You little beauty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will be honest, gave us no hope tonight, hence why was heart is about 1000bpm and I wont sleep til 1am

Intimidation, enthusiasm and guts were the key to the win, defensively that is as good a display as I can remember for a long time. Attack was sharp to begin with, and a bit tired at the end. Foran led us round well, although a couple of options near the end were average.

Forget about the comeback, we were stuffed, due to the best line speed I have seen, and we were hitting hard and intimidating them. Cross was the main man, was like a missile at anything that moved. Matai, Watmough and Foran were always up in their faces and they were always looking, no moreso that Slater looking out for Matai. To hold that intensity for so long was a massive effort, especially with the normal penalty square up disappearing

The pack was awesome tonight. I will happily debate with anybody this week who has a crack at King, he was great and led well. Perry was also good. Stewart awesome as usual, Ballin top notch, and even with the normal 30 seconds of madness, choc was bloody good too. Cross was huge on attack and defence, he and Galuvao are great buys

We need to reprimand Williams every week, he was powerful and aggressive , Matai and Robbo are a top combo, great to see it back. Farrar solid again.

Special mention for Galuvao, his final 10 minutes were massive, hard, straight powerful runs and good tackles too

Feel a bit for Buhrer, but his time will come

Keep an eye on Bailey, solid defence and did some tough runs when needed

Am proud of the blokes tonight, didn't expect that one and still pumped about the courage shown

Amen to that Kiwi, agree with all your comments.  Bellamy's now  making excuses.  Deadhead.

Nice summation as always there Kiwi.  Good stuff.

Great start to the match.  This is so unlike recent years.  And holding them out like they did in the 2nd half was a supreme effort.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Special mention for Galuvao, his final 10 minutes were massive, hard, straight powerful runs and good tackles too

Yeah, I was hoping that he was going to score when he made that run towards the end of the game. He came close but was brought down just metres from the line.

Good call Kiwi, and I agree with everything you said, just imagine if we had Rose/Kite on the bench we wold have smashed them!!

top post Kiwi we are all proud of our boys, the other teams will be looking over their shoulders at us now

YES! we are feared,we were already feared,but now more so,the oppositions will be shttin themselves,we played wel in attackl to lead at the break and defended strongy in the second half,what more could u want

chrisos link said:
YES! we are feared,we were already feared,but now more so,the oppositions will be shttin themselves,we played wel in attackl to lead at the break and defended strongy in the second half,what more could u want

40 nil

Like the rest of you I'm absolutely thrilled with that win. From what I understand, the Storm were 8-0 at Etihad stadium...now make that 9-1.

Anyway, it's all about backing it up against the Titans at Brookie next Monday now. It was a very intense game so, I hope the boys are alright without any injuries.

Aren't they starting well though. If they can maintain that sort of intensity or at least pace themselves for that last 20mins....they are proving very tough to beat.

Well done boys!

Bloody awesome effort tonight, and a gutsy, gutsy win considering the amount of ball they had in the second half. Not a bad player out there for us tonight, everyone dug deep and stepped it up a notch. To do it with only 16 players was also massive. The bookies will be winding us in tomorrow on the back of that defensive performance and I still feel the attack has got some improvement left in it as Hodkinson is getting more involved and Foran just keeps getting better each week.

Must also say, apart from a couple of absolutely ridiculous penalties in the first half, the refs resisted the temptation to piggy back Melbourne and let the rucks work themselves out with a bit of commone sense. Funnily enough I think this frustrated Melbourne as they are used to milking the idiots in pink like a dairy cow and it didn't come for them tonight.

The boys have set a standard for themselves now, the challenge is to meet it each week. Great stuff.

Ot putting bhurer on was good coaching from DES. He would have been destroyed. He will understand though and get his shot.

Brave coaching to only use 16 too!

Jethro link said:

Yea, I texted that to several mates last night when manly were leading 16-0 and all over them... Hahahahaha, stoked!

Right on Kiwi, so happy with a win @ Docklands!
Great effort by the Manly boys - that first half they sure gave it to the storm, heavy pressure with some good mistake-free footy.

Sure in the 2nd half the storm messed up a lot, but overall we deserved that win and they can look back on the first 50mins especially with pride and take a victory over the storm.

I'll be flying my Manly flag at work today.

YEE-HAA!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8