YAAEF - yet another AE forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no doubt I made a mistake. Sorry, and I will hopefully not repeat it.

You certainly don't make mistakes when choosing fine red wines though, sir ! Never forget that drop you brought over to my joint - completely ruined red wine for me since, because nothing has ever compared.

You remember what it was mate?

1990 bin 407 if I recall it correctly. Went down very nicely :) if we want to have a better one then we need to get extra friendly with Mark from Brisbane.

@Mark from Brisbane - thought's mate? Do we consider a gathering of like mind's to share a drop of the ol' red?

Love my Reds!!

Although my Granges and Hill of Grace are " off limits".

I have some other older Penfolds, bought a case of St Henri Shiraz in 1987, still have some of those left.

I usually buy lots of 12 or 6 and keep them stored in my wine fridge at a very steady 15 -16 degrees.

@ManlyBacker would love an invite.

Mostly South Oz reds,although I do have a number of Lakes Folly from the Hunter.

I should add St Hallet is another favourite brand of mine, have some early 90's of theirs almost ready!!

Naww i was a little noob on these forums when this thread began. A spring chicken 22 years of age. Good times.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Love my Reds!!

Although my Granges and Hill of Grace are " off limits".

I have some other older Penfolds, bought a case of St Henri Shiraz in 1987, still have some of those left.

I usually buy lots of 12 or 6 and keep them stored in my wine fridge at a very steady 15 -16 degrees.

@ManlyBacker would love an invite.

Mostly South Oz reds,although I do have a number of Lakes Folly from the Hunter.

Good call on the st henri Mark.

My favourite drop

My local pub had a wine tasting in the early nineties with graham Wynn and Penfolds

My mate owned the pub and mad dragon supporter

The tasting Wasn't well attended but if you bought 6 bottles you went into the dram for a doz 407 and 389 which I won ( lucky draw)

What was unknown at the time was that 24 of each was bought by the pub due to the poor attendance

The pub recently sold by my mate and Lo and behold the plonk was still left in the same boxes at the back of bottle shop

No one has discovered that the 4 boxes have disappeared

If I find out where they are I will let you know

Great local and apart from a dragon supporter great mate

Good call on the st henri Mark.

My favourite drop
I probably have about 15 of them, 6 of the old ones and then a single every few years after that , I agree ( and in fact it's better drinking than Grange....much to most people's surprise ).

Grange is quite different , I in fact don't find it as smooth as a St Henri

Sorry guys I'm out, my plonk of choice is mescato sweet lips

Mostly because i can guzzle it at will with only an ounce of shame

Guzzling your brew is blasphemy and obscenely expensive,I'm not a trendy asshole :p
I quite like the Albert Heijn Biologische Chardonnay in a cask for 9 Euro

Lol what? I'm not having a go at anyone, i was expressing lack of class on my part and a redneck pallette

It's actually self depreciation not putting anyone down but myself, i know nothing of fine alcohol, my drink is Maker's mark with coke and not sure if whisky bourbon, scotch bourbon or all 3,my knowledge of alcohol is such that i thought beam with cinnamon would be a grouse idea (imo it's revolting)

I don't know why you continue to think the worst intentions and I'm starting to care less and less, there is no meta game going on here,when i used the word guzzle i meant upend the bottle because your half cut and drop it like it's hot

Do you know what goon of fortune is? That's the extent of my taste in high class beverages

I only have a true go at people on here when they constantly irritate me like Jerry and some reason i can't remember currently if it looks like I'm having a go at someone it's probably a negative Nancy or a hater of the coach

Time to let go of that ill will, how can a martyr be there's no cause to fall for? I don't understand what I'm a martyr for.....anyway maybe try to understand I'm not playing some weird meta game, sorry but that's straight up tinfoil hat,none of the people in this thread are in my **** list

If you want real angst you should help out on this european tender I am doing

I quite like the Albert Heijn Biologische Chardonnay in a cask for 9 Euro
Cheap gear is the ticket of the binge drink, i don't always drink but when i do **** gets messy

I don't really ever get a chance to drink so when i do i hit it hard,I'm not having a dig

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4