• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbo
Schuster (there I've said it)
Kelly
Walker
Jorge (injury?)
Green
DCE
AFB
Api
Myles
Siro
Kapow
Turbo

Hastings/Brown (I'm pretty ambivalent, also Cullen eventually)
BJ
Winterstein
Perrett or Lane
Thankyou Ricardo...imo u cant have 2 doods as wingers who are both clearly suss as hell under the high ball. It simply is a recipe for disaster. Schuster was a fullback all last yr-the kid can catch..he can tackle..and hes the quickest in the club over 40 metres including TT...For Gods sake the 'safe option' with both Uate and Jorge is NOT going to work. Teams will bomb bomb bomb and before we know it well be 1-3 and everyone panicks. Time for some ballsy logical decisions.

Lussick, Myles, Lawrence, AFB, Kapow, Perrett that is 5, possibly 6 first rate props. And no downside at rotation time. We use 5 a game. Not many spare to cover injury/suspension.

I just wouldn't weaken the all important front row to strengthen the 2nd Row when we have so many more alternatives for back rowers
Appreciate that view; however, I don't think we will carry three front rowers on the bench. I think we will have a utility - Brown (Hastings/Api), two props and a backrower. So four props total out of our six.

If we are relying on Winterstein, Kennedy and Brown in the one team for backrow rotation, I think we will struggle.

Edit: great debate @Woodsie, that's what this forum is about - some good points made.

Last edited:
The difference is that we have others at the club that can do what Tafua can do, not so much with Kelly.
Age and experience make a difference as well. Jorge isnt going to suddenly change.
Tbh only Uate can almost match Tafua with his running metres from ruck Kelly wont be offering that. Kelly hasn't played NRL yet no point in saying he does this that and the other when he hasnt at the level where it matters most NRL. But i understand about Tafua he will be moving on soon.

Both Taufua and Kelly had 2 drop balls and a miss tackle leading into a try last night yet everyone is only remembering Taufua lol
Yes, although they'll get used to each other the more time they spend together. So will improve defensively in such situations at the very least

1- T Trbojevic
2- J Taufua
3- D Walker GK
4- B Kelly
5- A Uate
6- B Green
7- D Cherry-Evans C
8- D Lussick (A Fonua-Blake)
9- A Koroisau
10- N Myles
11- M Taupau
12- C Sironen
13- J Trbojevic VC

14- J Hastings/C Cullen
15- B Lawrence
16- A Fonua-Blake (J Kennedy)
17- S Lane

1- T Trbojevic
2- J Taufua
3- D Walker
4- B Kelly
5- A Uate
6- B Green
7- D Cherry-Evans
8- D Lussick
9- A Koroisau
10- N Myles
11- M Taupau
12- C Sironen
13- J Trbojevic

14- J Hastings
15- B Lawrence
16- A Fonua-Blake
17- S Lane
D6951E49-06AF-4288-B5F4-AD55AAC5B044-6929-000006A726B47948_tmp.jpg

Welcome back Turbo

Appreciate that view; however, I don't think we will carry three front rowers on the bench. I think we will have a utility - Brown (Hastings/Api), two props and a backrower. So four props total out of our six.

If we are relying on Winterstein, Kennedy and Brown in the one team for backrow rotation, I think we will struggle.

Edit: great debate @Woodsie, that's what this forum is about - some good points made.
Agree, I really can't see Lewis Brown making the side unless injury strikes us. I'd like Cullen in the No.9 however I think Api's got it for now meaning Hastings and Cullen fighting for that one utility spot. With props i'd go for Lawrence and Perrett (myles will somehow end up with one) and I suppose we'd have lane as that second-rower, who if poor, will be replaced by either Jamily Hoppa, Winterstein or possibly even Billy Bainbridge if prepared.

Tbh only Uate can almost match Tafua with his running metres from ruck Kelly wont be offering that. Kelly hasn't played NRL yet no point in saying he does this that and the other when he hasnt at the level where it matters most NRL. But i understand about Tafua he will be moving
Tbh only Uate can almost match Tafua with his running metres from ruck Kelly wont be offering that. Kelly hasn't played NRL yet no point in saying he does this that and the other when he hasnt at the level where it matters most NRL. But i understand about Tafua he will be moving on soon.

You seem to be comparing Jorge and Kelly as if they are competing for the same spot on the side.

Agree, I really can't see Lewis Brown making the side unless injury strikes us. I'd like Cullen in the No.9 however I think Api's got it for now meaning Hastings and Cullen fighting for that one utility spot. With props i'd go for Lawrence and Perrett (myles will somehow end up with one) and I suppose we'd have lane as that second-rower, who if poor, will be replaced by either Jamily Hoppa, Winterstein or possibly even Billy Bainbridge if prepared.
If Lane steps up then I think @Woodsie might be right and Tapau will stay at prop, if he doesn't and Perrett steps up then Tapau might go back to the backrow.

As for Bainbridge and Jamil, I've only seen a couple of games of both of them. I am going more from comments of those who watch them a lot like @Hgbcds. It sounds like they have first grade written all over them, just maybe next year more than this (unless injuries hit).

Not sure if Tafuas injury last night was serious but if it is and he cant play first round im pretty sure Kelly will be debuting.

Sorry @mave i was lol but im pretty sure if either jono uate or tafua are injured/suspended kelly will get first pick

Last edited:
Baz put Cullen in the hooker spot for API in the second half and brown second row for frank maybe a sign
Cullen scored a fantastic try on debut for the Titans last year .
Cullen would be my pick ahead of Brown on the bench on form in the trials so far . Cullen is a young man on the way up and Brown is past it IMO . If Barrett picks players on form from the trials then Cullen is ahead of Brown .
The footage of this try from his NRL debut last year is what this 23 year old determined young man with fire in his belly is capable of . Cullen has vision skill and heart
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2016/04/12/debut_try_gets_the_v.html

Personally, I'd have Hastings on the bench ahead of both Brown and Cullen. He offers the coverage we need. He covers halves, hooker and backline. Cullen only covers halves and hooker, Brown only covers hooker and backrow (don't rate him as backline cover at all).

As we will have three forwards on the bench, we don't need the utility to cover a backrow position. Hastings proves to be the best cover for the positions we need. I expect we will start with Brown due to an injury disrupted preseason for Hastings; however, by round five I think he might be in. If he is there for round 1 then even better, I just don't see it.

Cullen scored a fantastic try on debut for the Titans last year .
Cullen would be my pick ahead of Brown on the bench on form in the trials so far . Cullen is a young man on the way up and Brown is past it IMO . If Barrett picks players on form from the trials then Cullen is ahead of Brown .
The footage of this try from his NRL debut last year is what this 23 year old determined young man with fire in his belly is capable of . Cullen has vision skill and heart
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2016/04/12/debut_try_gets_the_v.html
I know your not a lover of brown but he is a better defender imo and can cover more positions.Do like Cullen's speed around the ruck though

I know your not a lover of brown but he is a better defender imo and can cover more positions.Do like Cullen's speed around the ruck though
From what I have seen of Brown from last year covering for the backs and for the forwards and in the trials this year there is nothing to love about his playing ability .
Brown is too slow for the backs too weak for the forwards .
Brown is just a body in a Manly jumper with a number on his back .
Brown is a passenger and we don't have any room for him in our Mighty Manly Machine that is going places this year.
Brown is so predictable he is like watching snow falling slowly .
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Maybe, but Brown brings an apple for Twenty each day at training. Remember, an apple a day keeps the newbies away.....

1- T Trbojevic
2- J Taufua
3- D Walker
4- B Kelly
5- A Uate
6- B Green
7- D Cherry-Evans
8- A Fonua-Blake
9- A Koroisau
10- N Myles
11- M Taupau
12- C Sironen
13- J Trbojevic

14- J Hastings
15- B Lawrence
16- J Kennedy
17- L Perrett

J Kennedy the player to come in till Lussick gets back
Hoping Kelly gets the nod over the Wrights
No room for Brown Hastings gets the nod there but i dare say TB will give it to Brown till Hastings cant be left out

Personally, I'd have Hastings on the bench ahead of both Brown and Cullen. He offers the coverage we need. He covers halves, hooker and backline. Cullen only covers halves and hooker, Brown only covers hooker and backrow (don't rate him as backline cover at all).

As we will have three forwards on the bench, we don't need the utility to cover a backrow position. Hastings proves to be the best cover for the positions we need. I expect we will start with Brown due to an injury disrupted preseason for Hastings; however, by round five I think he might be in. If he is there for round 1 then even better, I just don't see it.

Hasting is a great option but at the moment Cullen is a fitter option and on form . The pleasing thing about this season is we have depth and competiton brings the best out of the players .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10