ABC Radio National and the Stewart case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im not sure 4 corners would go for it - but I hope they do, they have the best investigative reporters IMO - they went pretty hard on footballers in general when the incident occurred, Matty Johns.

Cameron said:
I just hope this makes it a step closer to real story being told either on 4 corners or 60 minutes.

Chip and Chase said:
Can't agree Ryan. Why should Brett feel like he has something to be ashamed of. The poor bloke did nothing more than responsibly catch a cab home, yet his life was turned upside down by this low life piece of scum. I'm a Manly fan, and I didn't even realise the depth and extent of this con man's history and depravity, imagine what the average punter in the street thinks. If this article and radio coverage changes the opinion of only one person than it's a good thing.

That one person should be Gallop.

Just in case no one thought of it.

cough

Here is the link to the original MediaWatch episode criticising the club for allegedly attempting a smear campaign against the father

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2517616.htm

If you want to contact them to encourage them to investigate the media's reporting of the incident at the time then their email address is

[email protected]

We as a population have to take some of the blame as well. Our fascination with celebrity, our desire for fast news has shaped the way the media works today. We now yearn for day when a journalists integrity was most important to them, when they were respected by the public because they wrote stories which mattered to the community. But we ignored them for fast news and a cheap headline, for opinions by social commentators driving thier own agendas.

As much as it was a travesty that happened to Snake, perhaps we the people have been done a greater disservice by media because the chase of the dollar has taken precedence over integrity.

Masked Eagle said:
We as a population have to take some of the blame as well. Our fascination with celebrity, our desire for fast news has shaped the way the media works today. We now yearn for day when a journalists integrity was most important to them, when they were respected by the public because they wrote stories which mattered to the community. But we ignored them for fast news and a cheap headline, for opinions by social commentators driving thier own agendas.

As much as it was a travesty that happened to Snake, perhaps we the people have been done a greater disservice by media because the chase of the dollar has taken precedence over integrity.

The moronic masses maybe but i'd like to think that less manly fans fall into this category than those of other teams.

We pay for the ignorance of Parra fans.

I for one am very grateful for DSM5 and others who went to court and reported the proceedings on this site. The whole case stunk from the start and sadly Brett copped bad treatment to sell millions of papers for News Limited.

He also paid for the 'snow-job' that was the Coffs Harbour investigation related to another team a few years back.

Chip and Chase said:
Can't agree Ryan. Why should Brett feel like he has something to be ashamed of. The poor bloke did nothing more than responsibly catch a cab home, yet his life was turned upside down by this low life piece of scum. I'm a Manly fan, and I didn't even realise the depth and extent of this con man's history and depravity, imagine what the average punter in the street thinks. If this article and radio coverage changes the opinion of only one person than it's a good thing.

Very well said C&C.

But who did you mean when you said you "didn't even realise the depth and extent of this con man's history and depravity"?

Gallop? Kent? the father? Murdoch?

Canteen Worker said:
I for one am very grateful for DSM5 and others who went to court and reported the proceedings on this site. The whole case stunk from the start and sadly Brett copped bad treatment to sell millions of papers for News Limited.

He also paid for the 'snow-job' that was the Coffs Harbour investigation related to another team a few years back.

Yep thats my sentiments exactly.

The problem is that Murdoch (News Ltd) controls 70% of Australian news outlets, yes 70%, and most of those outlets are tilted towards the bogan reader, aka Telegraph.

Was there a podcast from the ABC radio thing the other day

Daniel said:

Yes there was. You'll find it on the ABC website. 576AM Saturday Extra.

It didn't really make any startling revelations over and above the written article

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/saturdayextra/mark-whittaker-on-brett-stewart/4086822

This was just a re-hash or part of that "Sins Of The Father" article?
I read that for the 1st time the other day, only skimmed much of it as it went on with a lot of crap I thought.
Somewhat comforting to see even more proof that Snake was innocent, that scumbag father.

Chip and Chase said:
Daniel said:

Yes there was. You'll find it on the ABC website. 576AM Saturday Extra.

It didn't really make any startling revelations over and above the written article

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/saturdayextra/mark-whittaker-on-brett-stewart/4086822

Yes, cheers for that link.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7