Your favorite Manly player(s)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1 - BK
2 - Dunley
3 - Beaver

That is probably my three but can think of many others that would fit in there too. The reason why is all three of them play with passion and power!

1. Steve Menzies
2. Anthony Watmough
3. Kylie Leuleuai

All time favourite - Geoff Toovey by a long way!!

1. Beaver
*daylight*
2. Watmough
3. Hicks
4. Monas

Beaver is my favourite player ever, Cliffy is up there to (he looks like my dad)

My favourite was Geoff Toovey but now he retired mine are:

1. Beaver
2. Monaghan
3. BK
4. Brett Stewart

it is amazing how quickly BK has endeared himself to manly fans!

I'm not really into BK that much. Whilst I wouldn't discount the fact that he would be an inspirational leader of our team, I sometimes get a little dissapointed it won't be a Manly boy (i.e. junior) through & through that will get the leadership role.

Therefore, my favourite players are always ones that start at a club, and remain there in this very fickle environment.

I'd say Anthony Watmough. He's a Narrabeen lad through & through. Played with the Sharkies (Narrabeen Sharks that is). He worked with my step brother roof tiling for a while, and I have been told, that whilst he WAS a very wild boy, he has become very grounded and focused. I appreciate his family ethic OFF the field, as it is a well known fact he had kids very, very early, and it takes maturity to see things like that through.

I think he is ONE player out of the three juniors coming/gone through (Randall, King & Watmough)that has started to, and will realise their potential, whilst the other two will struggle.

He is a player that instills confidence in me as a supporter when I know he will be playing.

The fact is, he played Origin when he was 20. That's right, remember, this bloke is very, very young still.

With a bit of coaching and moulding (he's a tad raw now), I think he could make a great long term captain, and depending on the "teams" success, believe he will be representing his state again soon.

My next favourite player WILL be Steven Bell. He oozes class both on & off the field. It has been a milennia since we had a quality finesse Centre. He's consistently been one of The Melbourne Storms top try scorers, and has been named the most under rated player in the game today by the professionals. We all know Hicks can find the try line. Add Bell getting quality to ball to him, and Hicks will look a lot better next year. If Bell is on the other side, I'm sure Stephenson / Robertson / Matai will benefit too.

1 - BK
2 - Dunley
3 - Beaver

That is probably my three but can think of many others that would fit in there too. The reason why is all three of them play with passion and power!

It is amazing that at the start of the season I remember someone who had no time for Dunley

thats not me, it was ryan at the start of the season I had no time for Watmough! Dunley I thought needed to calm down a bit and stop giving away stupid penalties but this year he more than proved his worth

1/ JP Cherry
2/ George Rose
3/ Phil Morewood

No room on the list for King Curtis?

And your all time favourite Manly players are Grant Doorey and Bernard Dyer.

[quote author=The Wheel]
1/ JP Cherry
2/ George Rose
3/ Phil Morewood

No room on the list for King Curtis?

And your all time favourite Manly players are Grant Doorey and Bernard Dyer.
[/quote]

It was a toss up between Curtis & Rose. BTW Barry Reidy is my all time favourite

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4