2017 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like the Kiwis squad in the end, pack especially although I still would have made a few changes.

Taumololo refused to pick up or return numerous calls from the coach and selectors, extremely weak from him

Fifita another strange one, guess he and Mal don't see eye to eye still ?

Find both of their decisions poor, where was their passion for Tonga mid year ? Or did they both want to just take the bigger pay cheque for that match, and in doing so took the places of 2 guys who would have wanted to be there

Taumololo coming out saying that he wants to continue switching between Tonga and NZ on a whim isn't showing respect to either jersey

With all the Kiwi defections the Tongans have a solid team:

Tonga squad: Andrew Fifita, Mahe Fonua, David Fusitu'a, Siliva Havilli, Ata Hingano, Will Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Michael Jennings, Solomone Kata, Sione Katoa, Samisoni Langi, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sika Manu, Manu Ma'u, Sam Moa, Ben Murdoch Masila, Joe Ofahengaue, Tevita Pangai jnr, Ukuma Ta'ai, Sio Siua Taukieaho, Jason Taumalolo, Peni Terepo, Daniel Tupou, Manu Vatuvei.

This is going to be a really interesting world cup. Hoping Tonga win it. Sure i'm australian so will go for Australia but they have just been too good, change is needed to keep international league alive

And i'd prefer that change be not due to the refs but rather a good side. Tonga have a really good side this year

I think it is healthy that players play for their homeland, or relative's homeland.
If it happened in rugby you'd find the All Blacks were not that strong and Pacific Island nations would have a great chance to be world beaters.

I think it is healthy that players play for their homeland, or relative's homeland.
If it happened in rugby you'd find the All Blacks were not that strong and Pacific Island nations would have a great chance to be world beaters.
Surely a kiwi team strong is better than a heap of mid tier teams. We need the Aussies to be beaten more

With all the Kiwi defections the Tongans have a solid team:

Tonga squad: Andrew Fifita, Mahe Fonua, David Fusitu'a, Siliva Havilli, Ata Hingano, Will Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Michael Jennings, Solomone Kata, Sione Katoa, Samisoni Langi, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sika Manu, Manu Ma'u, Sam Moa, Ben Murdoch Masila, Joe Ofahengaue, Tevita Pangai jnr, Ukuma Ta'ai, Sio Siua Taukieaho, Jason Taumalolo, Peni Terepo, Daniel Tupou, Manu Vatuvei.
If tonga have a good coach they could win this.

Kapow and AFB in the NZ side. No surprises there, both talented guys and good luck to them. :)
IMG_20171005_183008.jpg

Check out AFB's Eagle tattoo on his right thigh- wow :rock:

Last edited:
Like the Kiwis squad in the end, pack especially although I still would have made a few changes.

Taumololo refused to pick up or return numerous calls from the coach and selectors, extremely weak from him

Fifita another strange one, guess he and Mal don't see eye to eye still ?

Find both of their decisions poor, where was their passion for Tonga mid year ? Or did they both want to just take the bigger pay cheque for that match, and in doing so took the places of 2 guys who would have wanted to be there

Taumololo coming out saying that he wants to continue switching between Tonga and NZ on a whim isn't showing respect to either jersey

Then they shouldnt let them do that, it isnt right. Australian and Kiwi coaches should say, it doesnt work that way. Its either one or the other

Samoa squad

Frank Pritchard (captain)
Bunty Afoa
Leeson Ah Mau
Faámanu Brown
Herman Ese’ese
Pita Godinet
Tim Lafai
Joey Leilua
Ricky Leutele
Sam Lisone
Jarome Luai **
Suaia Matagi
Peter Mata’utia
Ken Maumalo
Zane Musgrave **
Josh Papalii **
Joseph Paulo
Junior Paulo
Ben Roberts
Sam Tagataese
Jazz Tevaga **
Young Tonumaipea
Frank Winterstein
Matthew Wright

Last edited:
A young Sea Eagles winger who scored a spectacular try in last Sunday’s under-20s grand final win over Parramatta has suddenly found himself in the mix to play in the rugby league World Cup.

Bilal Maarbani has been called into the Lebanon train-on squad coached by Brad Fittler along with NRL stars Robbie Farah, Tim Mannah and Mitchell Moses.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k/news-story/5df4bf171748cf46619bbd09e0cff7e6

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8