You need to read this Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Des i sincerely hope that this is just a joke and your not leaving because I have a few things for you to think about before you sign either way on what you could do to this club if you leave.

You have created probably the most negative relationship with the NRL I have ever seen. Through your constant arguing with David Gallop to the point where our club is on the recieving end of negativity from the owners of the game through News Ltd papers such as the Telegraph.

You have created fortress Brookie where everyone else hates us so much they would rather support New Zealand than see us win a premiership.

Des if you are hanging around to guide us through this i dont mind what you do because I have faith in your being able to steer the ship away from rocks and into safe waters.

However if you are considering leaving, spare a thought for the likes of myself and other supporters who cant change clubs and get off a sinking ship we go down with it, we happily let you put us on a collision course knowing we would come out the opposite end winners. Now however if you leave you will set us onto cruise control straight into the the Rocks and you are going to jump onto another ship and you will avoid all of this albeit with a bag load of cash.
Mate I have great respect for you but I hope that my opinion of you is the same as what you really are. You have to consider what you are doing. Everyone hates us because of people like you who have made us successful but at a cost to our public image. You own that legacy of hatred for us and you have a responsibility to stick around to guide us through it. Everyone besides Manly fans have been preying for this day to come to see our club on the floor scrambling to get up the Dogs and the Eels are like gutless fighters that kick you whilst your on the ground and you are about to consider joining them. Des i dont think you quite realise what it will do to this club if you leave. We will survive, we always do but you will have made every other supporter see us as the laughing stock of Rugby League because we cant keep our **** together as a club and I cant see how you could do that when you are a child of the club albeit adopted from Penrith.

Des you created this fortress dont go and join the opposing army and fire cannon balls down on us. It would simply break our hearts and its not a business because if it was i wouldnt have anything to do with it because it hurts too much to be a business.

Regards
Conan

Tone it down. Des was a great player for Manly and is a great coach for us.
Regardless of whether he leaves I'll still respect him and believe he will return (if he leaves).

The Who said:
Regardless of whether he leaves I'll still respect him and believe he will return (if he leaves).

Hopefully he doesn't need to return because we find a great replacement.

Why tone it down he needs to know what a basket case he will leave this club in if he leaves and takes Crusher and others with him. I think we are all aware that we as a club have no business winning GF's with our budget. Make no mistake Des is responsible for all of our recent success.

Let's put this is perspective. Des played for Penrith before he came to Manly. After sterling service he left to play for Wests (if my memory serves me correctly).
We don't own him. He owes us nothing. But I'm sure his heart will always be with Manly.
Have none of you ever left a club to play/coach for another? I have, but after two seasons I returned to where my heart was. Mine had nothing to do with money; but was more related to a disagreement with some fellow players. But things and circumstances change. Des would always be welcome at my house.

OMG, this must be how the German people felt about Hitler. Adolph Hasler. Fmd, get a grip people. If Des decides to pull the trigger then so be it. We'll start again with a new coach and rebuild. I was getting sick of all this success anyway. By the way, i know this post is stupid and in no way pc, but geez speculation is boring.

Disgraceful hang your heads in shame.
When the real story comes out you will be shown up for the fools you are.

The Truth said:
Disgraceful hang your heads in shame.
When the real story comes out you will be shown up for the fools you are.

Well if you know it maybe you could let the rest of us know? I've got no problem with Des leaving and he has built up the team massively since he started, I just don't want him to take players with him and tear us apart again. And the timing of the deal is crazy so soon after the grand final. I'd expect it if he was re-signing but now that he's resigning you'd think he would have waited a few weeks.

mozgrame said:
. I was getting sick of all this success anyway.

In 2 yrs time you will be crying out for it again,,
.. Not pissed with Des he acomplished more than he probably thought he would..I`m dumb founded how **** happens to us after success... Congratulations Des you truly are a super coach ,the best one the Manly club has ever had( big call i knw) but if you come back to us after your little detour & win a GF for us all again well, then you will be the best coach to ever have coached Manly team so far,

Thanks The Truth, I hope it's not true but there seems to be something going on behind the scenes that isn't helping.

If the rumours aren't true then Manly would have called the press conference today to squash them. Instead its on tomorrow (Dogs also have one tomorrow) My suspicions are it will be confirmed Des to the Dogs in 2013, and the reason for Manlys conference will be that Tooves will be head coach in 2012 with Des alongside him. Heres hoping i'm 100% wrong and Des signs a new 3 year deal!!

EagleRock40 said:
If the rumours aren't true then Manly would have called the press conference today to squash them. Instead its on tomorrow (Dogs also have one tomorrow) My suspicions are it will be confirmed Des to the Dogs in 2013, and the reason for Manlys conference will be that Tooves will be head coach in 2012 with Des alongside him. Heres hoping i'm 100% wrong and Des signs a new 3 year deal!!

I thought the same, although I'm hoping we can talk Des out of it. All we've heard is that Des has agreed to terms not that he has signed anything. When time is the press conference on tomorrow?

EagleRock40 said:

That would be embarrassing if that's the case. I hope he changes his mind and stays I just fear this deal like the hopoate one was done weeks ago and we are being treated like mushrooms. I can't see how as a club we are going to put a positive spin on this, I think this news conference is going to be a farce

Jolores said:
EagleRock40 said:

That would be embarrassing if that's the case. I hope he changes his mind and stays I just fear this deal like the hopoate one was done weeks ago and we are being treated like mushrooms. I can't see how as a club we are going to put a positive spin on this, I think this news conference is going to be a farce

I hope he changes his mind also, but i don't see it happening.

Jolores said:

I agree Jolores

The Who said:

Of all the clubs he has to go to the bulldogs..oh well see you later Dessie Hasbeen bring on Tooves.I just hope the players all stay..If Foran follows Des he will be no better than the other laughing stock of the NRL Darius Boyd following Bennett around like a lovesick puppy.Remember no one person is bigger than the club..if it is true Manly need to get rid of Hasbeen TODAY!!!!

I bet "mr personality" doesn't turn up at many of those post match sea eagles functions this year (if any)!He won't be well received,and rightly so.He,and any that follow him,should be ostracised for their actions.(although the players involved may be sensible enough to keep their mouths shut til next year-couldn't miss out on all that fan adulation!!!!!)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6