Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A deal has already been unofficially finalised behind closed doors. No one leaves such lucrative employment without another already lined up
Yep, hasn't he got three seasons to go on his current deal?
So, as he is in the top three props ( performance & $$) in the game seems like someone has upped the ante just like the Warriors did to us.
As much as part of me wishes we had a prop like him, there's also the part that I'm glad we don't.

Saw an interview where he said the bikies stuff was false and he wanted a fresh start for his family. I scoffed at the time thinking it was clearly about money. With the return trip I'm not so sure, he is walking away from a 3 year $950k+ contract. He will be doing well to get a significant pay rise. There must be other factors at play. Unless he already has a handshake deal for $1.1M+.
Fair enough. I still think his left for more money in the end.

I'd love if we nabbed him. He would be the missing piece that our pack needs. I'm sure he'll end up with some other club with more space in their cap or more room under the sombrero. Our only serious bargaining chip is that he might still have mates here from his last stint.

Unsure what to think about AFB. Supposedly leaves Manly to get away from Sydney and/or gangs (but realistically may have wanted and got more money in NZ). Now he wants to come back to Sydney for family reasons (and again supposedly not for money).
As he's contracted to the Warriors till 2026, will they willingly release him as requested. Hard to imagine, unless they take the view like Manly did of why keep him if he doesn't want to be there.
If he does return to Manly, I hope it's a short-term deal as history has shown he doesn't stay in one place for long. As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is and this could well be the case with AFB, but fingers crossed.

I got excited at first because we have been moving pieces, I agree he has probably lined something up before requesting a release and I have always rated him and was sorry to see him leave us…

…but the more I read this thread the more I realised that the dogs have also made moves AND have that wily Fox Gus who would not have tipped TPJ out to paddock for no reason…

He’ll end up a dog is my guess… although the tigpies may be a sneaky chance… how close was he with the Fultons?

How about this guy's? Would you all entertain a player swap between Aloiai and AFB? I'd even possibly throw in a back / centre like Talau / Parker or Tuipulotu (one who won't get much game time here), and no dollars may actually have to change hands - just players.

IF the players are willing, this is a move that Mestrov / recruitment should be forward thinking with. We already have the Tigers 2 Fainu's (3 now) and for what ? Zilch.

I also think The Warriors get plenty of value back in a deal like this.

Unfortunately I have zero faith in the quality and quick thinking of our club and recruitment though. Our strategy is cast offs, has beens, over paying existing players who have achieved nothing and bums.

How about this guy's? Would you all entertain a player swap between Aloiai and AFB? I'd even possibly throw in a back / centre like Talau / Parker or Tuipulotu (one who won't get much game time here), and no dollars may actually have to change hands - just players.

IF the players are willing, this is a move that Mestrov / recruitment should be forward thinking with. We already have the Tigers 2 Fainu's (3 now) and for what ? Zilch.

Unfortunately I have zero faith in the quality and quick thinking of our club and recruitment though. Our strategy is cast offs, has beens, over paying existing players who have achieved nothing and bums.
Like the idea but the warriors would not be stoopid enough to take Aloiai and Tippy-toes for AFB… even Jimmy Swaggart couldn’t sell that swap…

AFB is more Schuster and Shipley package-level…. (Dependent upon them buying into the Shoo-hype of course)

If we get AFB back for Aloiai the only players I'd be hesitant to lose as a sweetener would be Turbo, Saab, Garrick, Koula, Chez, Paseka, Guac, Jake and Sipley. Anyone else can kick rocks.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8