2pt field goal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let me see..
6 agains so a team can hold the ball for upto 18 tackles while working their way up field (happened all year long)

Not allowed to shoulder charge

Now field goals are more than 1 point...

Are we sure they aren't trying to slowly change rugby league into rugby union???
Sure bloody feels like they are...

I'll always keep an eye on the Sea Eagles I can't help it its in my DNA, but I'm being pushed further and further away from rugby league each year.
The game is corrupt and the last 10 years have been the worst for mine over the 45 years I've been a supporter.

A Domestic Hybrid series kind of makes sense ATM given current financial climate, both sports struggling financially, with grass roots numbers, difficulty with International competition, subsequent impact on tv rights.

Not suggesting a merger any time soon, just rules closer together during the regular season, would more easily allow for a domestic hybrid rules game end of season.

Would be a great spectacular.

I'll always keep an eye on the Sea Eagles I can't help it its in my DNA, but I'm being pushed further and further away from rugby league each year.
The game is corrupt and the last 10 years have been the worst for mine over the 45 years I've been a supporter.
I agree with you 100% Briza

Why have a rule to encourage something that is actively discouraged by another rule? NRL???? If you miss a field goal you face a 7 tackle set. Get rid of the 7 tackle set rule.

And Manly should buy a Sth African RU drop kicking winger. There's heaps of them who can kick drop goals from 50m out.

I think the NRL want to be AFL with offside rules.

Rugby League has always been an attractive game to watch, but somehow the hierarchy is not content with just been attractive, and in the pursuit of trying to make it more attractive, possibly a push by the TV networks, the game is being compromised.
It's like trying to make a beautiful woman more beautiful, when it's not necessary, it can backfire.

Rugby League has always been an attractive game to watch, but somehow the hierarchy is not content with just been attractive, and in the pursuit of trying to make it more attractive, possibly a push by the TV networks, the game is being compromised.
It's like trying to make a beautiful woman more beautiful, when it's not necessary, it can backfire.
Ahh yes like those injections they get to have Angelina Jolie's lips, when in reality it just looks like someone punched em in the mouth.

Ahh yes like those injections they get to have Angelina Jolie's lips, when in reality it just looks like someone punched em in the mouth.
Don’t know what the deal with big lips is, other than .......( don’t go there Mark)..... but in a looks sense it just looks unnatural to me!!

lips-duck.gif

I don't think its a big issue. It will only ever be used in the dying stages. If you miss you possibly give away an7 tackle set. Will rarely happen and will rarely be tried, it will be like the new 20m/ 40m rule was there even 1 of these attempted last year?

If the intention is to speed the game up even more [ and that must soon have its limits ] probably have to look at the interchange arrangements . Can 't really see much merit in the field goal differential , seems to contradict the aim to promote more open attacking footy . Play the ball change over instead of a scrum and slowing the play down is going to have some effect and maybe result in a bit more unpredictability . Too much tinkering for doubtful benefit is hardly ideal and hope that this is at least a consideration with the rules committee .

The ONLY way I see a team risking giving away a 7 tackle set and all the momentum for a long range FG attempt, is a side down by 2 in the last 3 minutes to level it up....besides that, the old 1 pointer from close range will still be the main go to FG.

I'm not sure these rule changes would be driven by TV.
The new rules reduce stoppages yet we are told that the value TV rights is less for NRL than AFL due to the reduced number of stoppages in league.
By that logic the new rules will further reduce the value of NRL TV rights.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8