You've lost your minds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
May work but ...
FYI here is a link to an article I read that founded my current view/fears. These have been corroborated multiple times via other sources since.
I posted it here already in another thread, I think on Saturday or maybe Friday night.
This was after I attended the season opener at Bankwest Stadium on the Thursday night with 21 thousand others, and there wouldn't be too many looking forward to this year's NRL season more than I was. I've had my season ticket usual seats in Jane Try for a couple of months already. Anyway I'd be most interested to hear your thoughts on this article if you get time to check it out.
Interesting article SE8. Just can’t see how our current numbers given it’s been here for quite a while stack up against what he’s suggesting.Still 5 deaths. Anyway let’s hope he’s wrong because that ain’t good reading.

I have never seen such ridiculous panic in my 57 years on this earth.
Remember Y2K ??? That was the last one of these civilisation ending events....luckily that fizzled to nothing - it did allow a lot of IT company owners to retire early though.

Interesting article SE8. Just can’t see how our current numbers given it’s been here for quite a while stack up against what he’s suggesting.Still 5 deaths. Anyway let’s hope he’s wrong because that ain’t good reading.
Yep. After several days of constant corona stories, yesterday I tried to give myself an entire non-news day (but in the end it proved impossible, family and friends still sending me tales even though I was avoiding tv and internet, lol)
Hopefully the sickness and death outcomes are moderate rather than devastating but the economic consequences already look pretty devastating. We'll just have to see it all unfold I suppose, good luck to all of us and everyone!

We are going to miss Fainu big time as our attack without him is impotent and we will struggle to score tries
Sadly I concur with you, even last year Manase was the key to DCE and Turbo being effective. Levi was a sensible recruitment given the situation but it may take time for him to have some impact on our attack.

Sadly I concur with you, even last year Manase was the key to DCE and Turbo being effective. Levi was a sensible recruitment given the situation but it may take time for him to have some impact on our attack.
Walker was good today, and I like Levi starting. Nice crisp passing, but doesn't have the game to take it to the line, hold up a pass, get an off load etc like Faniu. Faniu was the key with combining with DCE and Tom around the ruck last year.

Levi is doing well, finally some crisp passing variety from the ruck---still limited but you already see more variety and quality in pass than Fainu and Api. Levi had a few nice runs around the ruck against Melb but was quiet in that regard against the Roosters.

The wider crisp passing variety of Levi will offer more time to the halves and lateral attacking opportunities---along with spreading the defensive line during go forward sets, in the past defences could compress around our ruck and a little wider because the passing variety was very limited from the ruck.

Playing against two of the better structured defensive outfits early on was always going to limit scoring opportunities, especially on a slippery heavy paddock at Brookie(Manly always play bad under such conditions especially when we don't play straight enough to start with)

Melb kept making errors but at least continued trying to play more straight at pace which is more high risk in such conditions----even the Roosters were playing more straight and dominating the yardage game for long periods----Manly really need to get on top of this.(it's been an issue for way too long and part of it is the go forward running style mix of players we have---it's not direct enough with high leg speed)

DCE has been average at best, either over complicates or doesn't just straighten up and take on the line, needs to play off the hip more----having straight inside runners at pace will take the pressure off DCE and help him play more simple and straight before mixing it up with wider variety.

Our go forward is lacking straightness and fast leg drive, too much hop skip step to the side and trying to offload---not landing face down generating fast play the balls so we can probe through the middle at pace off the back of it.

Walker is a class act, showed touches early on in the Melb game but it was all on display against the Roosters, will eventually offer some limited kicking at times as the season progresses, Tom and Levi need to also add kicking to their games to offer variety and take the focus off DCE a little.

Playing on faster dry tracks will have Manly racking up the points, so don't be disheartened with only one try so far----even if the go forward doesn't improve more points will flow but i really want to see more direct running during our sets.

Also more short hip passing between the forwards or short support runners to offer variety at the line beyond the Jake stock plays. A constant effort by players to push up in support on go forward sets to reduce gang tackling of the lead runner---you see Melb doing this really well, it is tiring for all but you can tell it is a focus that is rewarded when video is analyzed at Melb.

Last edited:
100% Levi was excellent in his second outing and he played longer minutes (which I think we need him too, I see Croker as a player to relieve with injuries, that said he made some great plays against Roosters)
Around the 55min mark is when Levi really starts to fatigue, but i like his effort plays and intensity so far.

While noone can doubt Walkz effort at #6 I just don’t think he’s playing style compliments Cherry in the halves. Imo our attack looks a lot potent with a #6 controlling the game and Cherry roaming both sides of the ruck brining both Siro and Thommo into the game. There’s no doubt Walkz is talented, put him back to centre. If he played the way he did last weekend at #3 I wouldn’t want to be the player lining up against him.
Go Manly

To any student of football .. one thing should be as obvious as dog's balls on a kitten ... Levi has another couple of gears to go up ....

I have never seen him (or any hooker) so quite and docile ..... I assure all of you, it is an act ... it is a throwback to the days when men used to earn their team mates respect and the right to mouth off at them .....

Levi is old school ... he will earn his stripes .... then he will start to impose himself ....

While noone can doubt Walkz effort at #6 I just don’t think he’s playing style compliments Cherry in the halves. Imo our attack looks a lot potent with a #6 controlling the game and Cherry roaming both sides of the ruck brining both Siro and Thommo into the game. There’s no doubt Walkz is talented, put him back to centre. If he played the way he did last weekend at #3 I wouldn’t want to be the player lining up against him.
Go Manly

I know he loves 5/8.... but geez he seems so suited to centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4