Young Hoppa 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow it's just your fetish to **** on Taufua isn't it?

Not really a fetish but I do think he is pretty limited as a player, has some really strong elements to his game, but is lacking in others.

I’d rather blood hoppa than risk losing him to someone who will, Rather than select our team on sentimentality and spare jorges feelings. He has done some great things I. A manly jumper, no doubt.

For those thinking young Hoppa is a walk up start this season, read the following DT article. Could be a gently gently process for the young fella - may not even get a crack at NRL this year

Albert Hopoate to undergo tests as he recovers from ACL injury
Sea Eagles young gun Albert Hopoate has fought back from two serious knee injuries but he could be on the cusp of an early return to provide Manly with a huge boost for the NRL season.
Matt Logue, The Daily Telegraph
|
January 23, 2020 2:26pm

It’s the scientific test conducted that will determine if Manly young gun Albert Hopoate is on track to return from a second ACL ahead of schedule.
Hopoate’s promising career has been put on hold following consecutive knee reconstructions.
This time last year he was set to potentially make his NRL debut on the wing for the Sea Eagles before heartbreak hit.
Hopoate was left devastated when he re-injured his ACL just 12 minutes into only his second SG Ball match last season.

Albert Hopoate has gone through a lot for a young player. Photo: AAP
It has been a long road following 10 months of intense rehabilitation and recovery, but he is finally on the right path. He is running strongly and isn’t restricted while he is working overtime in the gym to rebuild lost muscle and conditioning.

But before Hopoate can play again, he has to complete a test to determine his comeback timeline.

Called “Pitch Ready”, the testing system provides athletes with definitive individualised and progressive information that they can use to help maximise potential for injury prevention and a successful return.

The test was created and is conducted by former St George Illawarra physiotherapist Tim McGrath, who holds a PHD in Rehabilitation of the ACL and return to sport and is the clinical director of Elite Physiotherapy in Canberra.

Hopoate will have markers connected to his body, which allow the system to test his change of direction and movement mechanics.

This will then determine a prognosis and a comeback plan moving forward.

If the test is positive for Hopoate, he will be cleared to return to training with the team.

A conservative comeback would be round 14 but if his knee responds well to contact he could be back as early as round 3 or 4.

Hopoate’s father, Manly legend John Hopoate, couldn’t be happier to see his son push through the adversity of consecutive ACL injuries.

“I’m very proud of Albert because he was devastated doing it a second time,” Hopoate said.

“He has worked very hard to get to where he is now and by all reports he’s going really well.

“It would be great for him to play first grade but I’m not worried about that at the moment. I just want him to play a full season of footy and touch wood he doesn’t get injured again.”

Manly have also gone to great lengths behind the scenes to prevent Hopoate from suffering a third successive ACL injury, which is a 30 per cent chance of happening again..

This includes scans to measure his length discrepancy, wearing specific shoes and an injection in his pelvis by a sports physician to lock up and stabilise his pelvis.

Yeah I say walker move out wide and put one of young halfs at 6
I have to say Walkers defense at centre and even in attack he didnt look the same as previous years. He lacks the size of some of the games massive bodies as the game progresses we have larger and larger humans in the backline.
I have to say Albert looks just like his Dad in build and as long as he can recover will be a star with time and some size.

I'm sick of the Hopoate legacy tainting our club, nothing good has come from it

We had a million suspensions and amateur proctology linked to our club even though the finger banging was a wests thing, the best thing he did was throw an elbow which allowed Matai a debut

His bible bashing baby lied to us post grand final win saying he was coming back when he'd already signed at parra

His window licking son is virtually his second coming being jailed on our dime, he also left us to join his imaginary friend having brother at parra

I have zero interest in seeing what the next ****er from his tainted tree will produce, I do not trust this family they are bad news

We had a million suspensions and amateur proctology linked to our club even though the finger banging was a wests thing, the best thing he did was throw an elbow which allowed Matai a debut

His bible bashing baby lied to us post grand final win saying he was coming back when he'd already signed at parra

His window licking son is virtually his second coming being jailed on our dime, he also left us to join his imaginary friend having brother at parra

I have zero interest in seeing what the next ****er from his tainted tree will produce, I do not trust this family they are bad news
Do all religious people live rent-free inside your head or just the Hopoate family?

I’m sensing...that you don’t REALLY like the Hopoate family, do you...?

How many games we start in 2020 with our first choice 1-5? I’m guessing not a majority. Be a good way to ease him in

I think Manly's backline will be much the same to start as it was last year, that being Tom, Garrick, Parker, Suli, Taufua, Walker, DCE. But I see a few changes occurring as the season develops

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2