You wont be going to the races in NSW for your bucks day Fro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
The first thoroughbred has tested positive at Anthony Cummings stables in Randwick. The place will be locked down and almost all horses based at Randwick will end up with it. NSW racing will be out of action for the next month at least, maybe 2.

and most likely no races for my birthday in early October :(

If they prove that AQUIS was responsbible for the outbreak through negligence then there is talk of a class action against them which could run into many tens of millions of dollars in compensation.

Sorry - I should have put a wink after that.

There is a part of me that isn't too perturbed to see the racing shut down, helped by a complete lack of interest.

But my empathetic side feels for the people who are the worker ants of the industry who are going to suffer financially as well as those who are denied a legitimate pleasure for a month or two.

I don't have much sympathy for the queen bees though.

Whats the best bit about watching a horse race?

Placing bets or watching the race?

getting drunk in a suit and chatting up random hot girls looking to be chatted up and laid by drunk guys in suits

getting drunk in a suit and chatting up random hot girls looking to be chatted up and laid by drunk guys in suits

And what does leanne or linder (correction) think about that idea?

Flu kills spring carnival
August 30, 2007 - 2:44PM

Sydney's racing spring carnival is off with confirmation that eight out of 10 racehorses at Anthony Cummings's stable at Randwick racecourse have tested positive for horse flu.

NSW Primary Industries Minister Ian Macdonald said the positive tests spelled the death knell for Sydney's spring carnival, with Randwick racecourse to be quarantined for about two months.

The quarantine would extend for 30 days from the last case of the flu and was expected to go through the Randwick site quickly, he told a media conference today.

Peter V'Landys, the chief executive of Racing NSW said: "This is a dark, dark day for racing."

Ten horses from Cummings's stable were tested, with eight returning positive results to the flu.

They are the first racehorses to test positive since the beginning of the nation's flu crisis.

Until today, the flu had been restricted to the pleasure horse industry.

The first sign of the flu among racehorses came overnight, with the results of initial tests taken from the Cummings-trained Paxton showing the gelding had the highly contagious virus.

About 700 racehorses are trained at Randwick and most are expected to eventually be affected by the virus.

There was some good news, however. The flu testing of racehorses at Warwick Farm, Rosehill, Newcastle and Dubbo courses had all proven negative, Mr Macdonald said.

[quote author=Dan]

And what does leanne or linder (correction) think about that idea?

[/quote]

Who cares they are female, like their opinion counts!

Thanks garts, but theres no ugg boots or flannos in my wardrobe, I am not a fan of the dishlickers, certainly wouldnt spend 3 hrs on a bus to watch it.

You still flying out on the 19th? our flight got moved did you know?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4