2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Ricky thorby dosent currently have a contract with the cowboys. If the eagles actually do want a Richie replacement ie a more mature, experienced prop he ticks a few boxes.

tookey said:
The mole is reporting that Woods is close to re-signing with the tigers and won't be coming to Manly.

Not that unhappy TBH

If he wants 600k a season then don't want him, Tigers can have him. We have plenty of props waiting for a chance or they will go. I say bring on our young fellas, they will shine don't you worry.

Actually I do stand corrected. Thanx Serg. Thorby playing in a trial game this week is not fighting for a contract this year but for next. Gees talk about over selling the drama. He's got an entire year to stake his claims.

Townsville Eagle said:
tookey said:
The mole is reporting that Woods is close to re-signing with the tigers and won't be coming to Manly.

Not that unhappy TBH

If he wants 600k a season then don't want him, Tigers can have him. We have plenty of props waiting for a chance or they will go. I say bring on our young fellas, they will shine don't you worry.

I reckon $600K is what the Tigers would have to pay to just have a chance at keeping him given their performance and chance of winning a premiership. A player in the position Woods is in, with the hunger to earn a premiership with a team like Manly, the team he grew up supporting, should come at a cheaper price than what the Tigers offer to keep him. Look at what our guys have done to stay at the club, they love the club, the culture and opportunity to play in the same team as each other. Proving himself at Manly and blokes retiring, naturally sees an increase in his salary from there.

I too hope the young blokes really fire, but if we cop a couple of injuries in the engine room, we're in some real trouble. We've lost over 800 games of NRL front row experience since last years grand final, so I'd love to see Woods clearing the way for DCE and Foran next year with our other forwards on the way to another premiership.

Representative forward Aaron Woods has re-signed with the Wests Tigers in a deal that will keep him at the club until at least the end of 2017. The Tigers announced the retention of Woods, initially contracted until the end of this year, in a three-year deal on Monday with an option for a further year. The NSW State of Origin forward's long-term commitment to the joint venture is a show of faith in the club's new board and coach Mick Potter after a disastrous 2013.

Woods had been linked to a big money move to Manly but said he was always keen to stay with the Tigers

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8796916

Normie said:
Representative forward Aaron Woods has re-signed with the Wests Tigers in a deal that will keep him at the club until at least the end of 2017. The Tigers announced the retention of Woods, initially contracted until the end of this year, in a three-year deal on Monday with an option for a further year. The NSW State of Origin forward's long-term commitment to the joint venture is a show of faith in the club's new board and coach Mick Potter after a disastrous 2013.

Woods had been linked to a big money move to Manly but said he was always keen to stay with the Tigers

yeah again,he just used us to up his asking price,its the going trend these days,couldnt have loved Manly that much

master blaster said:
Normie said:

yeah again,he just used us to up his asking price,its the going trend these days,couldnt have loved Manly that much

This is no loss for us as we never would have paid the money he was no doubt asking for, he was just not that good. We have much better talent under our noses and the sooner we realise this the sooner we will all be happier. I really believe we have some really good youngsters who will step up. Mark my words, we have talent galore.

I don't mind what he does (as I'm reasonably sure he doesn't care what I do)

Yet with the following quote, I don't see where he was some mad keen local manly footballer?

...Woods had been linked to a big money move to Manly (rubbish) but said he was always keen to stay with the Tigers.

"I grew up in the area and as a local junior I was always keen to stay, so it's good to get the deal done. I'm excited about staying," Woods told reporters at training.

I've read those same mealy-mouth quotes in every story about a re-signing.
There must be a standard media release where clubs just insert the player's name.
I find them cringe-worthly predictable.

Gifty weighing up a big offer from the raiders.. Looks like he could be going.. They are trying to get Brett aswell

He could not be worth more than 250 k these days surely. If he is asking for more he is probably way off the mark. Good luck to him whatever happens but I would hate to lose Brett.

joeboy said:
Gifty weighing up a big offer from the raiders.. Looks like he could be going.. They are trying to get Brett aswell

Damn. Worse clubs to go to I guess.

The Canberra winter would kill Brett's knees and I am sure gifty has a few aches as well these days that would be a nightmare in a cold winter.

Very true about the winter weather down here as the cold weather exacerbates injuries and ailments. Plays havoc with my stuffed ankles.......

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10