YouTube deletes all NRL videos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I noticed tonight that YouTube has deleted all NRL videos including many past great tries etc.

Whilst I can understand that the NRL has taken this action to protect their product it seems smallminded and petty. Yes - the videos are copyright but these little clips generate interest in the game and were only excerpts of great tries in the main.

I can't understand what they have to gain by stopping these video clips.

Any thoughts or opinions??

I wonder if they infringed on copyright - i thought you were allowed to show small portions without causing problems?

oh and

NRL are wankers

This is the email I received - so yes it does infringe some copyright. However I am not marketing or allowing anyone to use it for any gain - it is just there to promote interest in the game.

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by National Rugby League Partnership claiming that this material is infringing:

Steve Menzies 150th Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdyGRsjdWs8

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

NRL are wankers...YouTube would be a great avenue for getting the game seen by people who haven't taken an interest in it before....but I'm sure they know best- does the AFL have footage on YouTube still?

Yep there is AFL, American Football and many Soccer clips from comps all over the world. If someone was trying to make money out of it ...... But no!!!!

It's all been said ... NRL are ....

Don't get me wrong i am not letting the NRL off the hook because they really do some stupid things in regards to the fans but i think you'll find the real villian in this is Telstra. They are doing what only they can do best and that is hold people of over barrels because they can. This is all designed to protect there bigpond interests on the NRL site. I know for a fact that this is the reason that they can't put any video on the Official manly site.

How do you take a hugely successful monopoly and cut its value in half and reduce a constant income stream to nothing? Hand it to private enterprise.

Thanks to our Trade Agreement with the US covering copyright you can kiss goodbye any form of logical use of Australian content from now on.

It is petty and ridiculous.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4