Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren said:
Boys, you crack me up. Cam, my best mate's brother is gay and been a friend since day one. You guys have huge shots and gutter language at Christianity yet that's not bigoted?

Liar. Show me where I have used gutter language Darren. It's been a very long time since I have used any sort of foul language on this forum. So keep clutching at straws you bigot.

Lads,

Lets not let this go the way that all the narrow minded people like things to go (a degenerating shouting match which takes away from the situation at hand)

All this does is allow the narrow minded to try and claim the "higher" ground

lsz said:
Lads,

Lets not let this go the way that all the narrow minded people like things to go (a degenerating shouting match which takes away from the situation at hand)

Narrow minded? They prefer to be called Christians I think.

Can someone move this discussion to the general forum or something?

This has nothing to do with discussing rugby league.

Stevo said:
You didn't count the ways. You listed them. Ironstine.

- The Abo's at the Aboriginal mission in the town i live in and have played footy with all my life call themselves Abo's and black fellas and they are way more deadly than you so i don't see how it's racist for me to shorten Aborigine to Abo.

- Yeah you're right sorry. In my defense they all look the same to me.

- Mistype. I have fat fingers and i was using my phone. Do you have an issue with fat people too?

Stevo in your mind the word abo may not be meant in an offensive manner, but personally I see it as a derogatory term. Just because the locals use it to describe themselves doesn't necessarily mean it is an acceptable term for non aboriginals to use. Much like the infamous "N" word and African American usage. Anyone who grew up in the country has played sport or schooled with indigenous Australians, there maybe circumstances where those who you are friendly with would accept that sort of language in conversation. However on an internet forum where context is hard to judge, it at best comes across as clumsy and narrow minded.

bones said:
lsz said:
Lads,

Narrow minded? They prefer to be called Christians I think.

Actually I prefer people not trying to claim ascendancy by claiming I am narrow minded..... while they refuse to listen to an alternative point of view to their own, as they stay focus minded on only their "Broad view of the world"

Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:

- The Abo's at the Aboriginal mission in the town i live in and have played footy with all my life call themselves Abo's and black fellas and they are way more deadly than you so i don't see how it's racist for me to shorten Aborigine to Abo.

- Mistype. I have fat fingers and i was using my phone. Do you have an issue with fat people too?

Stevo in your mind the word abo may not be meant in an offensive manner, but personally I see it as a derogatory term. Just because the locals use it to describe themselves doesn't necessarily mean it is an acceptable term for non aboriginals to use. Much like the infamous "N" word and African American usage. Anyone who grew up in the country has played sport or schooled with indigenous Australians, there maybe circumstances where those who you are friendly with would accept that sort of language in conversation. However on an internet forum where context is hard to judge, it at best comes across as clumsy and narrow minded.

If you think the word Nigger and the word Abo are anything alike you are a space cadet.

Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:

If you think the word Nigger and the word Abo are anything alike you are a space cadet.

It's not about what you or I think, it's about what the person whom the term is being used to describe thinks. I wouldn't use either of those terms to be honest.

This topic is very gay and I'm not a bigot!! Cam, you have to stop being so angry at me.

Napper: He told me he was gay when he was 15. Since then he has had a string of male partners so I'm quite confident he's a homosexual.

Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:

It's not about what you or I think, it's about what the person whom the term is being used to describe thinks. I wouldn't use either of those terms to be honest.

And there's the problem. The word Abo doesn't describe anyone. It's a noun not an adjective.

Kiwi Eagle said:
This topic is gay

I don't think it's gay. It could be transgender though. It's a bit confusing.

bones said:
panash said:
Different argument !!

I mentioned before , what I feel marriage is to me and why. Once again my opinion.

I don't care if the gay community want to " so called get married " wouldn't bother me at all.

However I believe that marriage belongs to a man & woman as it has been for hundreds of years.

No, It was you who raised the point about gays not being able to reproduce. So why is it a "different argument" when I simply continued the debate in regards to the inability to reproduce? Just because you had no answer to my question, does not make it a different argument.

Mate I gave you MY example why I believe marriage is between man & woman , which has happened for hundreds of years which then ( in most cases ) together they create a new generation.

Once again , if it were marriages between the same gender from the start we wouldn't be here today !!!! Case closed.

If you think marriage between the same gender is right , normal or ok that is fine your entitled to that thought and I have never tried to deny you or anybody else the freedom of speech !!

Stevo said:
And there's the problem. The word Abo doesn't describe anyone. It's a noun not an adjective.

I don't want to get into an argument about semantics, but suffice to say some racial terms transcend the noun/adjective divide depending on context. I can only talk from my experience, but the term "abo" is not an innocent noun in my opinion. (Equally, you are entitled to your opinion as well)

Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:

I don't want to get into an argument about semantics, but suffice to say some racial terms transcend the noun/adjective divide depending on context. I can only talk from my experience, but the term "abo" is not an innocent noun in my opinion. (Equally, you are entitled to your opinion as well)

Could we have a thread with all know racial slurs so we know what is and what isn't allowed.

Hey I'll even compile it ;) (yes this post is tongue in cheek)

Darren said:
Panash, I do agree with your logic and you must not let the PC brigade stop you from having an opinion.

I do love it when I speak up against a potentially offensive op and get greeted with the old one two punch of

1. It's free speech
2. Stop being PC

How about thinking about how the people you are talking about would feel rather than concentrating on your "right " to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8