Zorba hooks into 9.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's all good 9 are bringing back the talking budgie ****ing Ray Hadley
HADLEY BACK FOR NRL CALL
CHANNEL 9 is set to resurrect 2GB broadcaster Ray Hadley as a TV commentator next season.
The move follows the network’s failed attempt to sign Fox Sports’ Dan Ginnane for its rugby league coverage, as we reported last week.
Hadley is contracted to call NRL on Nine until the end of 2020 yet he didn’t do a game last season, allegedly because of “other” commitments.

It's all good 9 are bringing back the talking budgie ****ing Ray Hadley
HADLEY BACK FOR NRL CALL
CHANNEL 9 is set to resurrect 2GB broadcaster Ray Hadley as a TV commentator next season.
The move follows the network’s failed attempt to sign Fox Sports’ Dan Ginnane for its rugby league coverage, as we reported last week.
Hadley is contracted to call NRL on Nine until the end of 2020 yet he didn’t do a game last season, allegedly because of “other” commitments.

Hadley is a hopeless radio talk back host, despite his apparent popularity, but I've always considered him a top RL caller and seems to know a bit about the game. So yeh its a reasonable move.

I don’t think he’s any good as a commentator.

I used to listen to him if I was out and he’d have his usual saying of “he must score!” And of course they never did. When I got home and watched the replay the player would be 20 metres out with 4 players around him :rolleyes:

He would never give an accurate account of the game.

Thank god I have foxtel so I don’t have to put up with him. Although Voss is a pain sometimes.

Wish I could just have Warren Smith and Greg Alexander. I’d be very happy then.

He is the worst tv nrl commentator. His style suits radio, it is godawful for tv
Perhaps you're right. I certainly wasn't intending to show excitement over the news. I find him a buffoon on talk back radio with patently obvious agendas. But as a radio RL caller I thought he was better than most, not that we have a great selection. I've watched quite a bit of English soccer and RL and their commentators leave ours for dead.

Yeah , Nah

Great radio caller but not for tv

It is like Chuck Berry trying to do pavarotti opera

9 really need to sort their mess out. Hadley is horrible to listen to when your trying to watch the footy. Biased opinions and lack of knowledge of the game in general are some of the main factors. Calling games like he is on the radio doesn’t help. Another major blunder by 9. It’s off to Fox I go .

someone else called it perfectly in the past, and that was he calls football as if he is calling a horse race.

Problem with a radio caller moving to TV is that they forget that we can see exactly what they see.

Instead of explaining the reasoning behind a tactical move, they spend all their time stating what we are all seeing and fill the air time redundantly.

Then there is the 'race caller' effect of yelling when they get excited - super irritating :mad:

I don’t think he’s any good as a commentator.

I used to listen to him if I was out and he’d have his usual saying of “he must score!” And of course they never did. When I got home and watched the replay the player would be 20 metres out with 4 players around him :rolleyes:

He would never give an accurate account of the game.

Thank god I have foxtel so I don’t have to put up with him. Although Voss is a pain sometimes.

Wish I could just have Warren Smith and Greg Alexander. I’d be very happy then.

I find Alexander to be the most biased anti Manly commentator there is.

He very rarely praises the other team for good defence or attack, it's always a bad play by Manly. He especially lays the boot into DCE whenever he can. Obviously an inferiority complex.

I've been having to listen to his crap for years onw and it's got to the point that whenever he begins to speak in the commentary that I'm watching, I literally have a Tourettes moment where I scream out at the top of my voice "$%#@ OFF ALEXANDER" before he can finish his insipid, biased drivel of a sentence.

His voice is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me (for those of you old enough to remember).

Is it just me or am I the only sensitive one on this website?

I find Alexander to be the most biased anti Manly commentator there is.

He very rarely praises the other team for good defence or attack, it's always a bad play by Manly. He especially lays the boot into DCE whenever he can. Obviously an inferiority complex.

I've been having to listen to his crap for years onw and it's got to the point that whenever he begins to speak in the commentary that I'm watching, I literally have a Tourettes moment where I scream out at the top of my voice "$%#@ OFF ALEXANDER" before he can finish his insipid, biased drivel of a sentence.

His voice is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me (for those of you old enough to remember).

Is it just me or am I the only sensitive one on this website?

Funny how people sees things so differently.

I find him to be the most favourable to Manly. He’s always complementing us and only gives us a roast if it’s deserved but haven’t heard much on that score anyway. He even tries to explain why it’s difficult for Manly fans to get over the bridge for away games. Brandy lives on the northern beaches and I feel like he has a bit of Manly in him now.

I breathe a sigh of relief when he’s in the commentary box for our games....please don’t give me Kimmorley, Gasnier, Hodges or Finch. They are unbearable.....

Funny how people sees things so differently.

I find him to be the most favourable to Manly. He’s always complementing us and only gives us a roast if it’s deserved but haven’t heard much on that score anyway. He even tries to explain why it’s difficult for Manly fans to get over the bridge for away games. Brandy lives on the northern beaches and I feel like he has a bit of Manly in him now.

I breathe a sigh of relief when he’s in the commentary box for our games....please don’t give me Kimmorley, Gasnier, Hodges or Finch. They are unbearable.....

Interesting.

I will take your comments on board and try to be a little more open minded on this one.

I may even watch the game with a notepad and tally the positive vs negative comments. I do like my stats and I'm a bit OCD in that respect.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4