A disgusting story breaking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
stand-up comedians of Australia are rejoicing, this sort of material is gold.

jjai link said:
the thing that fukn blows me out the most is .. if his team mates didnt put it out there   we wouldnt have even known,  he  so called team mates fukn stuffed him up if i was the raiders board i would sack the others too .. photographer & any one else  in the house who was there at the time of the  pic ..  for putting his team mate & the club in this s**t..  i wouldnt stop at just joel the pricks need to be fukd up as well..
I agree mate, whoever leaked the photo needs to be sacked. They clearly aren't a team player. I don't condone what Monaghan did, but whoever leaked/took the photo should be sacked as well.

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185890.msg304915#msg304915 date=1288925591]
It's not like he was chock a block up the the f**ken thing!
Fkn funny...spilt my bloody beer reading that!lol
[/quote]

Hope there wasn't a dog in the vicinity ...

other people shouldn't pass judgment

as the old saying goes.........don't knock it till you've tried it !!!!!

Joel Monaghan has been sacked by the Canberra Raiders in light of the recent scandal, but, in a surprise move, has been offered the captaincy of the Canterbury Bulldogs. Tomorrow's Daily Telegraph will read:

"MONAGHAN ACCEPTS HEAD JOB FROM DOGS"

Monaghan is one "sick puppy".
A question - was the dog a cockaspaniel ??.

The next question will be are there clauses that would allow an employer to sack an employee for something that was not done while either at work or representing the company?

There would be arguments that the player represents the club 24/7 for 365 day's a year but no employer has the right to demand that regardless of that.

by that argument Ant, surely someone on his/her work function wouldnt be suspended by the parent body for a month and his employer fined $100 000, for something which the person was found not guilty of 18 months later??

That coulndt happen surely :)

Ant80 link said:
The next question will be are there clauses that would allow an employer to sack an employee for something that was not done while either at work or representing the company?
In any position where the employee's identity is readily identifiable with the employer, I'd expect so. And let's face it, if an employer wants to sack someone there is generally a way they can do it. As for NRL, I think all contracts have to include a 'catch-all' type clause about bringing the game into disrepute ... in this instance, case closed!

Ant80 link said:

There would be arguments that the player represents the club 24/7 for 365 day's a year but no employer has the right to demand that regardless of that.
its a hard one Ant. I agree with this 100%, a company doesnt own you or your actions ever. The problem for Rugby League is that it doesnt even break even financially. The individual clubs are pretty much held to ransome by sponsors as they are giving them life in the form of cash so its very different to most work places. Image is everything, thats the only reason companies collectively pay Rugby league millions of bucks a year to have there name associated with the brand

Footy is crazy really, we need young full on athletes who like to live on the edge on the field, and then turn into born agains when off the field

The NRl has talked about this program and that program, very reactive to the climate but they just expect squeeky clean results from the players, but invest nothing virtually into ensuring it. Every player that plays NRL should be given a code of conduct by the NRL as the do in the public service, be made fully aware of the issues and more importantly the repercussions

The NRL wants the clubs to handle it 1 day and then butt in the next

Joel was an idiot but i am sick of the NRL and there  reactionary attitude

In another issue, just read an article on fox re inglis and souths and the journalist still found a way of including the andrew johns and inglis issue and still had to resort to using black C*** in the story

All the bad **** in this game is reported by the dickheads that own it. There has to be an agenda. No other company would be so harsh on another section of there firm ever. Its just not business

jbb/james link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185890.msg305005#msg305005 date=1288993666]

its a hard one Ant. I agree with this 100%, a company doesnt own you or your actions ever. The problem for Rugby League is that it doesnt even break even financially. The individual clubs are pretty much held to ransome by sponsors as they are giving them life in the form of cash so its very different to most work places. Image is everything, thats the only reason companies collectively pay Rugby league millions of bucks a year to have there name associated with the brand

Footy is crazy really, we need young full on athletes who like to live on the edge on the field, and then turn into born agains when off the field

The NRl has talked about this program and that program, very reactive to the climate but they just expect squeeky clean results from the players, but invest nothing virtually into ensuring it. Every player that plays NRL should be given a code of conduct by the NRL as the do in the public service, be made fully aware of the issues and more importantly the repercussions

The NRL wants the clubs to handle it 1 day and then butt in the next

Joel was an idiot but i am sick of the NRL and there  reactionary attitude

In another issue, just read an article on fox re inglis and souths and the journalist still found a way of including the andrew johns and inglis issue and still had to resort to using black C*** in the story

All the bad s**t in this game is reported by the dickheads that own it. There has to be an agenda. No other company would be so harsh on another section of there firm ever. Its just not business
[/quote]

I should actually post that I am in no way defending what Joel has done it's a disgusting act.

But was interested in the legalities of the dismissal of a player. Another thing wouldn't it be a restriction of trade (another one if you count the salary cap) if Canberra rips up his contract and then tells the NRL not to register a contract with another club(not that another club in Australia would sign him at the moment)?

I've heard about giving a dog a bone but never giving a dog your own bone. See there's always someone who goes a bit too far.

Monaghan should be ashamed and apologetic.  Banned for life.  What he did is so damaging to Rugby League.  

What we really need is a bunch of Gallop clones playing the game.  That'd get the crowds in. That'd get the people talking about the game.  That'd bring these forums alive.

Canberra should be de registered as an NRL club as they clearly dont get the bromance that you should have with people you spend half a year with to play half a year and then do it all over again,for your fans,yourself and most importantly your team mates,Canberra has brought the sport into disrepute with the lack of trust between the players in the club that exists now,not Monaghan

Monaghans teammates should never play again if he doesnt in my opinion,they are the reason any of you know about it to look down your noses at him for a stupid alcohol fueled joke he tryed to play on a so called brother,his courage is more than you could possibly imagine to even admit it,if you did something really stupid,i mean EPIC stupid,would you while you were standing in the public eye admit responsibility?? Be honest,i cant say that i would

I think Robertsons act was a bit strange myself,i dont know about you but ive never stood there and swung my wang around,let alone infront of a camera,does the addition of mans best friend make it THAT much worse?,with Joel you cant even see if his member is out,with Robbo on the other hand during an interview with full intentions of going public its on parade,dont get me wrong i love Robbo but isnt full frontal nudety that would be broadcast across the nation more offensive than an act simulated for a team"mate"?

Personally im more offended by his so called mate than him and i would love to know exactly who it was for this whole thing being public,his the worst kind of dog,your teammates are supposed to be your brothers and making something like that public,its inexcuseable and everyone close to whoever it was should not trust him with a five cent peice,i hope he spontaniously combusts and people piss everywhere but the burning bits

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8