2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Browne re-signed with the dogs recently. He come to us from souths and originally from Raymond Terrace

Dosent look like Mitchell Dodds was re-signed by the ponys. He fits the manly mould, still only in his mid 20's, 105 kilo, with a q cup premiership or 2 and nrl games under his belt. Be interesting to see what magic that Dave Warwick pulls out of his hat.

WESTS Tigers recruit Yileen Gordon was sacked on Tuesday night for scrawling an offensive message during a school visit earlier in the day. :mad:

GEOFF Toovey is set to be the next NRL coach to secure his future.

Manly are expected to confirm a new deal as soon as next week, keeping Toovey at Brookvale until the end of the 2016 season as they aim to go one step better than last year's grand final appearance.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/tsea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-set-to-resign-with-manly-as-soon-as-next-week/story-fndv31ch-1226818747553

Does anyone know what the moron wrote?
Im itching to find out. I could guess what an intelligence challenged footballer would write.

If you dont wanna post it, i'll take a PM

With the name Santana Mr Palmer is already music to my ears. Who's seen this lad playing for Belrose. Any thoughts on how he'll go playing NSW Cup?

PRIME TARGET

MANLY have enjoyed a little-known advantage in their bid to prise Aaron Woods from Wests Tigers: the prop was raised as a fanatical Sea Eagles fan. Woods also owns a property on the northern beaches, making him a prime target to replenish Manly's front-row stocks after the departure of so many experienced bookends last year.

Wests are painfully aware of the affection Woods has for Manly, and have made his retention priority No. 1 before the season kicks off. Tigers CEO Grant Mayer met with Woods' agent this week and is very confident of finalising an extension soon.

Our mail also suggests Woods will stay put, with Manly hard-pressed to raise the $600,000-a-season asking price because of their tight salary cap situation.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-dave-smith-could-learn-a-few-thing-from-the-way-nfl-does-business/story-fni3fbgz-1226820078435

He will accept less if he really wants to play for Manly. More likely he is just trying to up his contract price with the tigers.

TWO DOGS said:
No way is Aaron Woods worth $600k a season to Manly. The way we are recruiting young forwards is a much better option.

Agreed. That's twice as much as I'd consider paying. All I can envisage in our salary 'kitty' is $130,000, so where would the rest of the money come from? Only if all our rookie props fail to meet the grade would I consider Woods. We should know that by mid-season, and perhaps we could then negotiate some sort of transfer deal should Woods be unhappy with the Tigers.
There are too many iffs, buts and maybes to make this a viable scenario at the moment.

The Who said:
TWO DOGS said:
No way is Aaron Woods worth $600k a season to Manly. The way we are recruiting young forwards is a much better option.

Agreed. That's twice as much as I'd consider paying. All I can envisage in our salary 'kitty' is $130,000, so where would the rest of the money come from? Only if all our rookie props fail to meet the grade would I consider Woods. We should know that by mid-season, and perhaps we could then negotiate some sort of transfer deal should Woods be unhappy with the Tigers.
There are too many iffs, buts and maybes to make this a viable scenario at the moment.
The answer to this is simply, Gifty.

FIRSTLY LET ME SAY I'M NOT ADVOCATING THIS, but our recruitment team may think it better to let a 30 year old Gifty go because we have solid stocks of backrowers and to then put that money plus Richies into a 23 year old SOO standard prop.

The NRL is currently looking at clubs being able to pay 10 year players with one club outside the salary cap next year.

if this occurs we can sign Woods and some others as well as keeping Gifty, etc.

Also King won't play past this year so there is probably $450k pa with the usual backended salaries to go towards Woods.

tookey said:
The NRL is currently looking at clubs being able to pay 10 year players with one club outside the salary cap next year.

if this occurs we can sign Woods and some others as well as keeping Gifty, etc.

Also King won't play past this year so there is probably $450k pa with the usual backended salaries to go towards Woods.

I thought the NRL announced they were considering players with 8 consecutive years of service to the club and therein a $200,000 cap discount per player that qualifies.

But, how will they define consecutive years of service to the club? Will NYC be included? I doubt it. It will more likely be how many years the player has been listed in the Top 25.

If it does happen, we'll have 8 players that qualify but I'm not sure the club (unless we have a major benefactor) could afford to boost the budget by $1.6 mill a year. It could definitely allow for the signing of Woods and keeping Gifty and... rest assured DCE's manager would be on the phone pretty quickly, given the room we'd have to move under the salary cap.

It would be interesting to do an analysis of each club to see how many players each has with 8 or more years in the Top 25 after the end of the year. For example, the Roosters would only have 3 and that includes Mini who will probably retire this year and Souths only 3 as well, while the bulldogs... just one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8