Zorbas take

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
From http://sportal.com.au/league-opinion-display/no-fairytale-for-eels-94856

While Parramatta has its fair share of worries, I can tell you life ain't all peaches and cream at Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles are out of the eight after four losses in five games.

I don't think it is crisis time but we need to start winning from Saturday against the Sharks.

I'm not worried about making the eight but history shows teams need to finish in the top four to have a realistic chance of winning the title.

Manly forwards have absorbed some heavy criticism this week but have copped it on the chin and realise their only place to answer the claims they should be wearing skirts is on the field.

There have been a few distractions in recent weeks, with much speculation on the futures of Trent Hodkinson and Steve Matai.

While Hodko is off to the Dogs next year, I hope Stevie stays, but it remains very much touch and go.

I don't think money will be the final decider.

Hahaha. Awesome.

I think the best indication from Matai is that he wants to talk to Manly players on what he should do, whereas his manager is seeing how much commission he can make by getting Matai a higher dollar contract.

Should do what Ben Te'o did who signed a 1 year deal with Broncos, fired his manager who got his 1 year commission, then he negotiated his own contract after that.

Flip link said:
From http://sportal.com.au/league-opinion-display/no-fairytale-for-eels-94856

While Parramatta has its fair share of worries, I can tell you life ain't all peaches and cream at Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles are out of the eight after four losses in five games.

I don't think it is crisis time but we need to start winning from Saturday against the Sharks.

I'm not worried about making the eight but history shows teams need to finish in the top four to have a realistic chance of winning the title.

Manly forwards have absorbed some heavy criticism this week but have copped it on the chin and realise their only place to answer the claims they should be wearing skirts is on the field.

There have been a few distractions in recent weeks, with much speculation on the futures of Trent Hodkinson and Steve Matai.

While Hodko is off to the Dogs next year, I hope Stevie stays, but it remains very much touch and go.

I don't think money will be the final decider.

Money isnt the issue - its making the offer first

So let me get this right.  Zorba is posting this sort of thing to sportal, but to the best of my knowledge it's not going out to Manly fans (unless of course it's going out i the emails some of us paid up members don't seem to receive).  Bizarre. 

Secondly, he's basically saying the club thinks Matai will stay put for less, and have offered him that accordingly.  High stakes game.

Mata, to be fair,
a) Zorba's sportal column is separate to his MWSE employment scope.
b) I'm not sure that it's his role to write pieces for members.

However, I agree it's crazy that we have a 'journalist' in the house, who could be better utilised at at time fans are suggesting there is a lack of forthcoming communication,  yet you'll only ever hear from him if you tune into his weekend show.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6