Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Great article in smh today about this journo coming out. The knights should fire stig, and the nrl should look hard at his comments, maybe stand him down.

I have not however forgotten webster's grave mistake earlier this year when he said Phil Blake was taken off souths by manly. Head sports writers ought to get their facts right.

Link to article:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/how-michael-kirby-saved-my-life-20131101-2ws8h.html

Stig believing in a Satan is punishment enough for his paranoia :cool:

Didn't God create man in his image :huh:

Marriage equality is a financial essential for Spouses ,who should be treated equal in Insurance and Legal matters , irrespective of their sexual orientation.

The great thing about this country , is the freedom of speech !!!!

since when is an individual not allowed to express his opinion , the gay community for years now cause media headlines ( for what ??? ).

If a gay person walks pass me in life ...... so what i dont think anything of it.

If anything this gay community gets more personal treatment than i do , why should they stop traffic and cause mayhem in the city for a parade once a year ??? they think they are normal , so am i !!!

i dont get a parade from the government for been who i am...

its about time we stop jumping up and down just because there is a little bump in life.

The newcastle player deserves to have a opinion , you dont have to like it or agree but he doesnt have to shut his mouth either.. there are alot more worst things in life that are said and done....

GET OVER IT !!!

Newcastle have just said they won't be renewing his contract after this year.

Something tells me he will find it hard to get another contract in Australia

Sorry Darren and Panash, it's ridiculously simplistic to say everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Speaking about homosexuality in the same breath as Satan is about as close to openly advocating gay-bashing as it gets.

Did you apply the same logic to Andrew Johns's right to call Greg Inglis a black c***?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry Darren and Panash, it's ridiculously simplistic to say everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Speaking about homosexuality in the same breath as Satan is about as close to openly advocating gay-bashing as it gets.

Did you apply the same logic to Andrew Johns's right to call Greg Inglis a black c***?

I'm assuming this Newcastle player is trying to make a point that
homosexuality is not part of the religion of Christanity.

This country is known to be majority Christian.

I don't care either way, but my previous point is that it seems you get shot down for having an opinion about something...

He did not make any violent comments towards the gay community, just raised his religious point of view...

His points about satan, genetics, alcoholism, gays and marches are absurd. Opinions are one thing, but any person expressing views that vilify others in a public forum is wrong.

panash said:
If a gay person walks pass me in life ...... so what i dont think anything of it.

This is a community announcement - there are gay people walking about. Just act normal.

We have many gay people at our large workplace, whom generally fit in like everyone else.

One thing i do notice is that it's funny and overlooked when some use their 'humour' to be derogatory against another straight male and get's the laugh from the ladies because he had a go against a strong male.

However if that strong male made the same type of comments, he'd be looking at a warning quick smart. It's the benefit of being in the minority in this day and age.

In saying that, i get along with most as if i would any other person, male or female. But i also don't get the special attention of having their own olympics and street marches. When do the dark brown haired men who play guitar get their own marches and olympics?

Mal they will get it once they are descriminated against for something they can not control

For mind I just do not understand the big deal. Gay people do not choose their sexuality so why should they not be able to get married etc

In time I am sure we will all look back and be more than a little embarrassed that it took so long to get some so simple right

SeaEagleRock8 said:

SER8, I believe you're going too deep on the premise they've noted. Everybody does have an entitlement to hold their own opinion, right or wrong. But in your comparison, Stig holds that the Devil makes them do it, whereas it's clear Johns didn't actually think Inglis is a black ****. Just lazy language use.

Although Stig takes his to one extreme, it's his opinion to share and others would agree with him. Fine, but if we don't agree then it's up to us to share our opinions and perhaps take the sting out of his more interesting views on the matter.

In the end, everybody is thus entitled to their opinion. And if it's controversial and you throw it out to the masses, then you'll just have to wear the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4