Are Manly on track to Win the Premiership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The last couple of weeks it has been a very disjointed attack and opposition scoring pi$$ poor tries. As others have mentioned this needs to stop immediately as the finals are a few notches up over bottom 4 opposition.

The completion rate in the first 30mins was just above 50% and that's not good enough to trouble the big teams.

The final score tonight flattered our team and i am happy with the win but things need to change otherwise we'll be going into the sheds at HT with the game done and dusted.

Hoping it was our players with one eye on the finals and trying a few new things but i thought our tune up games would be more convincing.

It's finals footy and anything can happen from here and if we can cut out the errors and get a roll on we can beat anyone.

Oh and dry weather please!!!!

Well its an interesting question.

I never thought we could win 2008, but we steamrolled everyone in the finals. Late season floggings by both Souths and Roosters had me thinking we was making up the numbers.

2011 was the year of Fortress Brookvale. Us and Melbourne were the best teams. Lockyer missed the GF qualifier v Manly while Warriors take care of Storm. It was our years

I thought in 2012 and 2013 we had a team that could of won the comp either of those years - still cant believe what happened in 2013.

I think we are equal 3rd pick with the Bunnies, actually id like a Manly Souths GF but id be amazed if its not Riff - Storm, but there is a long way to go.

Yes we can. IF we complete at 85/90%, reduce our error count substantially, and improve our overall tackle efficiency. We will also need a ref to properly enforce the 10 metres, stand deeper in attack and play wide as often as we can. If we lose to the Storm it will be primarily because of defensive issues in the middle.

Finals football is a whole different ball game and anything is possible. Very exciting month ahead for all of us, I just hope everyone takes it in and enjoys every minute of it when u think about how far we have come from the start of the season. How many other teams that are starved of finals footy. How long we have had to wait for this new Manly Sea Eagles era to begin led by our God Tom Trbojevic. Let's take every moment in and ride this all the way manly fans.

This team is really coming together as premiership winning unit...but I feel they are 1 really big disappointment away from becoming strong enough to win all the marbles.

I see a laissez faire first half, letting the Storm score plenty of points. Then, we will just put the petal to the metal for 20 minutes and cream them. Welcome to Gen xyz footy.

Yeah, we can win the comp.

I think we will beat Melbourne next week. Let's hope we don't mentally play our "Grand Final" a couple of weeks too early.

Penrith are the side that worries me the most.

Well it's a whole new season from next Friday onwards.
Lose and we could play a beaten up team from the bottom half of the eight, win and sit back and watch the upsets. With this year's footy we could see a big upset or two like Parra did a few weeks ago.

My thoughts are that the Storm would have put 24 on us in the first half and I’m not sure we’d recover.

Don’t know how but they have to fix this complacency they seem to have in the first half of most games.
There'll be no complacency now. We know we're up against the best. IF we maximise our completions and kick long we'll beat anyone. Time with the ball, kick pressure and field position. It's simple as that. Dominate with the ball and we'll win.

There'll be no complacency now. We know we're up against the best. IF we maximise our completions and kick long we'll beat anyone. Time with the ball, kick pressure and field position. It's simple as that. Dominate with the ball and we'll win.
Correct but need to dominate with possession first , so keep it simple first up , mistake free and wait for the chances to come.

Let’s just remember this is the team that was coming second last. Manly will need to play better than we have the last 3 weeks if we are even going to go close. If we play our best footy then with Tommy in the team anything is possible
Indeed - what a fantastic display of resilience, commitment, and scintillating football to turn it all around. The very ingredients required to win a premiership. If not this year - soon.

Last edited:
I chuckle at the "mistake free footy is what we need" posts. Every side makes mistakes. It's part of playing such a high impact, violent sport. Character, discipline, and an ability to overcome adversity is what all the best sides display. Fortunately, this side has been doing that since round five.

After reviewing our game today and looking at the finals, Fittler said with the way they're playing "there'd be nothing better than seeing Manly in the grand final". Omg, I couldn't believe my ears...

If we'd come 5th and were up against the gummies or tits who have limped into the finals then there'd be a real risk of this complacency again. There can be none going up against the drizzle. We needed 4th , we needed the 2nd chance and we need to be playing the best because if we lose we'll know what we have to do to go the extra yard.

Well it's a whole new season from next Friday onwards.
Lose and we could play a beaten up team from the bottom half of the eight, win and sit back and watch the upsets. With this year's footy we could see a big upset or two like Parra did a few weeks ago.
Sing with me feathered friend !!!

Dessie take the crown off the storm
We cant lose to them any more
Three more wins and we are Kings
Knock-knock-knockin' on grand finals door

JOIN ME FEATHERED FRIENDS !!!
We are ....

Yes we are ...
236759636_10226282941960754_6123182343530882213_n.jpg

Hopefully the planets are aligning...
Manly at full strength...
Playing Storm with Munster & JAC possibly out...
Storm Bunnies & Panthers knocking themselves senseless only...
To lose to a well rested uninjured Manly who also happen to get the rub of the green from the refs @:)
And TT named player of the millennium

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10