2019 Memberships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think you are right.

I will renew.

I don't see it as an act of support for anything other than the Manly Sea Eagles team.
No one is bigger than our club . I love my club and I will always renew as long as I live
Well done feathered friend . I love your great attitude and passion for our club !!!
bald-eagle-cartoon-drawing-36.jpg
bald-eagle-cartoon-drawing-36.jpg

OK, this is just my opinion.

Asking people to renew their memberships in the current set-up/climate is a waste of time. Those numbers (and this is conditional on the current level of financial investment on and off the field) mean jack sh*t. Whether we have 5,000 or 15,000 we are still struggling in the same small box mentality.

The club taps into and promotes (albeit, perhaps not very well), and us fans perpetuate, certain emotional hooks. We are all sold on beliefs around "loyalty", "stronger together", "a true supporter", "siege mentality", etc. They are just beliefs that keep us circling around in a small world view, and they alone are not going to see us elevated back to power house status.

Professional sport has grown and moved on from what it used to be. However, we are still mired in the past, especially in terms of how the club is administered and run off the field. We are falling behind. Despite the glorious recent decade we were very fortunate to experience, I think realistically, we will never see that again (not without a significant shift in how the club is administered and the mind set of the fans). The truth is, we need major capital investment, and a much larger vision and mind set. This is the only way we are going to survive into the future.

Now, there is nothing wrong with those beliefs I mentioned above. In the right context they can be very empowering and help maintain a connection to our past and grow our brand strong. But, without the necessary capital investment to bring the staff and facilities up to a high professional level, they are wasted. Instead of moaning about the advantages power house teams like the Donkeys, Drizzle and Roosters enjoy, we should be looking to them to learn and build ourselves. Yes, there are certain key differences, but we need to start being bold, dream big and think outside the box.

I don't intend on giving my money to such a sub-standard poorly ran organisation (as it currently is), as much as I love this club and have invested decades of my life into it. Until I see concrete plans and action to really build this club into a truly competitive and professional one, I don't intend on throwing money down the drain. For those of you who are happy to stand by with that siege mentality and struggle in the current crippling context, your choice. It can be a rewarding when we have those moments of lifting above the perceived limits and achieve something of note. However, I believe there is more pain and struggle coming our way, without significant change.

As I said, these are just my thoughts/opinions. I respect supporters will have their own ideas and insights different to mine, and we all share a connection to this complex concept we call Manly. If I'm wrong and this club is able to resurrect itself to competitive glory days again without any significant change in strategy or thinking then I will happily eat humble pie and enjoy the ride.

Penn will pay up or sell out

These ****ing filth ridden ****s said us fans don't pay the bills

The fat ****s can pay full freight if our voices are ignored because to them we mean ****ing nothing

**** paying my hard earned to be disrespected in such a foul manner

No ticky no laundry

Penn will pay up or sell out

These ****ing filth ridden ****s said us fans don't pay the bills

The fat ****s can pay full freight if our voices are ignored because to them we mean ****ing nothing

**** paying my hard earned to be disrespected in such a foul manner

No ticky no laundry
Can’t disagree with any of that either!!

OK, this is just my opinion.

Asking people to renew their memberships in the current set-up/climate is a waste of time. Those numbers (and this is conditional on the current level of financial investment on and off the field) mean jack sh*t. Whether we have 5,000 or 15,000 we are still struggling in the same small box mentality.

The club taps into and promotes (albeit, perhaps not very well), and us fans perpetuate, certain emotional hooks. We are all sold on beliefs around "loyalty", "stronger together", "a true supporter", "siege mentality", etc. They are just beliefs that keep us circling around in a small world view, and they alone are not going to see us elevated back to power house status.

Professional sport has grown and moved on from what it used to be. However, we are still mired in the past, especially in terms of how the club is administered and run off the field. We are falling behind. Despite the glorious recent decade we were very fortunate to experience, I think realistically, we will never see that again (not without a significant shift in how the club is administered and the mind set of the fans). The truth is, we need major capital investment, and a much larger vision and mind set. This is the only way we are going to survive into the future.

Now, there is nothing wrong with those beliefs I mentioned above. In the right context they can be very empowering and help maintain a connection to our past and grow our brand strong. But, without the necessary capital investment to bring the staff and facilities up to a high professional level, they are wasted. Instead of moaning about the advantages power house teams like the Donkeys, Drizzle and Roosters enjoy, we should be looking to them to learn and build ourselves. Yes, there are certain key differences, but we need to start being bold, dream big and think outside the box.

I don't intend on giving my money to such a sub-standard poorly ran organisation (as it currently is), as much as I love this club and have invested decades of my life into it. Until I see concrete plans and action to really build this club into a truly competitive and professional one, I don't intend on throwing money down the drain. For those of you who are happy to stand by with that siege mentality and struggle in the current crippling context, your choice. It can be a rewarding when we have those moments of lifting above the perceived limits and achieve something of note. However, I believe there is more pain and struggle coming our way, without significant change.

As I said, these are just my thoughts/opinions. I respect supporters will have their own ideas and insights different to mine, and we all share a connection to this complex concept we call Manly. If I'm wrong and this club is able to resurrect itself to competitive glory days again without any significant change in strategy or thinking then I will happily eat humble pie and enjoy the ride.
Great post. I think about this situation a lot actually. I agree we need to combine the history with a new direction. Somehow expand the fanbase, locally, Australia-wide, globally? I'm not a business person and don't know the answers but there could be a great market for the Sea Eagles to tap into and we might have to compromise to make things work. The Sea Eagle is a majestic animal. The club's colours and logo are great. A successful history of #8 Premierships. Maybe some smart Sea Eagles fans on this site need to have a think tank and come up with ideas to sell the Sea Eagles brand because the as we all know the NRL is now a product.
Go Manly!

Right at this moment, for the first time since 2007, I am not a member. That was not through a spit the dummy situation, it was down to personal circumstances and prioritising where my money was going late last year

This summer I will be back to renewing my membership, for me it is an extreme lack of ticker if people won't renew simply because we have had a poor season

Go back 12 months, same owner, same coach, close to the same squad, and we were flying, on the way to the finals, and everyone wanted Barrett extended and were happy with the direction the club was going. A few poor months can certainly make people forget things like that very quickly

Not sure what ticker has to do with Protesting with non-membership at the direction of this club.

Ownership is poor
Officialdom is poor
Coaching Staff are poor
Overall the team is poor

All this club has going for it at the moment is 4 good players. one of which wants to leave.

Not sure what ticker has to do with Protesting with non-membership at the direction of this club.

Ownership is poor
Officialdom is poor
Coaching Staff are poor
Overall the team is poor

All this club has going for it at the moment is 4 good players. one of which wants to leave.

Supposedly!!

Right at this moment, for the first time since 2007, I am not a member. That was not through a spit the dummy situation, it was down to personal circumstances and prioritising where my money was going late last year

This summer I will be back to renewing my membership, for me it is an extreme lack of ticker if people won't renew simply because we have had a poor season

Go back 12 months, same owner, same coach, close to the same squad, and we were flying, on the way to the finals, and everyone wanted Barrett extended and were happy with the direction the club was going. A few poor months can certainly make people forget things like that very quickly
Kiwi for me a contributing factor for making this season even worse than it could possibly be is the fan behaviour. I understand different ways of venting but the talk of abandoning the club, the constant criticising of players' characters, booing the team, the constant bagging of everything to do with Manly is now coming from within our own fan base. Manly has enough adversity. It should not come from within.
I have had a few vents about our situation this year as well. It's a frustrating season. We're not used to this lack of success. I'm going to put myself out here and wait for the negativity - bring it on, but our fanbase must seem like a total bunch of wusses to the NRL and the other clubs. Newcastle fans still turned up in droves to watch their team at the bottom of the ladder for years. They are now slowly beginning to rise. The slime haven't won for 30 add years or so, have 13 wooden spoons, are coming last and their fans are behaving and attending better than ours.
I'd love to see signs of improvement at all club levels. On-field and the management. Communication from the club would certainly help at this time. But we complain that our players and our defence needs to harden up but so do our fans.

Kiwi for me a contributing factor for making this season even worse than it could possibly be is the fan behaviour. I understand different ways of venting but the talk of abandoning the club, the constant criticising of players' characters, booing the team, the constant bagging of everything to do with Manly is now coming from within our own fan base. Manly has enough adversity. It should not come from within.
I have had a few vents about our situation this year as well. It's a frustrating season. We're not used to this lack of success. I'm going to put myself out here and wait for the negativity - bring it on, but our fanbase must seem like a total bunch of wusses to the NRL and the other clubs. Newcastle fans still turned up in droves to watch their team at the bottom of the ladder for years. They are now slowly beginning to rise. The slime haven't won for 30 add years or so, have 13 wooden spoons, are coming last and their fans are behaving and attending better than ours.
I'd love to see signs of improvement at all club levels. On-field and the management. Communication from the club would certainly help at this time. But we complain that our players and our defence needs to harden up but so do our fans.

TBH that's why I don't spend as much time on here anymore. Simply for me these days Rugby League isn't life or death, it's just a game, and even though the results haven't been coming, the games are more enjoyable when you haven't been wading through all the repetitive doom and gloom

... Pops ... you make me want to start breeding again .... just so I can send them to you to be educated ....

Ownership is poor
Officialdom is poor
Coaching Staff are poor
Overall the team is poor

The top 3 points you've raised there, can be argued as opinion and perception rather than factual

As I stated earlier, under the same ownership, officialdom and coaching stuff last year, most would agree we had a successful year making the finals with the squad we had and things were heading in the right direction, and people weren't threatening to pull memberships etc

There are certainly things to be fixed, and number one we need is playing depth in the squad, once injuries hit we are very thin, which is what is separting us from a lot of clubs. A bit of luck with injuries and things can be markedly different, Dylan Walker is a good example of that, when he is on the park, we look like a better team immediately, and without going back to check, his last 4 games would have been wins v Brisbane, Storm and Penrith, and a tight loss v Penrith that we should have taken

Love your work Nicci, much like my “ wouldn’t like to be in the trenches with some of you” comment the other day.

I understand the venting, the dissapointment but fair dinkum some of the comments on here ( made without any real knowledge of what’s actually going on) are as weak as piss.

I’ve been here for years, post frequently BUT I’m having a real think about my time on here as there’s much more to life than football, and after all it’s a game.

Yes it’s a passion, but life in general is full of ups and downs and just banging on and banging on in a negative way achieves this much in your life,

SWEET **** ALL!!!!

Can you imagine this place if we don’t win another game, win a wooden spoon and the supposed moving on of the coaches doesn’t take place??

I’m not sure I need that in my life, as much as I feel this place IS a part of my life.

So many of the original members ( not that I was here from the very start but close to it) don’t post any longer, and it’s not hard to see why.

It’s why I sarcastically suggested last week that every thread be titled the “ sack everyone” thread.

Look, I’ve been guilty of negative posts as well, this week I stayed off the forum straight after the game and for all of Sunday only returning on Monday.

I feel better for doing that.

I’m beginning to wonder if I gave it a complete miss would I feel better all the time!

The top 3 points you've raised there, can be argued as opinion and perception rather than factual

As I stated earlier, under the same ownership, officialdom and coaching stuff last year, most would agree we had a successful year making the finals with the squad we had and things were heading in the right direction, and people weren't threatening to pull memberships etc

There are certainly things to be fixed, and number one we need is playing depth in the squad, once injuries hit we are very thin, which is what is separting us from a lot of clubs. A bit of luck with injuries and things can be markedly different, Dylan Walker is a good example of that, when he is on the park, we look like a better team immediately, and without going back to check, his last 4 games would have been wins v Brisbane, Storm and Penrith, and a tight loss v Penrith that we should have taken

Opinion as opposed to Factual? Here's some facts

Our total income from Sponsorship/Membership has to be suffering because of what goes on at this club.

Our depth will always be weak because we can't attract any players because of what goes on at this club.

Serious questions have to be asked when it comes to injuries at this club. We are not fit and you could argue that contributes to injury and the lack of staff contributes to poor injury management.

With all of this going on the owners are nowhere to be seen and the CEO is "on holidays"

To the old brigade that started this "No one likes us we don't care" bull****. Some of us do care. A lot. Someone needs to because that mentality will only dig a deeper hole. It will be easy for them to shut us down or re-locate us.

No one outside of this club gives a ****. And to me it looks like no one on the inside gives a **** either.

our depth may be suffering from the simple fact ... that this is the 3rd year in a row that we have operated at between $1 5mil to $1mil below the salary cap ..... due to a range of various factors that I blame Barnaby Joyce for ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8