"Your" Players on the Chop block in 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I want a legitimate debate here, not just friendly agreements....let's get Real....what a terrible 2022 season !!

Also 'your" personal opinions - even if your the "only" 1.
I'm kicking off and going for the jugular.

Tommy T - A favourite player of mine is Tommy T and I rate him in the Top 5 players in the NRL....actually in the Top 3.
But what's the use of this, if he only plays a few games every season ?
He played 20 or so in 2021 and was integral in our Top 4 finish, this season didn't see much of him and definitely a big part of our BIG drop on the ladder.
I'm staying positive he will healthy and fresh for 2023, but another season of 5 games or so and though crazy to consider losing a player of this calibre....I think it's crazier to buy a mansion on the water and live in a tent - (having something amazing you don't/can't use.

Harper - A whipping boy at times and is not as terrible as some say, but definitely has a few clangers and can be caught out at vital times and unfortunately in big games.....feel a replacement could well be on the way, but if not needs to have a big year to hold his spot....has some evasive skills, but no genuine speed and lot's of dropped balls, defensively improved but still behind the level needed.

Keppie - Love his mongrel - not his stupidity.....consistent dropped ball and penalties conceded outweighs what he brings, has potential to be the enforcer....but lacks discipline and needs to sleep with a footy as his pillow in the off season.

DCE - Always been a DCE fan, though his organising is as erratic as his salary, but the salary part was a "Manly management" issue and not his, though would like it revised....which won't happen....I rarely give up my wages and if they thought I was worth, more would likely be happy about that too.
It was mentioned about DCE playing at 9 and I really see it suiting his running style where he would create chaos in the modern game.
It won't happen due to the fact he plays rep level at 7, so this is pigeon holed as his position and defensively could struggle with the extra workrate....but to whoever thought that, have agreed with this as an option for a few years.

Hooker - Whoever it may be, needs to add far more punch in 2023, if not is a Priority position to fill ASAP.

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to be on the chopping block this year.
We cannot have another year like last .
This is last chance saloon.
Take it personal and play your best football consistently
or
"Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out "

Too bad we don't have a top quality NSW cup team ,
when NO player can feel comfortable in their position.
I think players tend to try harder when they have young guns breathing down their neck,
And a coach willing to use them !

I think everyone needs to be on the chopping block this year.
We cannot have another year like last .
This is last chance saloon.
Take it personal and play your best football consistently
or
"Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out "

Too bad we don't have a top quality NSW cup team ,
when NO player can feel comfortable in their position.
I think players tend to try harder when they have young guns breathing down their neck,
And a coach willing to use them !
I love your passion @robbiea

Passionate and Proud Manly People take loses to heart

and show no Mercy to Mediocrity

Live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Greatness..... Or just Leave the club

And the Whinging will only stop when the Winning Starts

Last edited:
I think DCE has been a great player for us for a long period of time and can only recall 1 injury in past 12 seasons or so where he missed a couple of weeks only due to a ankle injury (Sydesmosis)

BUT for the life of me i cant understand why we extended him beyond 2023..Its ridiculous.

All though his pay packet surely got reduced under a million for the extension ONE MORE YEAR with us would have just been perfect and Humphries could have taken over until Latu Fainu is NRL ready hopefully by 2025.

The only way we can improve our Roster significantly was for Chez to move on.

And if the Trbojevic's want to win a Premiership at Manly they will need to take a pay cut also so we can improve our roster even further.

We are 2-3 quality 1st Graders short of mixing it with the heavy weights. (Gun Prop & Hooker)

Burbo off contract next year, Davey leaving needs to make that edge forward role next to Shu his , didn't have a good year, injuries HIA
Toff off contract next year,I think it was his best season, hoping he has another level
Harper/Parker off contract next year 3 doesn't fit into 2 Koula one Centre,
Bully off contract next year glimpses of what he could be , needs to lift his efforts across the park, only young and needs to be left in the middle
Saab needs to improve his work rate and defence,Tippytoes (started the year great but dropped off , with every other player) and Vega pushing for his position ,if Garrick doesn't leave

Taniela Paseka is the big question mark for me. Without go forward as talented as our kids might be we really lack a forward leader / someone to get us going on the front foot.

I am not talking about a big hitting intimidation type but someone who can really get us rolling

Taniela Paseka is the big question mark for me. Without go forward as talented as our kids might be we really lack a forward leader / someone to get us going on the front foot.

I am not talking about a big hitting intimidation type but someone who can really get us rolling
It's an interesting piece of the puzzle for sure. Taupau leaves a hole in the prop rotation to be filled by .... DeLuis? don't think so! Tuitavake? He hasn't even played yet!
I suspect we are getting another bookend, to share pack leadership with Aloia. All our young guys might prosper if following a solid foundation set by a couple of hardheads.

Latu is not a halfback. Or have I missed something?
Yes my apologies he is a 5/8..Humphries/Weeks half comb would have been nice for 2024 if Schuie doesnt work out in the halves than i assume he moves into Lock / Backrow.

End of the day my point was don't think we needed DCE past the 2023 season.

It's an interesting piece of the puzzle for sure. Taupau leaves a hole in the prop rotation to be filled by .... DeLuis? don't think so! Tuitavake? He hasn't even played yet!
I suspect we are getting another bookend, to share pack leadership with Aloia. All our young guys might prosper if following a solid foundation set by a couple of hardheads.
Issue for me is how to get some consistency in his game. There have been times when he has been a world beater which we need

I take comfort in players like Tapine who has really exploded this year at 28 after being 'pretty good' for his whole carerr....time on Paseka's side

I take comfort in players like Tapine who has really exploded this year at 28 after being 'pretty good' for his whole carerr....time on Paseka's side
Agree as it is a hard position to play (also should have clarified I do not see him on the block as such more needing to lift) but would like to see more development this year

Toff , Keppie, Paseka been in the system a few years now,with Kapow leaving they need to fill the role of a frontline forward, Paseka/ Keppie hopefully has a better year with injuries , I'm still thinking Jake to prop and bring a new lock in Lawton/Fulton

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2