Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AFB needs to be our 2025 target. We could release Condon, Fulton, Waddell, Aloiai & others to accommodate. We need more quality, and less quantity, now to progress.

We are going to be near the bottom of the league next year, so we need to re-sign our thinking. We have the backs, we need to re-tool the forwards.

Of those 4 players you mentioned 3 of them would be close to minimum contract. Only significant contract is Aloiai on 600k. We will still need to fill the top 30 with others on a minimum contract.
We will have to move on a few players on decent coin to even be in the conversation. Aloiai is a good start.

We need more quality, and less quantity, now to progress.
Less quantity? Every squad must have the same 'quantity' of players, it's not optional.

So I assume you mean we need an additional top end star.

AFB is a top player who would strengthen the side, but that could only come at the expense of our depth. Many fans and pundits have already identified Manly's top heavy roster as our Achilles heel in recent years: a few stars but not enough decent first grade quality depth around them.

It's a balancing act for every club but we won't get AFB by releasing the likes of Condon and Fulton,
it would have to be at the expense of 2 or 3 experienced, mid-tier first grade-standard players. In fact we'd have to bring a lot more Condons and Fultons into the squad if we were to afford another high-price star. Which is OK if our top 20 or so remain mostly fit, except that rarely ever happens.

Less quantity? Every squad must have the same 'quantity' of players, it's not optional.

AFB is a top player who would strengthen the side, but that could only come at the expense of our depth. Many fans and pundits have already identified Manly's top heavy roster as our Achilles heel in recent years: a few stars but not enough decent first grade quality depth around them.

It's a balancing act for every club but we won't get AFB by releasing the likes of Condon and Fulton,
it would have to be at the expense of 2 or 3 experienced, mid-tier first grade-standard players. In fact we'd have to bring a lot more Condons and Fultons into the squad if we were to afford another high-price star. Which is OK if our top 20 or so remain mostly fit, except that rarely ever happens.
Good points

Thankfully, I'm not a salary cap expert, but the club DOES employ people for exactly that purpose. Tough decisions need to be made, sure. But why throw up reasons things shouldn't and can't happen to progress and improve our roster? We need to think differently.

If we need to release fan favorites, who have achieved nothing at Manly, then @SeaEagleRock8 , so be it mate if it facilitates momentum and improvement.

So yeah, AFB should be our target 2025. One of the best props in the league. That may require a re-tool or new direction in recruitment, sweet ! Make it happen - we suck at the moment - can hardly beat a top 8 team.

Make it happen - we suck at the moment - can hardly beat a top 8 team.
Well, we beat Storm (Top 4 side) plus Sharks, Chooks, Raiders. Also beat grand finalists Eels and drew with top 8 Knights. Ripped off v premiership heavyweights Souths.
Absolutely we need to keep improving, but don't forget we did improve somewhat this year!
And I agree, I'd love us to get a top tier prop, would be great. Maybe we can develop another one?

Well, we beat Storm (Top 4 side) plus Sharks, Chooks, Raiders. Also beat grand finalists Eels and drew with top 8 Knights. Ripped off v premiership heavyweights Souths.
Absolutely we need to keep improving, but don't forget we did improve somewhat this year!
And I agree, I'd love us to get a top tier prop, would be great. Maybe we can develop another one?

Yup, agree with and to all of that. Also, we absolutely improved in all facets.

I just remember our scouting team found guys likes Matai, The Stewarts, JWH, Tasi, - jeez I hope we can fins some smokey's like them again. Imagine us landing the next big thing - we used to do it. Heck, where did we find FOZ and DCE.

Just hoping our recruitment goes up a few levels haha.

Taniela Paseka has been around a while - but guess what, he only turned 26 last month! If he and Sips can play every game our pack will take on a whole different look.

It really is time for Paseka to have a season where he is considered one of the top 6 props in the game and with luck plays 20+ games. With that, our season improves and we don't need to break the bank on a 1M frontrower

This terrifying number prompted me to ask ChatGPT, "What is the opposite of value?"

The answer below:

The opposite of value can be expressed by words that indicate low quality, uselessness, harm, or disadvantage. Some examples of antonyms for value are inadequacy, inconsequence, inconsequentiality, insignificance, irrelevance, triviality, unimportance, worthlessness, and disvalue.
Disvalue? AI still has a little way to go :rolleyes:

Season 7 Episode 3 GIF by The Big Bang Theory

AFB needs to be our 2025 target. We could release Condon, Fulton, Waddell, Aloiai & others to accommodate. We need more quality, and less quantity, now to progress.

We are going to be near the bottom of the league next year, so we need to re-sign our thinking. We have the backs, we need to re-tool the forwards.
Injuries will determine where we finish, as they did this year. We have a side that can make the top 4 if it's 1-17 most of the year.

That's also why AFB will not be the answer, if we put all our eggs in one basket and the player gets injured, we are stuffed

Thankfully, I'm not a salary cap expert, but the club DOES employ people for exactly that purpose. Tough decisions need to be made, sure. But why throw up reasons things shouldn't and can't happen to progress and improve our roster? We need to think differently.

If we need to release fan favorites, who have achieved nothing at Manly, then @SeaEagleRock8 , so be it mate if it facilitates momentum and improvement.

So yeah, AFB should be our target 2025. One of the best props in the league. That may require a re-tool or new direction in recruitment, sweet ! Make it happen - we suck at the moment - can hardly beat a top 8 team.

This is just an aside, and for the record I'd love AFB back.

But the comment regarding regarding "fan favourites who have achieved nothing at Manly".

I assume this refers to premierships? If so its a weird metric for an individual player.

By that same judgement AFB is a player who has achieved nothing at Manly and the Warriors.

I thought a poster on here who appeared to be in the know said we were no chance to get AFB. personally think we have 0% chance of getting him back particularly given the Dogs, Dragons and Tigers have more cap space.

I thought a poster on here who appeared to be in the know said we were no chance to get AFB. personally think we have 0% chance of getting him back particularly given the Dogs, Dragons and Tigers have more cap space.
I'm not in the know but I'd agree.

Nor would I think it prudent for us to drop 1mil on him

As much as I would like to see him back he is not a million dollar player IMO. I can't for the life if me see how the Dogs could fit him in their cap. He's likely to end up at the Dragons.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8