Zorba: Killer Ready To Maul Some Tigers On Monday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
SEA Eagles skipper Jamie Lyon wants to show the way for the senior playing group in Monday’s vital match against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

“We have to get back on track on Monday and it is up to the senior players — myself very much included- to set the platform for the rest of the side.

“I personally didn’t have the involvement I would have liked against the Bulldogs but that game is behind us now and we get the chance to make amends on Monday.

“We just have to be more controlled with ball in hand and get off to a much better start. I’m confident we can do that against the Tigers but it will be a very tough game at a ground where they are always a difficult side to beat,” Lyon said.

The Tigers game will start a series of Monday appearances for the Sea Eagles in the first two months of the premiership.

After Monday the side play Cronulla, Gold Coast and North Queensland in the NRL’s most hated time slot.

DES SHOWS HIS TRUE COLOURS

SEA Eagles legend and premiership winning coach Des Hasler was all class after his Bulldogs side were too good for Manly in the first round of the premiership at Brookvale Oval last Friday.

“Manly will take time to form combinations and it will come in time. I have no doubt they will be a top side come the second half of the season,” Hasler said.

Hasler remains a proud life member of the Sea Eagles and retains a close interest in the club he took to titles in 2008 and 2011.

ROTTEN LUCK FOR SNAKE

CHAMPION fullback Brett Stewart can’t believe his lousy luck lately but says it has to turn for the better.

After a great off season Stewart strained a hamstring in the trial against Ipswich at Pittwater Park

and as a result he has missed the first two rounds of the premiership.

Away from football Stewart was enjoying success as part owner of a successful trotting horse

Zee Dana which was a recent winner of a NSW Derby heat and rated a very promising young pacer.

Zee Dana had won more than $90,000 in prizemoney and had compiled a record of six wins, three seconds and a third from just 13 starts.

In an incredible twist of fate Zee Dana was killed by a snake bite while spelling in a paddock with eight other horses in country Victoria.

“I’m shattered — who would believe that could happen?” Stewart said.

Football Club

Only the recent additions are members of the MWSE life memberships ( although I hear that all have been asked to swap...... how true that is who knows).

Kite and 2v informed the FC AGM that they received a form to checkmark a box to 'transfer' their FC Life Memberships to MSE(note the Franchise does not contain Warringah in the Pty Ltd registered name)
Both declined.

Even those who chose to transfer it, can not actually action it, as the FC is the issuer, they are merely the recipents of an honourable membership bestowed by we Members of the MWDRLFC. They could return their badge and ask to be removed from the FC list I guess @:cool:

Corporations on the other hand do not have members.
So the phantom transfers are merely an entry in the MSE Franchise minutes.

Kitey is the proud Life Member of two entities - in one year @:D

Kite and 2v informed the FC AGM that they received a form to checkmark a box to 'transfer' their FC Life Memberships to MSE(note the Franchise does not contain Warringah in the Pty Ltd registered name)
Both declined.

Even those who chose to transfer it, can not actually action it, as the FC is the issuer, they are merely the recipents of an honourable membership bestowed by we Members of the MWDRLFC. They could return their badge and ask to be removed from the FC list I guess @:cool:

Corporations on the other hand do not have members.
So the phantom transfers are merely an entry in the MSE Franchise minutes.

Kitey is the proud Life Member of two entities - in one year @:D

Of ALL the the things surrounding these changes , this is absolute and utter bull****.

Very pleased that Kitey and 2V refused, be interesting to see if Bozo and ZtH ask to have their life memberships reversed, to me that's the honourable thing to do !!

PS: but bet they don't !!!!

Funny how Zooba mentions Hasler's life membership of an organisation that apparently is irrelevant these days.

A stunning gap in the Pennstein narrative.
Just a few month's back, his column had claimed that his job to make the FC defunct was accomplished, thus he could retire from the MSE Board :cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4