All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fox Sports news channel are reporting that Parramatta have become serious contenders for Cronk. They are reporting that the Eels have the cap space from (wait for it) monies freed up by Radrada leaving for Rugby. Wow Semi is a real fool to walk away from a 1 million dollar contract. He either really loves France or the deal he’s on is a world record sum.

Last edited:
Well it's similar to the Gutho situation...when a player can secure their future, you kinda have to do the right thing by them...it's easy when your fan to just say "stiff ****" to the player but these are real human-beings with family and the culture of the club and playing group can be affected when players feel like they are being hung out to dry...a la Glenn Stewart.

Ok @Snake, so why on earth did he sign through to 2018 without taking into consideration that it may be his last gig? I know contracts can be 'flimsy' these days and call me old school, but he signed on the dotted line with Manager in tow knowing exactly what he was committing to, so if all of a sudden his circumstances have changed, then my advice to Green is he have a cracker of a 2018 season to keep himself in the showroom, or else hope Manly sign a replacement and clear him to leave. It's not as if he won't be paid for 2018 either way.

Fox Sports news channel are reporting that Parramatta have become serious contenders for Cronk. They are reporting that the Eels have the cap space from (wait for it) monies freed up by Radrada leaving for Rugby. Wow Semi is a real fool to walk away from a 1 million dollar contract. He either really loves France or the deal he’s on is a world record sum.
another club trying to buy a premiership how many players is that now for Queen Arthur

so a winger leaves and they get a premiership winning half Australia half and qld half... why am I not suprised

He deserves more. He's their best player by a long shot.
They will miss him severely. I hope he doesn't go back to them although I reckon BA is smart enough to know that he is their best and they need him. Thats why they would be saving cap space - to bring him back next year and up grade him.
Semi has signed a 1 year deal in France with an extension in his favour for another year. If the Eels upgrade him to say $500k - I can see him coming back early next season.
Hope not though.
Doubt he will be back after his first couple of games, will be offered big money if form line continues.

Doubt he will be back after his first couple of games, will be offered big money if form line continues.

It will be very hard for him to come back I agree. He left for the money and his value in rugby will sky rocket once people notice. NRL simply can't compete with the money in Rugby and semi will only keep improving. Parras 500k offer will be laughable by then

I'd take Cronk for 2 to mould Metcalfe, Wright or Crust over 6 for Pearce but each to their own

Seems the Roosters agree with me too!

Don't get me wrong @Disco I was just stating a reason for Pearce over Cronk. I dont particularly want either.

So let's get the rumours right?
1. Roosters getting Cronk
2. Pearce going to Hooker (I was told that to someone close to a Rosters Board member and I mentioned in a previous post), now in Daily Tele.
3. Friend to bench
4. Friend will not play Hooker so Rosters need to make a decision on who is best at hooker. Friend definitely the cheaper choice
5. Manly - front runners whist Parramatta & Warriors are interested
6. Green wants a 3 year contract at Warriors - reportedly signed
7. Roster $650K under salary cap last year .....seriously who believes that unless they capped TPA's at over $5mil
8. NRL rejected / deferred / put requirements that need to be done before making a decision on Jamil
9. No chance now of getting Will Hoppa based on 8 because manger will negotiate overseas

Looks like a repeat of last year during end of last season and next season - TOTAL CAOS

So let's get the rumours right?
1. Roosters getting Cronk
2. Pearce going to Hooker (I was told that to someone close to a Rosters Board member and I mentioned in a previous post), now in Daily Tele.
3. Friend to bench
4. Friend will not play Hooker so Rosters need to make a decision on who is best at hooker. Friend definitely the cheaper choice
5. Manly - front runners whist Parramatta & Warriors are interested
6. Green wants a 3 year contract at Warriors - reportedly signed
7. Roster $650K under salary cap last year .....seriously who believes that unless they capped TPA's at over $5mil
8. NRL rejected / deferred / put requirements that need to be done before making a decision on Jamil
9. No chance now of getting Will Hoppa based on 8 because manger will negotiate overseas

Looks like a repeat of last year during end of last season and next season - TOTAL CAOS
I'll bet my Silvertails account (I will leave and never post again) if Will Hoppa plays anywhere but the Dogs next year.

Also, Jamil was rejected in 2016...since then, the club has not requested any formal clearance on Jamil because they haven't selected him, nor have they wanted to. He is still not in Manly's full time training squad. The club are not sweating on anything regarding his future.

All this talk about us goin for moylan and pearce. Im wondering if we had a crack at james maloney. He be bout same price but is one of the best goalkickers around. Really want a goalkicker .any top one will do!!!

I'll bet my Silvertails account (I will leave and never post again) if Will Hoppa plays anywhere but the Dogs next year.

Also, Jamil was rejected in 2016...since then, the club has not requested any formal clearance on Jamil because they haven't selected him, nor have they wanted to. He is still not in Manly's full time training squad. The club are not sweating on anything regarding his future.

If you had bothered to read my previous thread on such topic you would have noticed that I said that Jamil and his manager had sort a clearance last week - not Manly. Having said that the families first option is for all of them to play at Manly, and with 3 of them - granted some of them may well be supplementary to the teams needs, it makes sense. Given the response from NRL I agree it now looks unlikely but I look forward to diarising your comments just in case.

I noticed you didn't provide comment on points 1 -6? Ummmm?

I’m sorta pleased I’m heading off overseas in a few weeks and not back to the first week of December.

I suppose there will be free wifi where I’m going but I don’t plan on spending half my holidays on Silvertails.

So, I hope that if it’s not #nextweek or #nextmonth then maybe we will know more by #nextyear.

Surely by February we will know who is playing for us and who isn’t!

Is that too much to ask?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/bf703afb834e5f7115b5b3294448bce1

Buzz saying Cronk already done deal at Roosters, saying that we'd be leading the way (genuine interest) if Pearce does leave due to it, says Brad Arthur has an issue with Norman and mentions that Cronulla still want Moylan and Moylan still wants out.

I'd rather Pearce over Moylan for the halves, although just want the club to pursue one of them. Can't see Pearce leaving chooks, although if he does, which would be understandable, I'd love to have him and strongly believe we'd win a premiership with that pairing of DCE and Pearce. Alternatively, if we aren't pursuing either I would still love Green to stay, although not only is his time running out but for his family's sake it's better he goes to the Warriors (he'd be perfect for them).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/bf703afb834e5f7115b5b3294448bce1

Buzz saying Cronk already done deal at Roosters, saying that we'd be leading the way (genuine interest) if Pearce does leave due to it, says Brad Arthur has an issue with Norman and mentions that Cronulla still want Moylan and Moylan still wants out.

I'd rather Pearce over Moylan for the halves, although just want the club to pursue one of them. Can't see Pearce leaving chooks, although if he does, which would be understandable, I'd love to have him and strongly believe we'd win a premiership with that pairing of DCE and Pearce. Alternatively, if we aren't pursuing either I would still love Green to stay, although not only is his time running out but for his family's sake it's better he goes to the Warriors (he'd be perfect for them).
Signing cronk 2 months ago in a secret deal would p*ss Pearce off Jack......

If you had bothered to read my previous thread on such topic you would have noticed that I said that Jamil and his manager had sort a clearance last week - not Manly. Having said that the families first option is for all of them to play at Manly, and with 3 of them - granted some of them may well be supplementary to the teams needs, it makes sense. Given the response from NRL I agree it now looks unlikely but I look forward to diarising your comments just in case.

I noticed you didn't provide comment on points 1 -6? Ummmm?
There is a chance that Jamil will look elsewhere if he can't get a run at Manly, but Will Hopoate is not in the sights of Manly and is not on the nose at the Dogs...so the conclusion that they are working behind the scenes to all play together at Manly is fabricated somewhere along the line...not saying you fabricated it, but the Manly football department know nothing about Will Hopoate potentially seeking a release to come to Manly, nor have they sounded him out.

I rate both Will and Jamil as great footballers and it certainly would be nice if Will came home to Manly and Jamil got a start, but a 3 year contract at Canterbury for Will, and the fact that Jamil is not even in Manly's full time training squad, is in the way of all that happening.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8