Yesterdays heroes?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
How many ex-Manly players who were touted as potential great players?

Anyone remember Jamie Olejnik over 5 years including one year at penrith, A year with the Westerns reds and 3 years at Manly for a total of 39 1st grade games. Out of the 3 years at manly he played 21 1st grade games.

There are the likes of Aaron Groom and Luke Dorn. Just for a bit of fun who else can you think of?

Tasesa Lavea, Paul Shaw, Ashley Alberts, ??? Lennon, Cuthbo, ...it's  a long list. Might be able to add DCE to it at the end of this year as well, but let's hope not.

Craig Field was never touted as a great anything.

Ashley Alberts
Sam Harris
Kane Cleal
Paul Stephenson (sorry Fonz I liked him)
Brett Fulton :)

I'll come clean, I told all and sundry that Shannon Nevin was the next big thing....D'oh!

I watched a game from '93 the other night with Olejnik in it. He was getting a big wrap from the commentators with the usual "this guy will be a star" etc etc
So too was Jack Elsegood.

Shannon nevin can go on the list, he impressed a lot of people when he filled in for mathew ridge in the mid 90's.

lsz link said:
Point of clarification

Touted by people on the forum or others?

Either, but generally commentators.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297858090[/time]

I just thought of another two Grant "Squasher"Wooden and Mal Kafusi.

He was good, until he got picked in 1st grade, then it was obvious he was just a good reserve grader.

No shame in that, still better than most on here.

Like Phil Moorwood, couldnt quite handle the step up.

You only have to Google a list of past players to see how many there are, the list would fill a page BUT that would be the same at every club I imagine

hehe I must admit I was a fan, he was never our greatest player but he always ahad a go which is more than a few those days.

Anyone remember Barry Reidy the next Des Hasler or Michael Peachy the next Mal Meninga

Shane Neumann was one a few were making statements to be a future star but didn't cut it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6