You've lost your minds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WOW.....let's crucify the lot of them! Last season they were all great.......1st game back & they're all hopeless lolol. How about affording the boys some slack until they reach peak fitness & combinations start to gel again. AFB, Jake T, Tom T, Sironen all back after surgeries etc, the team having played one trial in which only a few 1st graders played, playing Melbourne at full strength on a wet day, 3 tries from 3 kicks...the 2nd one dubious at best, lucky bounce for each try, Finucane getting bandaged up for 5 minutes rather than being taken off the field & stopping our momentum when we had them & were on top......but hey they're all fu(ked! It was 4 - 2 for most of the game & we lost it late. We matched them & had a few things gone our way we'd have won. Don't understand how quickly people turn on the team! Maybe Fainu or Koroisau would have made a difference......maybe not. I bet if either played & we lost the comments wouldn't be any different.

Spot on great post

WOW.....let's crucify the lot of them! Last season they were all great.......1st game back & they're all hopeless lolol. How about affording the boys some slack until they reach peak fitness & combinations start to gel again. AFB, Jake T, Tom T, Sironen all back after surgeries etc, the team having played one trial in which only a few 1st graders played, playing Melbourne at full strength on a wet day, 3 tries from 3 kicks...the 2nd one dubious at best, lucky bounce for each try, Finucane getting bandaged up for 5 minutes rather than being taken off the field & stopping our momentum when we had them & were on top......but hey they're all fu(ked! It was 4 - 2 for most of the game & we lost it late. We matched them & had a few things gone our way we'd have won. Don't understand how quickly people turn on the team! Maybe Fainu or Koroisau would have made a difference......maybe not. I bet if either played & we lost the comments wouldn't be any different.

Go back to Vulcan will you Spock. Logic has no place on earth or football fan forums @:p

For the record, you were 100% spot on.

Lets hang the 5/8? He literally has no attacking game at 5/8. He never has. Wouldn't you rather him be one of the worlds best centres than a crab at 5/8?
He was good laat year.. in the finals game he played better than dce.. 2 try assists 3 linebreak assists and no turbo. We didnt play our natural game we barely offloaded or spread the ball. Dce was shocking and walker has good defence. Not his fault taufua is slow and lazy and focused in his hair

Last edited:
May need to realise Melbourne have flown out the blocks the past decade, playing game 1 at the level most teams take 4-5 weeks to reach.
For 70% of the game Manly were as good , if not better than Storm.
The kicking game was poor and it was losing this area that created the attrition, that basically crippled the team by the 60th minute.
There was some vital tackles on Suli where I was expecting the break ....Olam suprised me and I think Suli with 2 tackles that could easily have given Manly the break through.
The attack was a little predictable relying on simply steamrolling the middle 3rd, till the walls collapsed forDCE/Turbo....but it didn't happen and I won't faint if Schuster gets a bench spot in coming weeks....to break down these rugged defensive sides, some unpredictability is huge...though do agree we were not THAT bad and Storm on that performance would have beaten ANY team based in game 1.

A
May need to realise Melbourne have flown out the blocks the past decade, playing game 1 at the level most teams take 4-5 weeks to reach.
For 70% of the game Manly were as good , if not better than Storm.
The kicking game was poor and it was losing this area that created the attrition, that basically crippled the team by the 60th minute.
There was some vital tackles on Suli where I was expecting the break ....Olam suprised me and I think Suli with 2 tackles that could easily have given Manly the break through.
The attack was a little predictable relying on simply steamrolling the middle 3rd, till the walls collapsed forDCE/Turbo....but it didn't happen and I won't faint if Schuster gets a bench spot in coming weeks....to break down these rugged defensive sides, some unpredictability is huge...though do agree we were not THAT bad and Storm on that performance would have beaten ANY team based in game 1.
Any team? I dunno they beat us because we dropped the ball all the time plus they only scored off kicks.

Worst thing was that we didnt even look like scoring a try. Not even close. Il put this down to great storm defence and our rustiness. Im thinking wel score at least 4 this week and be on track.

Cherry cost us the game with his awful last tackle options. He barely ran the ball. Not involved enough. Needs to take on more responsibility

He was good laat year.. in the finals game he played better than dce.. 2 try assists 3 linebreak assists and no turbo. We didnt play our natural game we barely offloaded or spread the ball. Dce was shocking and walker has good defence. Not his fault taufua is slow and lazy and focused in his hair
I have never accepted Walker as a 5/8 - but he has been clearly better than Cherry in the past several games.

It’s fitting that - in keeping with the rest of the world - we should loose or minds. After all, we’re fighting over toilet paper, destroying the economy, and on the brink of cancelling the NRL season out of fear of an infection that is no more dangerous than the flue. Madness appears to be the norm.

cancelling the NRL season out of fear of an infection that is no more dangerous than the flue.
Wrong thread sorry, but there is simply too much misinformation around to ignore comments like this.
The death rate from coronavirus is up to 30 times that of the flu. The death rate will partly depend on how each country takes steps to limit the spread. Countries where the spread is not very quickly restricted will have their hospital systems overwhelmed and be unable to treat all cases, so more will die. Unfortunately Australia despite the advantage of seeing what has happened in other countries has not responded well.

In addition there is no vaccine to prevent the spread of coronavirus so it spreads extremely quickly. No doubt you've heard how many countries it has spread to already.
Yes some of the symptoms resemble some flu symptoms, fever dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath. That is the end of the similarity.

You or I may already have it and not know because the mean incubation period is estimated at 5..1 days but can be over 2 weeks. 97.5% will develop symptoms within 11.5 days. Hence the 2 week self isolation period recommended if you've had contact with someone diagnosed.
The problem being that many, many people have the virus and are not yet diagnosed because they are not yet symptomatic.

Yes some people don't even get sick from the virus but most will get sick to some extent and as stated above many will die, especially older people and those with preexisting medical conditions.
The best advice I heard was to act as though you have it and to regulate your behaviour to pass it to as few other other people as possible. Because even if we don't get terribly ill ourselves (which we might), some of the people we pass it to will die.
By the way, from catching the virus to dying takes on average 17.3 days.
So don't panic (yet, lol) but do take every precaution because this is not the flu and it is not "no more dangerous than the flu"
Now back to the footy talk.

#socialdistance

Last edited:
Neither you nor I know the true death rate from this disease. Most fatalities are among the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions. The Italian experience suggests that the virus was wide spread in that community - and probably others - before it was ever recognised. Around 1000 people will die in Australia today. One day it will be my turn. One day it will be your turn. Advancements over the past 50 years in medicine and the handling and storage of the elderly mean that we will probably die in our late 80s in a nursing home bed of cardiac failure brought on by respiratory illness. If they swab us post Mortem and find we had a cold does it mean we died solely from the cold. More importantly should everyone else in Australia lock themselves away lest they also catch cold.

I know this seams cold hearted but it happens every year. Has the mortuary industry expanded this year? Are a greater number of funerals being conducted? If you know the answer to either of these questions an if that answer is yes than I humbly apologise.

I’m not sure exactly what point you are making. However it is dangerously irresponsible to advocate we all carry on interacting with others as normal (not saying that is your view) I hasten to add I am not a doctor or scientist and really it is only over the past week or so I’ve been hearing a lot more info.
I strongly recommend everyone learn as much about all this as possible and make your own judgments!

The death rate from coronavirus is up to 30 times that of the flu. The death rate will partly depend on how each country takes steps to limit the spread. Countries where the spread is not very quickly restricted will have their hospital systems overwhelmed and be unable to treat all cases, so more will die.

That seems to be the point missed by those harping on about 'it's only a flu'.

Basic maths shows that if we all try to flatten the curve then maybe hospitals can help the infirmed but if it all hits at once, no hope. Keep in mind hospitals don't just hang around waiting for viruses, people have other needs for hospitals. Sheesh

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4