Young hoppa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As long as he comes out um... not being a massive dickhead. Reformed - yes. Same as before - no.

I saw his game against Penrith. I had no idea who he was so raced down and bought a program. He is very talented but gee he would have to change his behavior on and off the field.

He should not be tarred by the 'Sins of the Father'. Everyone deserves a second chance. But JUST ONE 2nd chance, and not a third fourth and fifth. And if he is given the opportunity, he should be made very clear about what his obligations are and that he HAS JUST 1 CHANCE.
Then, we might find, he is a great backline player. One cant help thinking that his time inside will have done him more harm than good. But who knows.

He should not be tarred by the 'Sins of the Father'. Everyone deserves a second chance. But JUST ONE 2nd chance, and not a third fourth and fifth. And if he is given the opportunity, he should be made very clear about what his obligations are and that he HAS JUST 1 CHANCE.
Then, we might find, he is a great backline player. One cant help thinking that his time inside will have done him more harm than good. But who knows.
Pretty sure the kid has had a few chances already. Perhaps not all incidents were as serious, but there have been a lot of opportunities for him to get his footballing career on-track, and he's failed 'til now.

I don't begrudge society giving him another chance once he's out on the streets, but with a plethora of kids in the system, I wouldn't waste my time earmarking him for Manly colours.

He is a talent but doubt that the NRL will allow his contract to be registered for 12 months after he gets out of jail.

Two years out of the game and I fear that he will be as bad as his brother Will and cousin Albert who lost most of their talent while away from the game for the same length of time.

Bonny Hoppa! Now that's a name that's sure to catch on.
He will have a cult following if he makes the top grade.

Would put a line through Jamil.

Will's career took a massive dive because he took two years away from the game. Jamil being away from the game due to his sentence would probably have the same effect with regards to coming back and being out of his depth.

Don't think he is worth the trouble either.

I don't want to paint every Hopoate with the same brush, but how much has Manly bent over backwards to help them and how often have we been burnt because of it?

John was talented, but had Les Boyd like brain explosions on the field and lets face it, Will would not have even played in our 2011 premiership (or at best would have been on the bench) if the Wolfman hadn't broken his neck in the game against Melbourne. How he even got picked for Origin this year is one for Great Mysteries of the World.

If there are more Hopoate's coming through the lower grades who have talent then fine, bring them along. But any trouble and its goodbye and the club should wipe their hands of the whole family.

Last edited:
I don't want to paint every Hopoate with the same brush, but how much has Manly bent over backwards to help them and how often have we been burnt because of it?

John was talented, but had Les Boyd like brain explosions on the field and lets face it, Will would not have even played in our 2011 premiership (or at best would have been on the bench) if the Wolfman hadn't broken his neck in the game against Melbourne. How he even got picked for Origin this year is one for Great Mysteries of the World.

If there are more Hopoate's coming through the lower grades who have talent then fine, bring them along. But any trouble and its goodbye and the club should wipe their hands of the whole family.
Big john is coaching the sg ball next year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8