Youth players integration /potential side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
We have a superstar youth team. Over the next year or two we need to blood a lot of them. You cannot do it all in one season. With this season effectively written off we need to bring in Koula Fainu Ben Turbo this season.

Koula asap. This kid is special.. too young yada yada. No he's not. He has something you cant teach. Pure speed. NRL is a fast game now and you need speed and power. Players like Parker have neither. unfortunately he is not NRL standard. Maybe if he puts a bit of size on he can play backrow. Every time the opposition makes a break it's a try as we have nobody with a bit of speed to catch them.

This kid is generally a fullback and under normal circumstances he would be introduced on the wing or in the centres where he has excelled this season.

As I have no hope this year.. this is what is keeping me excited.

Going forward this side has speed and size.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Reuben Garrick
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Dylan Walker
5. Daniel Ala
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry Evans (eventually Humphreys)
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Jack Birt (Fainu with any luck)
10. Zac Saddler
11. Jake Trbojevic
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Sione Fainu

14. Cade Cust
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Special mentions that will push on for places
Simon Tito
Tuipulotu brothers.
Latu and Samuela Fainu
Gordan Chan Kum Tong
Kaeo Weekes
Josh Feledy

It is likely some of these kids may not be good enough and we may need to invest in a few outside ie Sua Nathan Brown Matterson etc.

However we do have great potential in our youth do what the Panthers have done.

Thoughts?

I truly believe investing in our young players.

It is pretty obvious that this season is going to not be a good one for Manly and we have a wealth of young talent that needs investment in relation to game time.

Thing is this is what Penrith did 2 years ago when they were in a big hole like we are now and they are reaping the benefits. The team I saw from last week had bundles of energy and positivity whereas our tried and failed guys were not only lapped but totally schooled by them.

It is a no brainer to give them game time, I just wonder if the current coach believes that??

Latu Fainu is an Absolute gun....will make a Massive impact...add him to the 17
Also would include Sione Fainu who is not on the list, a young front rower who has been playing lock at Blacktown in recent weeks, could be an option by 2022.
I agree . Have him in the starting position mate! At lock

I truly believe investing in our young players.

It is pretty obvious that this season is going to not be a good one for Manly and we have a wealth of young talent that needs investment in relation to game time.

Thing is this is what Penrith did 2 years ago when they were in a big hole like we are now and they are reaping the benefits. The team I saw from last week had bundles of energy and positivity whereas our tried and failed guys were not only lapped but totally schooled by them.

It is a no brainer to give them game time, I just wonder if the current coach believes that??
That's what worries me too. That Des can barely play one yet throw in 5-6.

I agree . Have him in the starting position mate! At lock
Tell you something about Fainu, has all the modern attributes being very agile for a forward and plays high tempo and strong with a big motor....would not let you down, just not sure if ready in 2021, but there's plenty already in the side who don't look ready!!....I wouldn't be upset to see him get a shot

Tell you something about Fainu, has all the modern attributes being very agile for a forward and plays high tempo and strong with a big motor....would not let you down, just not sure if ready in 2021, but there's plenty already in the side who don't look ready!!....I wouldn't be upset to see him get a shot
I agree. Seen him a few times. He has it all to succeed. He can't do any worse than the current lot.

Umm isn't Latu Fainu like 16?

Why are people suggesting to put him in the 17?
talking about Sione in the 17 not Latu. This thread is about the future though.. over the next few years. Instead of paying for over priced nobodies.. we should keep the money with our youth as they are next level at the moment. Dominating their peers.

talking about Sione in the 17 not Latu. This thread is about the future though.. over the next few years. Instead of paying for over priced nobodies.. we should keep the money with our youth as they are next level at the moment. Dominating their peers.
Ah yes scrolled back up and I'd misread.

Thought people were really losing their marbles

Like Sione

The really big query on here is “ do these young guys see themselves as being able to get a start at Manly”???

If they don’t , not many will remain.

Couldn't agree more, start bringing them through. There is no premiership window for manly until this happens, so the sooner they can be introduced and rested occasionally if needed, the better. DCE can go to brissy if he wants, keep foran around as a senior figure and to learn from.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6