ABC Radio National and the Stewart case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
There is to be a program at 8.20am this morning, Saturday, on the Brett Stewart case centering on the 'father's' role in this matter. Available on podcast I imagine.

Cheers Dsm.

Anyone who has the tuned in radio app it's called radio national 576 Saturday extra.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://streema.com/radios/play/1622

feel sorry for the reporter! bull****

I don't feel sorry for the scum at holt street.

No disrespect guys to anyone here, but I wish everyone would just drop it ! I say that out of respect of the Stewart family, and others involved.

Poor kid. It would be like a recurring nightmare to him ! Whenever he reads an article, even a positive one, it starts with guff about the "alleged event where he was proven innocent".

I just want to read the positive about him as it stands FFS !!

Sorry guys, I find all this very frustrating. He should be enjoying a magical period in his life (only around 10-15 years of it), and it's getting muddied / soured by all this ****.

He deserves better - I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://streema.com/radios/play/1622

feel sorry for the reporter! bull****

Research is a thing of the past - its all about the headline. Telegraph is not an investigative journal, it's a tabloid so no pity for the journalists

Berkeley_Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Just a re-hash of the article

bones said:
Awesome.... Woke up just in time. Thanks DSM

Ahhhh the male morning routine. s**t, shower, shave and Silvertails. But not necessarily in that order

lol new catchcry of this site

And a possible explanation of some of the quality of our posts!! :p

Ryan said:
No disrespect guys to anyone here, but I wish everyone would just drop it ! I say that out of respect of the Stewart family, and others involved.

Poor kid. It would be like a recurring nightmare to him ! Whenever he reads an article, even a positive one, it starts with guff about the "alleged event where he was proven innocent".

Sorry guys, I find all this very frustrating. He should be enjoying a magical period in his life (only around 10-15 years of it), and it's getting muddied / soured by all this s**t.

He does deserve better, you are right. But there was no chance that was going to happen once those bull**** allegations were made. If this story stops even one person yelling out a derogatory name to him, or to his family, then it has been a good thing. The more people that know the truth, the better IMO.

Sorry Ryan but got to disagree. Brett was innocent from the get go, and that should be acknowledged by as many people as possible and as many times over. That show is Australia wide, so to expose his accuser as a charlatan and a con-man is a good thing for Brett. Geraldine Dooge has a lot of credibility and for her to come out and apologise for her initial thoughts on the case is also a good thing. Gallop should follow her example, but he won't, because he's a low-life grub.

DSM5 said:
Sorry Ryan but got to disagree. Brett was innocent from the get go, and that should be acknowledged by as many people as possible and as many times over. That show is Australia wide, so to expose his accuser as a charlatan and a con-man is a good thing for Brett. Geraldine Dooge has a lot of credibility and for her to come out and apologise for her initial thoughts on the case is also a good thing. Gallop should follow her example, but he won't, because he's a low-life grub.

Nailed it in one :)

What is sobering listening to the report is, how simple it is to destroy a public figure by utilising the 'freedom of the press' to basically broadcast/print falsehood.:s

The judgement of costs against the plaintiff has continued to be shown to be a farce. If the plaintiff have no assests - the innocent party is still punished by the prohibitive costs of clearing their name.

Brett may well be served in going to the London Irish and reinventing himself. In Oz he will always be subject to innuendo :mad:

Can't agree Ryan. Why should Brett feel like he has something to be ashamed of. The poor bloke did nothing more than responsibly catch a cab home, yet his life was turned upside down by this low life piece of scum. I'm a Manly fan, and I didn't even realise the depth and extent of this con man's history and depravity, imagine what the average punter in the street thinks. If this article and radio coverage changes the opinion of only one person than it's a good thing.

Ideally I'd love the focus of the story to shift onto the immoral and libellous reporting of the incident by the media, but we all know that won't happen. I also feel someone in the DPP should be made to explain how such a flimsy case warranted such a waste of taxpayers money.

You are right on one front though Ryan, he does deserve better. If people like that slag Wilson and Gallop had any semblance of decency and self respect they'd publicy apologise to Brett for the way they treated him.

Can't see that apology ever coming. Rebecca Wilson in her column today was too busy pretending she is a rugby union fan & gushing over a Saturday afternoon test match at the SFS.

Ryan said:

Sorry guys, I find all this very frustrating. He should be enjoying a magical period in his life (only around 10-15 years of it), and it's getting muddied / soured by all this s**t.

Which way (agree or disagree) do you think Brett would lean on the following saying:

"For evil to triumph it only takes good men to do nothing"

I have no doubt on the answer to that.

I just hope this makes it a step closer to real story being told either on 4 corners or 60 minutes.

Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:

Which way (agree or disagree) do you think Brett would lean on the following saying:

"For evil to triumph it only takes good men to do nothing"

I have no doubt on the answer to that.

I do agree with that sentiment mate, but I also think the scenario has played out its coarse, and believe we are in the "time heals" area here.

I don't know, maybe I just feel too much for the kid (and he's still a kid). I feel very badly for him, Glenn, and everyone associated with the situation that was affected.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8