Your 2 Most Improved Manly players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
No particular order...

Garrick - There were times I thought he was lucky to be a fill in winger, he had mistakes, poor read, often missed try scoring opportunies and was an easy target for the opposition defence to belt up....he looked out of his depth and yeh I was being over critical for a young bloke breaking into the NRL, but us Seaeagles supporters have high expectations, maybe even unrealistic standards but that's just how it is.
Well Garrick has today not only exceeded my expectations, the bloke is a genuine quality NRL player who "looks faster, stronger and confident".
He makes gutsy runs to dig out of trouble and is a genuine Team player, has a decent passing game and courage, recently when looking half busted, has dug deep and shown great heart....much admiration to this bloke and I'm proud to see him as a Manly player and hopefully long term and the only part of his game I want improved is his shots at goal...anyways he is a nomination.

Croker - Has copped heaps on here and everywhere and let me add, much has been justified, but I'm giving credit where it's due....this bloke has improved greatly and gives it everything - every week.
His defence a few times I have mistaken for Jake with Massive head on contact and super technique, stopping many rampaging forwards in their tracks.
In attack is actually springing out at key moments and threatening that ruck area which for a long time has been a downfall and still can improve, but he is on the right path and has looked dangerous and made the odd bust or won momentum.
Still has the odd error, but to be fair, due to the fact he earlier on was making far more, I reckon many including myself make a bigger deal of it as he was so much of a whipping boy early on.....Cook and Grant make a couple a game but they go unnoticed because of who they are, I mean your 9 touches the ball far more than ANY other position so are constantly in the spotlight, but thats his position so you gotta expect the heat.
Anyways, Croker has come a long way and is my 2nd vote.

Who are your 2 most improved and why ?

Brad parker he had some shockers on the wing under barrett, now he is a very good defensive center and hits the line well, probably good enough to play back row for Manly.

Croker thought he wasnt as good as Cust but i think he has proven me wrong. easily the best defensive 9 since api at Manly. That 40/20 and 2 tries and an assist last week was very impressive.

Last edited:
Sipley didn't rate many mentions because we had some standouts against Storm but I thought he was very strong in his first stint and is continuing to improve.

Haumole was a gun last year but has definitely improved his consistency and stamina as he's adjusted to the frantic pace of NRL.

Croker - he has been really good this year and probably 20% better than last year. He is certainly not the reason why we have struggled this year.
If all our players took the work eithics of Croker and Jake, we would be top 4.

Koula - has proved he belongs in first grade for the rest of his career. Will only get better.
Now, if DCE can learn to pass to Koula in front of him, not behind, above his head, too hard - just in front so Koula can use his speed and run onto the ball, Koula would be sensational.

Can't wait till 2023 with Schu's soft hands passing to Koula, Haumole and Turbo.

Sipley didn't rate many mentions because we had some standouts against Storm but I thought he was very strong in his first stint and is continuing to improve.

Haumole was a gun last year but has definitely improved his consistency and stamina as he's adjusted to the frantic pace of NRL.
Sipley has been outstanding this year. He is fit again and it makes a massive difference. He is no longer the liability in defence and his carriers are fantastic.

It depends on the criteria.

If we're talking in a general sense across careers, then Garrick has come along in leaps and bounds and is now an elite footballer.

If we're talking this season only, then it has to be Sipley and Croker. I always rated Croker's defence as exceptional but he is now doing some good things with the ball.

I can't really call Koula improved, because he is playing as well now as he was at the start of the year. OK, he's suddenly scoring tries but his performances were exceptional from the outset.

In terms of regression, Schuster and Keppie have to win the award!

It depends on the criteria.

If we're talking in a general sense across careers, then Garrick has come along in leaps and bounds and is now an elite footballer.

If we're talking this season only, then it has to be Sipley and Croker. I always rated Croker's defence as exceptional but he is now doing some good things with the ball.

I can't really call Koula improved, because he is playing as well now as he was at the start of the year. OK, he's suddenly scoring tries but his performances were exceptional from the outset.

In terms of regression, Schuster and Keppie have to win the award!
Yes so agree with that Schu and Keppie should both struggle to get game time. Schu needs to be doing extra hill work and 440's to lose the spare tyre. So so talented so so not realising that talent. Keppie has a pumpkin for a head. Not really any solution for that other than to give him really really simple basic jobs but he always seems to clock off and go to sleep and forget... forget to hold the ball tightly... forget to play the ball properly... forget to cover up on the inside in defence.. forget not to unload in traffic in our own quarter

Croker and Garrick
Croker was probably the worst hooker in the NRL a season and 1/2 ago he wasn't doing the the plays he does now I think it has a bit too do with him believing he was a half not a hooker but once he realised he could make a go of it and got his confidence in the role he has improved immensely
Garrick has just got better ever since that 2nd season he had with Manly now a really good winger and starting to play the fullback role very well

The two players I did not want to see return on 2022 were Croker and Harper.

They have improved to be at an "acceptable 1st grade level", but should a young gun be offered ( we can't afford established), I would think seriously of that opportunity.

Koula has been a revelation, however he is still in "school" so each week sees a small improvement.

Schuster is going backwards with his petulance and needs to lose the Botox treatments for his pouts.

Last edited:
Garrick hands down. He has accepted the challenge and actually has drive and determination to be an elite player. He has also developed strong leadership skills in the sense that he has stepped up in responsibilty of being a genuine playmaker in the absence of Turbo.

Croker has definitely improved but still miles off from being a game changing dummy half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4