Young Hoppa 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have zero doubt, if injury free, is a legitimate show to get a spot in the Top grade in 2020.

Prefers Fullback, but that's a no chance card with Turbo back there.

On the wings, Garrick is only going to improve and is goalkicker, plus credit where due, Taufua had a very strong 2019.

There's no easy centre position either, with Suli the most dangerous attacking weapon in the finals (though needs to polish up defensively) and Parker was imo, the most improved player at Manly....maybe the comp.

Thing is, if Hoppa is ready and firing, this much talent will not be wasted at Blacktown - the big question - if he does force his way in - where will he play ?

If he can maintain the progress that he showed before his season ending injury in 2019 , it is going to be hard to keep him out from the run on back line once the season is underway , I would say wing [ along with Garrick ] assuming that Suli and Parker can continue to show more consistent good form . Also would definitely have to think that he would be too good for Black Town if he starts playing to his full potential early .

If hoppa dominates this preseason like he did last year on one leg, nothing can be off the table, not even starting in the no 1 jersey.

Let's not forget Turbo staring on the wing in origin playing like a second fullback in the same team as Teddy, and also staring in the centres for the kangaroos combining with DCE so nicely.

It does give DES options and ultimately what matters is what is the best for the team.

DES is one coach I can not see being affraid to make a huge positional call if he believes it is the correct one.

He be in at some stage.
I love the brad Parker turn around but premiership winners show you need class in centres. I believe hopa and Ben turbo will be putting a lot pressure on Parker in 12 months time.

I have zero doubt, if injury free, is a legitimate show to get a spot in the Top grade in 2020.

Prefers Fullback, but that's a no chance card with Turbo back there.

On the wings, Garrick is only going to improve and is goalkicker, plus credit where due, Taufua had a very strong 2019.

There's no easy centre position either, with Suli the most dangerous attacking weapon in the finals (though needs to polish up defensively) and Parker was imo, the most improved player at Manly....maybe the comp.

Thing is, if Hoppa is ready and firing, this much talent will not be wasted at Blacktown - the big question - if he does force his way in - where will he play ?
This is how it will play out, he'll have a fabulous breakout year, forcing his way onto the wing probably at the expense of Jorge, who may pick up an injury.
We will then win the Grand Final, and then Parramatta as usual will make the Hopoate family an offer they can't refuse, but this time they may have learnt something from their previous mistake and reject the offer as Des will still be with us and make it hard for him to switch coaches, especially if it's still Arthur.
Just sayin

Barring injury, or as a consequence of injuries, I cant see Des wasting the talents of Albert Hoppa, Schuster and Ben T. without giving them some first grade opportunities this year. Will of course depend on Blacktown performances because I think they will all start in the seconds. But by years end there may be some quite significant changes in the first grade backline

This is how it will play out, he'll have a fabulous breakout year, forcing his way onto the wing probably at the expense of Jorge, who may pick up an injury.
We will then win the Grand Final, and then Parramatta as usual will make the Hopoate family an offer they can't refuse, but this time they may have learnt something from their previous mistake and reject the offer as Des will still be with us and make it hard for him to switch coaches, especially if it's still Arthur.
Just sayin
The doggies is the team I am worried about trying to steal him, with brother Will being the big influence to go there

He be in at some stage.
I love the brad Parker turn around but premiership winners show you need class in centres. I believe hopa and Ben turbo will be putting a lot pressure on Parker in 12 months time.
I think Parker is more likely than Suli to be a long-term centre for us, despite Suli's devastating end to 2019. Will be fascinating to see how this all plays out this season.

If Hoppa Jnr is as good as people thinks he is, he will play either in the centres or on the wing.
He has the potential to be better than any of the 4 from 2019.
Des will make the choice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4