2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: 2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

Ralphie said:
lsz said:
Just an op

I think gift and choc were stronger and more consistent.

I don't think you could honestly say that about Gifty. In the last couple of seasons he was injured more than he wasn't. That is not stronger and more consistent no matter how you try to justify it.

He mentioned he was consistent, but didn't mention what he was consistent for...

StuBoot said:
lsz said:
I will give you this year but, apart from one year, he has been averaging over 20 games a year

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/glenn-stewart/summary.html

45 games in the past three years out of 79.
Whats that? Approx 55% of games played.

Yep, he's a great player but when it comes to $$ and % of salary cap it wasn't a harsh decision. We've got to play Moneyball better than most and if it comes down that then so be it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep them all ( how long before I remove Choc from my screensaver? ) but tough decisions have to be made by guys whose careers and the success and future of the club are dependent on.

ps - In the Moneyball ( ie Supecoach stakes ), Mateo has been pretty useful.

Haha, never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Those damned statistics...

just adding to bone's rose signing which has seemed to slip under the silvertails radar...

The Dragons were considered a bit skinny up front in 2014, so the signing popular of big man George Rose as well as a bloke nicknamed 'The Butcher' is a fair way to beef up a forward pack.

Rose links with Paul McGregor's squad after an underwhelming stint with Melbourne, and will be joined by dreadlocked man-mountain Rulon Nutira from the Gundagai Tigers, with both forwards signing on one-year deals for 2015

edit: nrl.com

Didn't Beau Henry start there ?? He's been around the world in his short career.

Chip and Chase said:
Didn't Beau Henry start there ?? He's been around the world in his short career.

i could be wrong but i think he left the goons for the knighties because longneck bennet didnt have a spot in f.g. for him.
bennet then signed with n'cle & he left to go to the tits, until now.

Wayne Bennett has continued his cleanout at the Brisbane Broncos with front-rowers Martin Kennedy and David Hala released from their existing contracts.
The Broncos announced on Wednesday that Kennedy, who arrived at Red Hill 12 months ago as a big-money recruit, and bench weapon Hala were permitted to seek out new deals with rival clubs.
Failing to deliver this season, Kennedy is reportedly eyeing a return to the Sydney Roosters, and is also in English Super League sights, while the Gold Coast Titans are interested in signing Hala.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/bennetts-bronco-nrl-cleanout-continues-20141029-11ds7x.html#ixzz3HYHV0GRb

Seems Roosters still have plenty of room available in their cap

The Wheel said:
Seems Roosters still have plenty of room available in their cap

Obviously SBW was on $25mil Wheel. That's why the Roosters can keep on recruiting, as him leaving freed up so much cap space. :dodgy:

Whats-the-matta announced 5 new signings.

Whatmough, Reece Robinson, Brad Takarangi, Danny Wicks and Richie Fa'oso.

They are on a recruitment drive. Robinson is an interesting buy, I imagine he is being brought in to replace hayne.

http://www.nrl.com/watmough-among-five-new-faces-at-eels/tabid/10874/newsid/82794/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Hero

Have a lot of time for Reece Robinson.

We're covered for the back 3, but he's only about 27 and real good gain for Parra.

We've got a good group of forwards now, but would love to have tempted David Hala over.

Bennet's announcement (offloading him) was about 2 or 3 days too late for us.

I know he's injury-prone & Titans are close 2 home for him and have heaps more cap $$$$ to throw @ him, but still, would've been a big plus . . . maybe pushing Tetevano out of the 17.

still . . . we've got a fair squad for 2015.

Push it up Manly.

cheers

Mose's still under contract with his uk club for 2015.

Ralphie said:
Bandit said:

He's been released due to home sickness.

He is staying in the UK according to RLW

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mose-masoe-staying-st-helens/

tookey said:
Ralphie said:
Bandit said:

He's been released due to home sickness.

He is staying in the UK according to RLW

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mose-masoe-staying-st-helens/
Maybe they meant he is sick of his home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11