Young Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Though your 109% correct he was up against an ordinary backline, without the inside creating space, which did not hapoen, your centre's even Inglis, Lyon will struggle....btw he is not that level yet, but my point is, your inside winning momentum alliws this type player to show their skills, not just "here you go" passes without creating momentum
The way I see it ...
Inglis and Lyon level players create space for them selves through their skill and speed
The way I saw it all those backs were out paced and out played . I never saw any of them with the skill factor of Inglis or Lyon out there
Benchmark time ...
Which top 8 team would hopper harper parker and funa break into ?

Though your 109% correct he was up against an ordinary backline, without the inside creating space, which did not hapoen, your centre's even Inglis, Lyon will struggle....btw he is not that level yet, but my point is, your inside winning momentum alliws this type player to show their skills, not just "here you go" passes without creating momentum
We all have our own opinions here and that is what this wonderful forum is all about

Can this back line win us a grand final
Hopper harper Parker and funa ?
IMO..... No Way

We all have our own opinions here and that is what this wonderful forum is all about

Can this back line win us a grand final
Hopper harper Parker and funa ?
IMO..... No Way
Look ...in a perfect world regardless of everyone on here chasing s new prop, backrower or winger- I take Staggs all day - Phenomenal talent and game breaker...hard to judge young Hoppa after 100 injuries till he plays 10+ games, but Harper is sharp and still a rookie, Funa Im still unsure on and Parker may not win you a game, but can save it if you seen his tackles on Sivo and Don today

Look ...in a perfect world regardless of everyone on here chasing s new prop, backrower or winger- I take Staggs all day - Phenomenal talent and game breaker...hard to judge young Hoppa after 100 injuries till he plays 10+ games, but Harper is sharpand dtill a rookie, Funa Im still unsure on and Parker may not win you a game, but can save it if you seen his tackles on Sivo and Don today
The only young gun i see is schuster . I dont see any others
All the others are slow underwhelming players
Good night mate .

Good night mate .
Schuster is a Special talent.....goodnight Bozo - all will be good 2021 Champ

Good night mate .
Sleep well feathered friend.
There will be a new day with a very new backline starting next year.
Letting in 34 points a game on average over 8 weeks is not first grade rugby league.
There has to be change.
Build it around Tommy, Suli, Parker, Schuster, DCE and maybe Walker.
NYEagle

Letting in 34 points a game on average over 8 weeks is not first grade rugby league.
There has to be change.
NYEagle
Well, already two of those guys can't get on the field due to fragile injury-prone dispositions, and the key "captain" in that group can't do $hit without being carried by superstars around him.

In spite of the nightmare result, I had to laugh in the 2nd half when the Ball Hog King Siro finally passed it to Harper. The look on Harpers face was one of astonishment. He gets tackled, goes to get up and grabs his left hammie. Yes even his hammie was caught unawares by the pass.

There has to be change.
NYEagle
That looks like the same backline to me lol

That looks like the same backline to me lol
Fair point, but the club doesn't have the money for any major upgrades so I am trying to keep at least the players who can defend like 1st grade players.

Some of them might end up backups to who we bring in, but I would literally let most of the others go with only Cust and Miski kept as definite backups.

NYEagle

Fair point, but the club doesn't have the money for any major upgrades so I am trying to keep at least the players who can defend like 1st grade players.

Some of them might end up backups to who we bring in, but I would literally let most of the others go with only Cust and Miski kept as definite backups.

NYEagle
$850k freed up by AFB if reports are correct, $600k from Thompson, plus a number of others being released. Even considering upgrades, Manly had factored that $850k into our cap for 21/22, so we have to have money for at least one quality player surely.

$850k freed up by AFB if reports are correct, $600k from Thompson, plus a number of others being released. Even considering upgrades, Manly had factored that $850k into our cap for 21/22, so we have to have money for at least one quality player surely.
Do you believe Thompson was on that much?

Guesstimates and some reported
850k for AFB
400k for thommo
150k elliot
200k levi
Davey in for wadell
250k Taufua if retired
150k boyle
100k metcalf
100k Hopoate unsigned

Off the top of my head thats 2.2..
Take off 200- 400k for suli and cust upgrades ( possibly fainu )

It may be worth noting AFB may of been let go due to not having the space to pay him the 850k without being over the cap.

Id say a safe estimate would be 1.5.. best case 2ml

Thommo was not on 600 k this season more in the 400 k range and his departure probably previously factored into A F B "s intended upgrade for 2021 . No doubt that still a good deal of cap money freed up with Levi and Metcalf being released also and the balance of A F B."s original contract however . .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4