Youth Brigade !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Now that Rodney is leaving i see a few positives to having so many young players. Dont get me wrong i reckon its a shane hes leaving, but in saying that there are more positives then negatives.

- Salary cap pressure released.
- The club is in a better position to be able to retain younger players or add extensions.
- Stability, i dont see the club wanting to buy in the absence of a loss, we have the players to cover Rockets position.

The players like Trex, Buhrer, Lussick, Robinson & Harrison should be given this money to either add on extensions or retain !

And hopefully in 2013 we may pull back a scalp and regain JWH. Imagine this: All core 5 players that played in the Toyota cup team that went on to win their respective minor premiership all playing along side one another !

-JWH
-Lussick
-Buhrer
-DCE
-Foran

I think the next few years are going to be great for the mighty sea eagles!! A great mix of youth and experience and an awesome coach.

I wouldnt get too carried away yet, Plenty are unsigned yet and wasnt there an article recently where the NRL wouldnt register King and rose's new contracts until Manly proved they were under the cap

Just thought i read something along those lines

What was Rodney receiving moneywise $$$ for there now to be such a relief to our cap?

jbb...... haven't we recently already proven to Ian Schubert that we are all above board.

Joey,i doubt he would have been on much,came to us an an overinjured player on a 4 year contract,surely that would have been bargain basement

Joey said:
What was Rodney receiving moneywise $$$ for there now to be such a relief to our cap?

jbb...... haven't we recently already proven to Ian Schubert that we are all above board.

Dont know what rodney was getting, always thought it was quite frugal and then someone on the forum the other day mentioned it was a back ended contract. Dont know how they knew or if they knew but it was interesting

As for the schubert thing, that was a while back it seems 6 plus weeks when hoppa was making up his mind but the registration issues i read was only in the last week. Its possible they are for different things, its possible things have changed with rodney moving on and its even possible, and this is a very slim possability that im full of bollocks and talking out my rrrrrrsss.

In 2008 Rodney signed a four year contract with Manly which was reportedly heavily back-ended with most of his money coming in the third and fourth years.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/archive/index.php/t-209517.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6