Year 2000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Just came across this in cyberspace. My, my, how scary.

Round 26 V Auckland

Northern Eagles:1.Brendon Reeves, 2. Andrew Frew, 3.Albert Torrens, 6.Michael Buettner, 4.Andrew King, 6.Michael Sullivan, 7.Matt Orford, 13.Owen Cunningham, 11.Steve Menzies,12.Adam Muir, 10.Paul Stringer, 9.Geoff Toovey, 8.Mark O'Meley. Int. 5.Joel Penny,14.Daniel Gartner, 15.Steve Trindall,17.Jamie Goddard

Round 25 V Penrith

Northern Eagles:1.Andrew King, 2. Andrew Frew, 3.Albert Torrens, 4.Michael Buettner, 5.Joel Penny, 6.Brendon Reeves, 7.Matt Orford, 13.Owen Cunningham, 11.Steve Menzies,12.Adam Muir, 10.Paul Stringer, 9.Geoff Toovey, 8.Mark O'Meley. Int. 14.Steve Trindall, 15.Josh Stuart,16.Jamie Goddard, 17.Dragan Durdevic

Round 23 V Brisbane

Northern Eagles:1.Brendon Reeves, 21. Eparama Navale, 3.Albert Torrens, 11.Steve Menzies, 4.Andrew King, 6.Michael Buettner, 7.Matt Orford, 13.Daniel Gartner, 12.Adam Muir, 16.Dragan Durdevic, 10. Paul Stringer, 9.Geoff Toovey, 8.Steve Trindall. Int. 14.Owen Cunningham, 15.Josh Stuart,17.Jamie Goddard, 20.Scott Asimus

Round 18 V Sydney Roosters

Northern Eagles:1.Andrew King, 19. Andrew Frew, 3.Albert Torrens, 4.Nigel Roy, 5.Josh Smith, 18.Adam Hayden, 7.Matt Orford, 13.Daniel Gartner, 12.Dragan Durdevic, 11.Steve Menzies, 10. Paul Stringer, 9.Jamie Goddard, 8.Steve Trindall. Int. 14.Owen Cunningham, 15.Greg Ebrill, 16.Damian Driscoll, 17.Jay Bandy

http://www.zip.com.au/~gfiveash/results.htm

Yes, i remember these times all too well. You would have thought the 2 starting bookends were a pretty convincing pair. Trindall & Stuart didnt do much in comparison, but there were games when Ogre and back back Stringer performed very well.

Some of those names just haunt me.

16.Dragan Durdevic
5.Joel Penny
20.Scott Asimus
15.Greg Ebrill,
16.Damian Driscoll
17.Jay Bandy

16.Dragan Durdevic
5.Joel Penny
20.Scott Asimus
15.Greg Ebrill,
16.Damian Driscoll
17.Jay Bandy

Agree, really this thread is in bad taste & should be deleted. You can add Steve Trindall, Andrew Frew & Buentner to that list for me

[quote author=clontaago]

16.Dragan Durdevic
5.Joel Penny
20.Scott Asimus
15.Greg Ebrill,
16.Damian Driscoll
17.Jay Bandy

Agree, really this thread is in bad taste & should be deleted. You can add Steve Trindall, Andrew Frew & Buentner to that list for me
[/quote]

I bet that Nigel roy or Roy Nigel was your favourite. Or Eparama Navale (I think that he is still playing union now) or Adam Hayden.

How the hell did Peter Sharp come up with these sort of teams when he had the combined norths/manly first grade teams to chose from? I reckon that a team made up of the players that he let go would have smashed these teams.

This starting pack is better than our 2007 starting pack:

13.Owen Cunningham, 11.Steve Menzies,12.Adam Muir, 10.Paul Stringer, 9.Geoff Toovey, 8.Mark O'Meley.

And I would kill to have Gartner coming off the bench and Kosef about to return from injury.

at their peak it definatly was a good pack

but back then o'mealy didnt offer much, stringer wasnt any better, OJ, tooves, gartner and kosef were all at the end of their careers so certainly wouldnt have been as good as it reads

How often did Toovey drop the ball at Dummy half that year..........

A fair few times. I recall one in particular. Twas right on the oppositions line, northern end at Gosford. Fumbled the pickup 3 times before it falconed him and eventually he fell on it to knock on. Though he was going to hand it directly to one of my kids he was that close. TV that night repeated over and over again.

13.Owen Cunningham vs ??? Glenn Stewart? (Cunningham)
12. Adam Muir vs Anthony Watmough (tie)
11. Steve Menzies then vs Steve Menzies now (Steve Menzies then)
10. Stringer vs King (Stringer)
9. Toovey vs Moanas (Toovey)
8. Kite vs O'Meley (tie)

Go figure

10.Paul Stringer, 9.Geoff Toovey, 8.Mark O'Meley.

Mata is that list based on names alone?

Because I'd take the majority of today's list with the performances those players from 2000 gave to the NE.

kite today is far better than o'mealy was then but hey dont let facts get in the way of a good story

well although i agree with the statements based on careers i disagree with using it in this situation

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4