AI, and it’s affect on our game and potential issues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AI is indeed frightening and dangerous. My wife has been telling me about it for a while a lot of her work colleagues use it to write their reports. It has the potential to ruin careers, reputations and implicate people in crimes they have not committed. It has the potential to start wars. Terminator.
Exactly what my BIL was saying , not sure if you read my first post , but he created an AI version of me , in 15 minutes spruiking as a qualified heart surgeon !!

It was me ( my visual , my voice ) but not me at all , just think about that.

He said he could create one of Anthony Albanese in 15 minutes , saying ridiculous **** , and stick it up across social media channels where it would be viewed by thousands before it would be taken down.

Knowing that , what the **** do you believe ????

His words to me before he left “ Mark unless you hear someone say something live that you are listening to believe almost nothing “.

The implications of this are massive

He also stated that even journos putting their name to a story use AI.

Apparently they use voice to set up the story , and then AI writes it for them.

It’s why you see ( at times ) errors appear and say “ isn’t anyone proof reading this “ ( that answer is no ).

My BIL actually teaches the stuff to uni students so he has all these programmes on his lap top.

He didn’t have time to show me the journalist one , but he said that’s how they do it.
Finally you’ve answered the question I’ve been asking for ages about the lack of/ none at all, proofreading.
When the papers are quoting someone they still use the (sic) definition. "Intentionally so written ". So if AI can pick it up for external quotes, why can’t it pick it up for all spelling mistakes, and/or grammatical errors?
I watched the Netflix doc on deadly robots the other day, and it was mostly AI. Not to spoil it, but what the two scientists have done with their "hey let’s see what happens when we tell AI to find the opposite of what we were working on!".
The genie is out of the bottle now. No matter how much you try and stuff it back in. Reminds me of another scientific experiment that got out of the bottle. Something to do with bats I think? What these two knobheads (sorry scientists) have done makes Wuhan look like a year 7 science experiment.

Check out “Unknown: Killer Robots” on Netflix

I asked it about ST fans and it replied:

Every signing we make is crap
Every re-signing we do is crap
Every team list we release is crap
Every coach we have is crap
Every player we have is crap
Every game we play like crap
But don't you dare question me,
About my love for my Manly.
Sounds like a Police tune...every step you take, every...and so on.

AI is indeed frightening and dangerous. My wife has been telling me about it for a while a lot of her work colleagues use it to write their reports. It has the potential to ruin careers, reputations and implicate people in crimes they have not committed. It has the potential to start wars. Terminator.
Yep. Netflix have basically written a documentary that should be called, " How to use AI to fuuck stuff up…..for idiots".

Check out “Unknown: Killer Robots” on Netflix

In my opinion AI is not real, there is only better, faster computers
Just like there is no "cloud" just someone else's computer.

It's nice to say AI but in real terms it just someone else's computer.

Interesting that Taiwan can build the best chips and the USA has banned China getting the tech to do so along with banning Huawei.

There is alot of big interest now in access to our details hence musk paying for twitter.

Last edited:
Another story on the impact of AI that I’ve just been reading and it’s for a business that worked with companies on press releases ( not sure why you need an external company for one of these but maybe you do) and the owner of the company said she’s been able to shed 5 junior positions and turn that into extra profit using an AI system.

The story said they were able to just feed in a few parameters , and the basics , and the AI spits out press releases in seconds ( compared to sometimes a days work with the juniors ).

As my BIL mentioned , it’s not so much the control that AI might have , it’s how it’s going to affect the labour market.

And this is a good example of how it will.

Another story on the impact of AI that I’ve just been reading and it’s for a business that worked with companies on press releases ( not sure why you need an external company for one of these but maybe you do) and the owner of the company said she’s been able to shed 5 junior positions and turn that into extra profit using an AI system.

The story said they were able to just feed in a few parameters , and the basics , and the AI spits out press releases in seconds ( compared to sometimes a days work with the juniors ).

As my BIL mentioned , it’s not so much the control that AI might have , it’s how it’s going to affect the labour market.

And this is a good example of how it will.
Just reading through some of the news sites today, there were spelling and grammatical errors everywhere. Then you realise there is no journos names attributed to the piece. It’s staff writers or nothing.
Also reading about how not only the students are using it for homework, essays, etc. But also the some teachers have been busted using AI to grade papers. As you said Mark, they set up some parameters, and AI spits out the appropriate grade to give students individually.

Also the daughter isn’t happy. I did one of those GPT chat poem things for her. And it was amazing what it came up with, considering I punched in just 5 ideas. The poem she was happy with, it’s the fact I now know how to use GPT chat. It is very addictive, and I have been churning out poems, songs, and just some parody pisstakes.

Last edited:
AI Is getting a lot of attention lately. Certainly is changing the world. At the end of the day as far as intelligence goes they are no more than pattern detection machines that are getting crazily much more faster and powerful. That’s the limit of their true capabilities from what I understand. As the for having impact on the game the possibilities are endless. Player performance measures, instant team by team game strategies highlighting every team/ player weakness etc. Dessie will be in heaven, I doubt very much AI will have any major role as a significant referee in the near future but will certainly be used as an aid of sorts for forward passes off side play ect.

AI Is getting a lot of attention lately. Certainly is changing the world. At the end of the day as far as intelligence goes they are no more than pattern detection machines that are getting crazily much more faster and powerful. That’s the limit of their true capabilities from what I understand. As the for having impact on the game the possibilities are endless. Player performance measures, instant team by team game strategies highlighting every team/ player weakness etc. Dessie will be in heaven, I doubt very much AI will have any major role as a significant referee in the near future but will certainly be used as an aid of sorts for forward passes off side play ect.
Surely forward passes. At least it would give Annersley something else to blame dud calls on.

No concern really. We’ll all be fried or drowning due to climate change. No politician cares, and the polluters put the blame on us. Sad really.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you ''2008'' an AI nursery rhyme.

In 2008, on a grand final day,
The Sea Eagles and Storm came out to play.
In front of 80,000 fans so true,
Manly and Melbourne, in a rugby league fued.
Michael Robertson, what a sight to see,
A hattrick of tries, he set us free.
The Storm tried hard, but they couldn't find a way,
Manly's defense held them at bay.

Oh, the Sea Eagles soared so high,
Against the Storm, they touched the sky.
Steve Menzies, in his final display,
Scored a try that made the crowd sway.

Forty points on the board, a sight so grand,
While Melbourne struggled to make a stand.
But the moment that made the crowd so keen,
Was when Cameron Smith on the sideline was seen.
The big screen showed him, the captain so tough,
But 80,000 people said, "That's enough!"
They booed and they jeered, a deafening sound,
In that moment, their loyalty was found.

So remember that day, in 2008's September,
When Manly and Melbourne, they did remember.
A grand final tale of triumph and glee,
A nursery rhyme for you and for me.
In the world of rugby, this story we share,
Of heroes and legends, in the grand final's glare.
The Sea Eagles prevailed, their spirits held tight,
In the 2008 NRL grand final's glorious light.

Surely this Foxsport piece today was written by AI... how long has it been since Arko was ARL chair, 20 years? 30?

Former Test captain Max Krilich declared “if you don’t want to sing the anthem then don’t play for the Kangaroos,” while ARL chair Ken Arthurson said the players need to “pay that respect” and it’s “an absolute must.”

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8