Zorbs this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well compiled post but still a bit concerning when the team was struggling last season and crying out for some injection of youth or new talent , that Des was so hesitant and stubborn for so long . Albert Hoppa the exception but certainly hope that the flexibility factor can kick in for Des a bit better this season .
For sure. Hopefully with Blacktown back in action it will make any such decisions a little easier for him.

Look in all honesty I don’t expect us to be top 4, we just don’t have the cattle without everyone remaining fit and healthy and you know that won’t happen.

But, if the injury gods are a little kinder it would be great seeing us at least fighting for a position in the 8.

If we achieve that it will have been a good year.
I'm more in line with @BOZO on this one. We have enough really good players to be aiming high and the standards of the club need to be maintained. Put it this way, I don't think Des would be aiming to just fight it out for a position in the bottom half of the eight. Like always, injuries will be critical.

I'm more in line with @BOZO on this one. We have enough really good players to be aiming high and the standards of the club need to be maintained. Put it this way, I don't think Des would be aiming to just fight it out for a position in the bottom half of the eight. Like always, injuries will be critical.
I love your passionate and positive thinking for our great club @Kevinward777

We have had great past disappoint but We do have great players and a Great coach that gives us hope for this season

As they say

OUR GREATEST GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FALLING
OUR GREATEST GLORY IS RISING AND SOARING HIGH LIKE GREAT SEA EAGLES EVERY TIME WE FALL !

Have a great day feathered friend and keep up your passionate positive posts and keep inspiring hope

For sure. Hopefully with Blacktown back in action it will make any such decisions a little easier for him.
That is the key. Having reggies running again. I know it was the same for everyone, but with that injury toll we clocked up, and the fact he would be throwing young blokes in with only training sessions under their belts....we were f**ked either way.
With Blacktown back on, and on paper some very good options, I think (hope) Des will mix it up if necessary.

Yes I can see that.

You may well be right.

I expect to lose on Saturday and it’ll be a bloodbath on here afterwards.

But I think we need a few games to bed in almost a new team so I won’t be wrist slitting after 80 minutes of footy.A
A loss is expected so I don't think it'll be a bloodbath yet unless it's a 40+pt hiding. Let's face it an away game vs the rorters isn't pencilled in as a win by even the top teams.

Just expressing an opinion, that's all. I'm sorry it's not the same as yours or what you think it should be.

I could pretend if you want ? Would that make you feel better ?
A sense of humour apparently isn’t one of your strong points.

He is sadly on the money so far!!
I can't stand the bloke but he is so on the money so far !!

Early days, have to see how we go with trbo back before condeming us to the pit of 13th-16th

Did he reflect on the role he played in getting the club to this point, reaching a stunning crescendo about six years ago?

Didn’t think so.

The worst signing Arthurson ever made.

Realistically the only clubs we have a chance of beating are the Donkeys, the 'Cows and the Dogs, but we don't meet any of them until round 10...
Oh dear!
Probably a good thing as it gives us time to get Tom back and Olakau’atu. That could be enough to get us over those three teams.

Probably a good thing as it gives us time to get Tom back and Olakau’atu. That could be enough to get us over those three teams.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it after Rnd 11 your reggies are allowed to come straight into NRL? If that’s the case, how many can we swap at once? It’s probably a moot point anyway, Des won’t do it. Stick with the usual suspects.

One fullback is not going to fix this team.
100%. But one good win will help. And trbo back is gonna boost their confidence.

Our problems began as injuries. Then it devolved into scrappy attack, then it devolved into fickle defence off kicks, then just straight up terrible all-round defence... The problem for us, as indicated by the domino-effect above, as to be a large part psychological.

You get trbo back, the backline is stronger not just in terms of selection but also the ball will spread better. Defence will improve, especially off kicks (and better kick returns). A better backline with improved defence will hopefully get us a win or two. And I feel that once we do that we will be able to drop the baggage of the last year and move in the right direction again.

The bulldogs are (at least currently) looking like trash on the field (like us), however, I think that is not so much a psychological problem as it is a lack of talent/halves.

We have the talent, albeit with a few pieces of deadwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6