Zorba calls out Bunker howler and nit picking ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
WTF ,what about the knees from Hughes , wait let me guess nothing to see there ,not his go ,accidental contact ,no damage done,FMD the corruption is breathtaking
Totally agree, seen the bunker intervene many times but this time they must have nodded off or been checking their multis.

What’s the bet it doesn’t rate a mention in Annesley’s Monday dribble fest.

How do you actually tackle Christian Welch without doing some form of a crusher ?? He backs into the defence every time and ducks his head and crouches, if you tackle him to wrap up the ball you bend his neck, if you go soft on him to avoid the neck he gives an offload.

We saw so much " Pure Storm " on the weekend.... find a rule and exploit it to your advantage. Watch how slow our play the balls were whenever we got a roll on.

No use whinging about it they've been doing it for almost 20 years. They'll keep doing it. Learn from it and mimic it.

My favourite one was when Melbourne player got up, stepped to the side, played the ball and there was no dummy half anywhere near the play the ball. Schuster who stood his ground at marker dived on the ball, then got penalised for not being square with the guy playing the ball who stepped off the mark...

My favourite one was when Melbourne player got up, stepped to the side, played the ball and there was no dummy half anywhere near the play the ball. Schuster who stood his ground at marker dived on the ball, then got penalised for not being square with the guy playing the ball who stepped off the mark...
@Karshy there are so many similar to this but what can you do?

It must be so hard for the players, some refs would rule play on.

Others let players push/crawl/step past the markers where others make the tackled player go back and play on "the mark".

Yesterday Ash Taylor lost the ball as the the tackle was being completed - either a penalty for a strip or a knock on but no "I called held", just pick it up and play it.

Our game, can't remember exactly when but Olam wasn't at second marker or back the ten, ref calls him out on it, we play the ball again and Olam's in the same place but just play on, wtf?

.Yesterday Ash Taylor lost the ball as the the tackle was being completed - either a penalty for a strip or a knock on but no "I called held", just pick it up and play it.
Must of been on the whistle for under 8’s on Saturday and forgot he was back in the NRL, the currently standard of refereeing in the NRL is about on par with our local under 8’s, which is inconsistent trash.

We really should stop looking at penalties with rose coloured glasses.

I have reviewed that penalty a few times
For one, J Hughes does not step to the side - he gets up and plays the ball.
Sipley is square and Schuster is standing next to him, not square.
Sipley moves back and Schuster flops on the ball while not square.

Penalty every day of the week.

And we say the linesman have their eyes painted on ;)

The answer is don't do anything abnormal and the referees leave you alone.
Don't push in the scrums.
Don't jump on the ball if there's no dummy half.
Don't charge down the ball.
Don't threaten the kicker who refuses to stand deep.
Don't swat the dummy half's arm while he's got the ball.
If at marker, don't ever do anything.
Don't contest a fullback trying to catch the ball.
When the opposition is coming off their own try line, don't sprint up and tackle them. Certainly don't tackle anyone with any real force.

In short, don't play rugby league. Just play passively. Be a team of witches hats. Then on the last tackle hope you can hold out the opposition's kick and get the ball back.

Well done NRL. Game ruined.

When the opposition is coming off their own try line, don't sprint up and tackle them. Certainly don't tackle anyone with any real force.

In short, don't play rugby league. Just play passively. Be a team of witches hats. Then on the last tackle hope you can hold out the opposition's kick and get the ball back.

This sums up what the game has become.It’s as if the rulers of the game want no contest for the ball,except for the stupid looking strip the ball rule where it starts with three players basically molesting the bloke with the ball then two fall off just as the one left finishes the deed

Oh yeah, and while I am irritated this morning - coincidentally I had too much cheese yesterday which has clogged me up - can 'we' stop calling it 'milking'? It's actually either cheating (when successful) or attempting cheating.
Or 'clogging' if we go down the too much cheese route

This sums up what the game has become.It’s as if the rulers of the game want no contest for the ball,except for the stupid looking strip the ball rule where it starts with three players basically molesting the bloke with the ball then two fall off just as the one left finishes the deed
I don’t mind the strip (especially when we pull one off) but I would prefer the strip only be allowed by first man in and only before any other tacklers join in, eliminating the drop off calls for the strip in a 2 or 3 man tackle.

I don’t mind the strip (especially when we pull one off) but I would prefer the strip only be allowed by first man in and only before any other tacklers join in, eliminating the drop off calls for the strip in a 2 or 3 man tackle.
No I don’t have a problem with a one on one strip but what it’s become now just looks stupid and in some instances,unfair

No I don’t have a problem with a one on one strip but what it’s become now just looks stupid and in some instances,unfair
I’m with you @Nordburg, one on one is fine.
The way it is now for starters it makes it harder for the ref to adjudicate on, why would they want that when they stuff up the most simple stuff?
It’s a cynical play designed to force the ball carrier to submit and/or not offload.

But when you get a penalty, you're allowed to take 3-5 steps off the mark when kicking for touch

so.....

even stevens...?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8