AI, and it’s affect on our game and potential issues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We had a family gathering ( my wife’s side ) over the weekend , her only brother ( and 5 sisters ) were here.

Now her brother , is a highly trained Professor, with a list of PHD’s and lectures at one of Queenslands major universities.

The discussion at one stage got to “ Artificial Intelligence “ and its effect and potential affect on society.

Knowing I was a Rugby League fan he said “ Mark were you aware that 90% of articles you now read on your game are written by AI” , me “ you aren’t serious are you “.

But he was.

Then we moved onto how AI can create a being that looks like you , sounds like you , but actually isn’t you.

Bull**** says me

“ Ok I’ll prove it to you “ , I’ll grab my laptop from the car , and then I’ll connect my phone to it and video you for 30 seconds “ and then in about 5 minutes I’ll show you a video of you speaking about a topic you have no knowledge of “

Ok says me , how about making me a heart surgeon!!

Well **** me drunk , 10 minutes later , he’s produced a video of me , talking with my voice , about my expertise in heart surgery rattling off all sorts of **** I wouldn’t know !!

Now just think about this if you will !!

You can make it a footballer if you like ,or the Prime Minister if you prefer , all Prof Steve needs , is some video/ audio of the person and he can then create ANYTHING.

The vision could be of the being making a stupid statement OR being involved in something much more untoward.

If this doesn’t scare the **** out of you , then the next bit will.

He said there are currently 10,000 or more programmers out there ( most coming from Iran / China / Russia ) creating “ Chaos GPT” , which has the potential to influence every single election in western countries with “ fake news “ ( think AI talking heads here ).

He said we are less than 2 years away from AI potentially being able to control the world we live in , without us having a say!!

No this isn’t a rumour monger , he’s a major academic, in his 60’s , and was telling me this as he’s frustrated that governments are just sticking their heads in the sand about it.

The world as we know it is rapidly changing.

And there’s much much more ( autonomous AI) but we ran out of time.

Anyone got any similar views ??

Last edited:
Yes...

Especially when you read articles like this

All that said it will create a demand for high quality work which will be needed to stand out

Yes...

Especially when you read articles like this

All that said it will create a demand for high quality work which will be needed to stand out
The other concern he raised was how AI is going to remove approx 850 million jobs world wide in a 5-10 year time frame.

And how do people survive if theres no work , as the welfare system can’t sustain that ??

One example he have me is two major law firms ( you can guess the ones ) are currently having written ( through AI) a programme that effectively means the end of junior solicitors.

The research work that 20 junior solicitors can do on a major case over 4 weeks will be done by AI in about 15 minutes.

A great cost saver for the law firm , but tell me how do we get barristers , Queens Councils & Judges if they don’t start at the junior level ???

The issue is you still need to review and have some form of quality control - there will be a correction as there always is and some less skilled roles will go but I do not think it will be the levels some are reporting considering most industries have been using AI for sometime already

Maybe the AI bot (whatever they're called) will learn enough to work it's way up the ladder and take the top job.
Looks like people like Michael Crichton and Isaac Asimov weren't too far off.
I'm just glad I won't be around in 50 years time

We had a family gathering ( my wife’s side ) over the weekend , her only brother ( and 5 sisters ) were here.

Now her brother , is a highly trained Professor, with a list of PHD’s and lectures at one of Queenslands major universities.

The discussion at one stage got to “ Artificial Intelligence “ and its effect and potential affect on society.

Knowing I was a Rugby League fan he said “ Mark were you aware that 90% of articles you now read on your game are written by AI” , me “ you aren’t serious are you “.

But he was.

Then we moved onto how AI can create a being that looks like you , sounds like you , but actually isn’t you.

Bull**** says me

“ Ok I’ll prove it to you “ , I’ll grab my laptop from the car , and then I’ll connect my phone to it and video you for 30 seconds “ and then in about 5 minutes I’ll show you a video of you speaking about a topic you have no knowledge of “

Ok says me , how about making me a heart surgeon!!

Well ** me drunk , 10 minutes later , he’s produced a video of me , talking with my voice , about my expertise in heart surgery rattling off all sorts of ** I wouldn’t know !!

Now just think about this if you will !!

You can make it a footballer if you like ,or the Prime Minister if you prefer , all Prof Steve needs , is some video/ audio of the person and he can then create ANYTHING.

The vision could be of the being making a stupid statement OR being involved in something much more untoward.

If this doesn’t scare the **** out of you , then the next bit will.

He said there are currently 10,000 or more programmers out there ( most coming from Iran / China / Russia ) creating “ Chaos GPT” , which has the potential to influence every single election in western countries with “ fake news “ ( think AI talking heads here ).

He said we are less than 2 years away from AI potentially being able to control the world we live in , without us having a say!!

No this isn’t a rumour monger , he’s a major academic, in his 60’s , and was telling me this as he’s frustrated that governments are just sticking their heads in the sand about it.

The world as we know it is rapidly changing.

And there’s much much more ( autonomous AI) but we ran out of time.

Anyone got any similar views ??

Whilst most of that is old-ish news to me - I didn't know about the footy articles - and would require more proof that this is the case.

Though how could they prove it when they could just "AI" someone up telling me it is so...!

I'd like to say I have concerns but 3 years ago, Dan and myself (real self) changed my username over to a beta model of AI. So as an AI model, I have no concerns about me.

Puny humans!

Whilst most of that is old-ish news to me - I didn't know about the footy articles - and would require more proof that this is the case.

Though how could they prove it when they could just "AI" someone up telling me it is so...!

I'd like to say I have concerns but 3 years ago, Dan and myself (real self) changed my username over to a beta model of AI. So as an AI model, I have no concerns about me.

Puny humans!

It’s not just footy , he told me that all the major mastheads ( Telegraph/ Herald / Melbourne Age etc etc are using AI extensively to reduce their costs.

Anything you see “ written by a staff reporter “ is AI.

Clearly a journo putting their name to a story is different

It’s not just footy , he told me that all the major mastheads ( Telegraph/ Herald / Melbourne Age etc etc are using AI extensively to reduce their costs.

oooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

I just thought 'staff writers' were journos too gutless to put there names to the story, or written by juniors, or such a ludicrous story that no one would put there name to it.

It's a brave new world and with the recent report of 'cell rejuvenation for age reversal' breakthroughs - who really wants to live forever?

oooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

I just thought 'staff writers' were journos too gutless to put there names to the story, or written by juniors, or such a ludicrous story that no one would put there name to it.

It's a brave new world and with the recent report of 'cell rejuvenation for age reversal' breakthroughs - who really wants to live forever?
He also stated that even journos putting their name to a story use AI.

Apparently they use voice to set up the story , and then AI writes it for them.

It’s why you see ( at times ) errors appear and say “ isn’t anyone proof reading this “ ( that answer is no ).

My BIL actually teaches the stuff to uni students so he has all these programmes on his lap top.

He didn’t have time to show me the journalist one , but he said that’s how they do it.

It’s why you see ( at times ) errors appear and say “ isn’t anyone proof reading this “ ( that answer is no ).

My BIL actually teaches the stuff to uni students so he has all these programmes on his lap top.

He didn’t have time to show me the journalist one , but he said that’s how they do it.

Interesting.

It's going to be even scarier than the movie running man!

In less than a second, chatGPT came up with this when I put in 'ode to Mark from Brisbane, Sea Eagles supporter for 50 years' ...

Oh, Mark from Brisbane, a loyal fan indeed,
For half a century, your heart does bleed,
A dedicated supporter of the Manly Sea Eagles,
Through highs and lows, through victories and sieges.

From the golden shores of Brookvale, they soar,
With wings of determination, forever they explore,
And you, dear Mark, have been there from the start,
Cheering them on with all your passion and heart.

Through the toughest battles, you stood strong,
Weathering storms, singing victory's song,
In maroon and white, you proudly adorn,
A faithful fan, through times forlorn.

You've witnessed legends grace the hallowed field,
The fierce battles, the victories sealed,
From Fulton to Stewart, Lyon to Turbo,
The heroes who made your spirit grow.

Through each season's journey, you never wane,
Your unwavering support, a lifelong refrain,
You've seen the ups and the downs they faced,
But your loyalty never once misplaced.

So here's to you, Mark, a fan so true,
For 50 years of dedication, through and through,
May the Sea Eagles soar high and mighty,
As you continue to bask in their glory.

May victories come your way, each season anew,
And the team you love bring joy to you,
Through the highs and lows, the wins and fails,
Your unwavering spirit forever prevails.

Last edited:
In less than a second, chatGPT came up with this when I put in 'mark from Brisbane, Sea Eagles supporter for 50 years' ...

Wait .... wait .... Is @BOZO a bot? 😳

And just for fun ... I"ll stop now.

In the land of rugby league, a tale unfolds,
Of a coach named Seibold, whose story is told,
With high hopes and expectations abound,
But alas, his coaching prowess couldn't be found.

Seibold, they said, was the chosen one,
To lead a team, to make them shine like the sun,
But as the matches passed, it became clear,
His strategies faltered, his decisions unclear.

The team he helmed, once strong and united,
Now floundered and struggled, their spirits blighted,
Confusion reigned on the field of play,
As fans lamented, night after day.

Tactics were questioned, substitutions amiss,
The once-promising team now in a state of abyss,
They yearned for a leader, a guiding light,
But Seibold's coaching seemed to lack the might.

Fans cried out in frustration and despair,
Their dreams shattered, beyond repair,
For coaching is an art, a delicate craft,
And Seibold's touch proved to be a gaff.

Oh, Seibold, your tenure will forever be remembered,
A cautionary tale, a lesson to be rendered,
That coaching requires more than just a name,
It demands skill, vision, and a burning flame.

So as the seasons pass, let us not forget,
The tale of Seibold, a coach who didn't quite get,
That in the realm of rugby league's grand stage,
Only the best can truly engage.

In less than a second, chatGPT came up with this when I put in 'ode to Mark from Brisbane, Sea Eagles supporter for 50 years' ...

I wonder if it would just change some names if you said Mark and another team? Like keep the structure of the poem the same.

I asked it about ST fans and it replied:

Every signing we make is crap
Every re-signing we do is crap
Every team list we release is crap
Every coach we have is crap
Every player we have is crap
Every game we play like crap
But don't you dare question me,
About my love for my Manly.

It’s funny but my BIL said the Chat GPT one wasn’t so much of an issue with most universities now equipped to pick up students using it.

But it’s the AI that’s coming that he’s worried about.

Wee that should be good! Hopefully the AI Reports are more accurate than the journalist ones

Just sayin’

@globaleagle

If you are keen on looking at what he’s talking about research “ Chaos GPT”

Not sure how much is out there , but he said it’s very very scary what they are doing, very much creating end of world type scenarios with autonomous AI running it.

AI is indeed frightening and dangerous. My wife has been telling me about it for a while a lot of her work colleagues use it to write their reports. It has the potential to ruin careers, reputations and implicate people in crimes they have not committed. It has the potential to start wars. Terminator.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8