You've lost your minds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@SeaEagleRock8 .... most of what I am reading today is pointing towards the fatality rate being much less than first feared .... and those deaths are in the over 70's ... it appears the young are doing better than expected ....

The point is that it is a numbers game ... even if as I suspect ... the death rate will be around 1% .... If 10,000,000 Australians contract the virus ... that will result in 100,000 deaths .... Mainly to the elderly .....

So, for me it is all about limiting the spread ... and focusing all our energies and resources on where they are needed ... retirement villages ... and isolating the aged as best we can ..

May need to realise Melbourne have flown out the blocks the past decade, playing game 1 at the level most teams take 4-5 weeks to reach.
For 70% of the game Manly were as good , if not better than Storm.
The kicking game was poor and it was losing this area that created the attrition, that basically crippled the team by the 60th minute.
There was some vital tackles on Suli where I was expecting the break ....Olam suprised me and I think Suli with 2 tackles that could easily have given Manly the break through.
The attack was a little predictable relying on simply steamrolling the middle 3rd, till the walls collapsed forDCE/Turbo....but it didn't happen and I won't faint if Schuster gets a bench spot in coming weeks....to break down these rugged defensive sides, some unpredictability is huge...though do agree we were not THAT bad and Storm on that performance would have beaten ANY team based in game 1.
Agree totally there was no creativity and little attempt to use our backline - it was just all one out forward rucks. We played tough - our defence was fab but you can only defend for so long in the forwards after taking all 5 rucks up set after set the previous plays. Our forwards just had no gas in the last 15. Very poor game plan and certainly poor play by the halves. Remember Killer and the Prince running magic plays out wide for the Prince to slice through - we need plays set up for Tom to slice through. Lets have a bit of old fashioned three rucks - backs - spin it back on the 5 and kick on the 6th. A bit of controlled razzle dazzle is required not lets just see if we can steamroll everyone for 5 and kick on the 6th. Lets see some some sleight of hand - DCE can do that - Walker can as well although not as good. In a few weeks if there are a few weeks - Schuster's sleight of hand is what we will be admiring. Des is still the king - obviously but he had an off day with DCE and Walker.

Wrong thread sorry, but there is simply too much misinformation around to ignore comments like this.
The death rate from coronavirus is up to 30 times that of the flu. The death rate will partly depend on how each country takes steps to limit the spread. Countries where the spread is not very quickly restricted will have their hospital systems overwhelmed and be unable to treat all cases, so more will die. Unfortunately Australia despite the advantage of seeing what has happened in other countries has not responded well.

In addition there is no vaccine to prevent the spread of coronavirus so it spreads extremely quickly. No doubt you've heard how many countries it has spread to already.
Yes some of the symptoms resemble some flu symptoms, fever dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath. That is the end of the similarity.

You or I may already have it and not know because the mean incubation period is estimated at 5..1 days but can be over 2 weeks. 97.5% will develop symptoms within 11.5 days. Hence the 2 week self isolation period recommended if you've had contact with someone diagnosed.
The problem being that many, many people have the virus and are not yet diagnosed because they are not yet symptomatic.

Yes some people don't even get sick from the virus but most will get sick to some extent and as stated above many will die, especially older people and those with preexisting medical conditions.
The best advice I heard was to act as though you have it and to regulate your behaviour to pass it to as few other other people as possible. Because even if we don't get terribly ill ourselves (which we might), some of the people we pass it to will die.
By the way, from catching the virus to dying takes on average 17.3 days.
So don't panic (yet, lol) but do take every precaution because this is not the flu and it is not "no more dangerous than the flu"
Now back to the footy talk.

#socialdistance
Speaking of the death rate @SeaEagleRock8

One way of supporters killing their own club is by not contributing in times of need and supporting it

The NRL club Membership tells a sad story

Us Manly fans need to step up and make a difference

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 482
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836

Wrong thread sorry, but there is simply too much misinformation around to ignore comments like this.
The death rate from coronavirus is up to 30 times that of the flu. The death rate will partly depend on how each country takes steps to limit the spread. Countries where the spread is not very quickly restricted will have their hospital systems overwhelmed and be unable to treat all cases, so more will die. Unfortunately Australia despite the advantage of seeing what has happened in other countries has not responded well.

In addition there is no vaccine to prevent the spread of coronavirus so it spreads extremely quickly. No doubt you've heard how many countries it has spread to already.
Yes some of the symptoms resemble some flu symptoms, fever dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath. That is the end of the similarity.

You or I may already have it and not know because the mean incubation period is estimated at 5..1 days but can be over 2 weeks. 97.5% will develop symptoms within 11.5 days. Hence the 2 week self isolation period recommended if you've had contact with someone diagnosed.
The problem being that many, many people have the virus and are not yet diagnosed because they are not yet symptomatic.

Yes some people don't even get sick from the virus but most will get sick to some extent and as stated above many will die, especially older people and those with preexisting medical conditions.
The best advice I heard was to act as though you have it and to regulate your behaviour to pass it to as few other other people as possible. Because even if we don't get terribly ill ourselves (which we might), some of the people we pass it to will die.
By the way, from catching the virus to dying takes on average 17.3 days.
So don't panic (yet, lol) but do take every precaution because this is not the flu and it is not "no more dangerous than the flu"
Now back to the footy talk.

#socialdistance
I have no doubt we look back on the damage and destruction to business and personal lives caused by massive overreaction to this and think why oh why did we do that.Sure be careful ( and I am ) but shutting down the world is patently ridiculous.
I have never seen such ridiculous panic in my 57 years on this earth. Sure protect the vulnerable ( elderly and infirm) with isolation methods and education but to basically imprison an entire population and place the world on the brink of a virtual depression is madness.More people died on the roads than from this virus last week and unless the US gets a real hurry along the 60000 that died from the flu two years ago will be hard to catch.And yes I know all the tails about death rates etc but I don’t buy it. The testing around the world has been a disorganised farce and I’m sure there are so many people who have had it and not presented.If we have 100 die in this country I’ll be extremely surprised.
Just a layman’s view and no doubt the toilet paper brigade will lambast me but if this turns out to be a storm in a teacup in this country as I suspect. there is going to be hell to pay in explaining it to those in the dole queues and those who have lost their small business.Death is not the only way lives can be destroyed.

What seems to be forgotten is this overt panic may effect a generation of healthy people as well in the way they go about their lives if the world descends into recession or depression.

Only time in my life I have ever agreed with Alan Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we have 100 die in this country I’ll be extremely surprised.
We'll hit that number within a couple of weeks if not sooner. Respect your views always but I'm of the opposite view, many will die, they will not be comfortable deaths, and the economic repercussions will echo for many many years.

My view, also as a lay person, but having the benefit of being on leave and hence reading quite a few reports about all this over the past few days (before that, it was only a bare background level of awareness) is that people in this country won't voluntarily observe social distancing, our governments (and NRL bosses) will delay as much as possible taking the necessary serious actions out of a misguided short-term desire to avoid unduly harming the economy, but as a result the economy will be trashed way more severely than it otherwise would. See Exhibit 1, the USA.

I encourage everyone to do their own searching for credible information.
Only time in my life I have ever agreed with Alan Jones.
and for once I actually agree with Cameron Smith!

As I respect your view mate. I just don’t think enough thought is going into the incredible effect this massive supply chain disruption and the ensuing job losses and economic damage may have on society.I deal in financial markets and the massive strain this is having on all asset classes may result in something that people may pay the price for years. In a society that is so addicted to debt and overworking and with mental health being a massive issue no one seems to incorporate the effect this world shutdown may have on the working and social lives of the healthy people who would barely notice if they were infected. In reality the vast majority of the people who would die would be threatened by almost anything regarding their health.
This is a massive gamble with people’s financial and mental health well-being in my opinion and it seems the only consideration at all in the conversation is those at the highest risk. Might be harsh but there are more issues involved here.
I certainly hope my layman thoughts prove correct ....for very obvious reasons

Last edited:
Stared to reply but edited as my reply didn't do justice to your concerns. I'll think more about it.
In essence I’m suggesting the vast majority of resources should be put towards isolating and protecting the vulnerable themselves via banning nursing home visits , education of the healthy in regard to staying away from elderly ,provision of basic services and food direct to door, as opposed to protecting the vulnerable by concentrating on decommissioning the entire healthy population

Interesting suggestion but, assuming you can actually identify who are 'the vulnerable', how do you do that when you don't know who is already a carrier? The incubation period is up to 11 days and the government and news agencies persist in speaking of the number of cases when what they are actually referring to is (the far lesser number of) confirmed diagnoses.

Interesting suggestion but, assuming you can actually identify who are 'the vulnerable', how do you do that when you don't know who is already a carrier? The incubation period is up to 11 days and the government and news agencies persist in speaking of the number of cases when what they are actually referring to is (the far lesser number of) confirmed diagnoses.

I just mean keep it simple. Provide over the top assistance , education and protection to people over the age of 60 /65 or who are infirm / suffering major health issues. Isolate them and make life comfortable in every other way.Not perfect but far more targeted, less expensive, less drain on intensive care facilities and less damaging to society as a whole while building immunity in the healthy. Nothing is perfect but it’s seems logical to me

I would much rather rely on direct protection of vulnerable people than hoping a vast array of healthy fools ( and the toilet paper scenes show there is no shortage of these )will themselves respect the health of the elderly .More likely to push them over in a supermarket.

Last edited:
May work but ...
FYI here is a link to an article I read that founded my current view/fears. These have been corroborated multiple times via other sources since.
I posted it here already in another thread, I think on Saturday or maybe Friday night.
This was after I attended the season opener at Bankwest Stadium on the Thursday night with 21 thousand others, and there wouldn't be too many looking forward to this year's NRL season more than I was. I've had my season ticket usual seats in Jane Try for a couple of months already. Anyway I'd be most interested to hear your thoughts on this article if you get time to check it out.

WOW.....let's crucify the lot of them! Last season they were all great.......1st game back & they're all hopeless lolol. How about affording the boys some slack until they reach peak fitness & combinations start to gel again. AFB, Jake T, Tom T, Sironen all back after surgeries etc, the team having played one trial in which only a few 1st graders played, playing Melbourne at full strength on a wet day, 3 tries from 3 kicks...the 2nd one dubious at best, lucky bounce for each try, Finucane getting bandaged up for 5 minutes rather than being taken off the field & stopping our momentum when we had them & were on top......but hey they're all fu(ked! It was 4 - 2 for most of the game & we lost it late. We matched them & had a few things gone our way we'd have won. Don't understand how quickly people turn on the team! Maybe Fainu or Koroisau would have made a difference......maybe not. I bet if either played & we lost the comments wouldn't be any different.

Totally agree.

The other thing that I think was overlooked was Felise Kaufusi's two swinging arms. The second one on Joel Thompson, a few metres out from the Storm line, when we were on attack and they were all over the shop absolutely munted our momentum. They stopped the game for a couple of minutes whilst they tended to Thompson. This allowed those cheating lowlife twats to regroup.

The replay wasn't even shown on TV. Why not?

NEW SEASON. SAME SCUM.

He was good laat year.. in the finals game he played better than dce.. 2 try assists 3 linebreak assists and no turbo. We didnt play our natural game we barely offloaded or spread the ball. Dce was shocking and walker has good defence. Not his fault taufua is slow and lazy and focused in his hair

Maybe it's just me, but I reckon Taufua played better attack with short hair.

I'm not having a go at him because: a) He is a proud MWSE player and great servant of the Club over the years and b) He still hits like a truck.

It is a really tough position to be in for Des. We haven't had the money to buy a real 6 for 4 years and our nursery hasn't incubated one to readiness yet. But realistically, the sooner Dylan goes back to the centres where he belongs, the better off we will be in the long run. He is not a 6 and never will be and Cust and Croker are taking up top 30 places solely on backup grounds, not for future FG start possibilities..
Des knows this better than me and the rest here do, but he wants to bring Schuster along at the pace he deems correct and sees Dylan as the best option available. He knows Schuster is one of the keys to our future success and is not willing to take the risk of burning him.

He thinks Dylan fills our 6 role better than Cust and Froggy RIGHT NOW and moving Dylan to centre boots Parker or Horge.

Who'd be a coach?

Maybe it's just me, but I reckon Taufua played better attack with short hair.

I'm not having a go at him because: a) He is a proud MWSE player and great servant of the Club over the years and b) He still hits like a truck.
I love him too but he does my head in when he plays like he did the other night. Looks uninterested, too slow to react. When hes on hes great

Speaking of the death rate @SeaEagleRock8

One way of supporters killing their own club is by not contributing in times of need and supporting it

The NRL club Membership tells a sad story

Us Manly fans need to step up and make a difference

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 482
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836
Manly 12556 as of 2 days ago...................

Manly 12556 as of 2 days ago...................
Thank you for the update @madmax . Great to see a little progress being made

as every Great contribution from every Great Manly fan goes a long way

HOW GREAT OF A MANLY FAN ARE YOU

DONT TELL US HOW GREAT OF A MANLY FAN YOU ARE

SHOW US

AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650