Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
IMG_4453.jpeg

Nice brown paper bag 💰

I’m getting sick and tired of seeing Gould constantly being linked to every quality player on the market (even though that’s his job) isn’t thier cap full and overflowing , or do they work on the same one as the Rorters and Souffs?
To be honest that is what should happen. My hope is that we are doing a similar albeit more discreet process ourselves

We have Turbo ($1M+), DCE ($1M+), Jake, Schu, Brooks and Guac (soon) on $800K+… that’s almost $5.5M…

Koala, Preacher, Garrick all $600K+ - another $1.8M…

21 other players to distribute $4.8M between = circa $230K each…

I accept these are back-of-a-napkin calculations but I cannot see how we could be in the position to stump up $1M+ per season for AFB….

It would bring the average wage for the remaining 20 players, including Lodge, Tent, Saab, Frog etc., down to $190K and the minimum wage (which no starting 17 player would be on) is $120K…

For mine AFB market is a non-event unless Manly can get warriors to swap Schu (or someone else in that $800K+ range)…

Last edited:
We have Turbo ($1M+), DCE ($1M+), Jake, Schu, Brooks and Guac (soon) on $800K+… that’s almost $5.5M…

Koala, Preacher, Garrick all $600K+ - another $1.8M…

21 other players to distribute $4.8M between = circa $230K each…

I accept these are back-of-a-napkin calculations but I cannot see how we could be in the position to stump up $1M+ per season for AFB….

It would bring the average wage for the remaining 20 players, including Lodge, Tent, Saab, Frog etc., down to $190K and the minimum wage (which no starting 17 player would be on) is $120K…

For mine AFB market is a non-event unless Manly can get warriors to swap Schu (or someone else in that $800K+ range)…

Brooks on 600k or 650k I believe.

DCE on circa 800 next year.

Schuster apparently closer to 600k with performance bonuses.

Not forgetting marquee player allowances, long serving player allowances, third party deals etc etc.

Not to disagree with the general theme of your post, as I think us stumping up a mil for AFB is unlikely.

But I think crude calculations of salary caps are always fraught with danger.

Not forgetting marquee player allowances, long serving player allowances, third party deals etc etc.

Not to disagree with the general theme of your post, as I think us stumping up a mil for AFB is unlikely.

i havnt seen anything in the media about dce contract value other than its a secret

on ST ive seen 800 and 1 mill

at some point in 24 i believe journos get access to squad dollars with players names left off the list, so its a guessing game. wont be hard when its released

im wondering where both figures come from and how accurate they are really

May have been on the viable category side if say Alioia and Lodge "s contracts were substituted for A F B and it is still one more season away apparently in any case .
So really just speculation where and how things may eventually pan out and taking into account his own specific club preferences if some of the offers were fairly similar .
Anyway , maybe better to have some confidence that Lodge can seriously deliver when he can resume playing for Manly again and as for Alioia , just no idea really if he can finally provide some value for money and string a good portion of games together .

We need to save our dollars to be able to pay for Lodge to rehabilitate, with leftovers for Waddell, Talau, Woods, Brown and the other castoffs looking for a last shot at things.

Was not aware Chez was dropping $400K next season… on his form he should be given shares in the leagues club for taking such a generous hit…

I thought I saw $800K for Brooks but that may be what tigpies offered him…

Either way, we are not in the AFB conversation imo… wish we were but then we were stupid enough to let him walk so here we are…

We need to save our dollars to be able to pay for Lodge to rehabilitate, with leftovers for Waddell, Talau, Woods, Brown and the other castoffs looking for a last shot at things.
Sadly you are not even exaggerating…

Man if you can not see the problem is not Waddel, brown, woods etc and it is elsewhere you really are deluded.

We need to fill a squad and some of those are going to be base contracts. As we have a number of highly paid players we need to have a number of low level contracts.

The club appears to be gambling on somewhat undervalued (in their view ) known players rather than kids / other players. If that is your beef then fair enough but to say we are signing players like that instead of players like AFB is just delusional

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8