Xavier Coates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Coates wears the position well, he really warmed it up, not too heavy for winter, could really go well if there was a scarf and beanie to go with him

It would be good to have Coates as he seems like he will be an excellent winger for some years.

Funa did say in his post match interview that his mistake in the first half was being too keen and contesting the ball against coates. In the second he waited until Coates got the ball then tackled.

Well... Broncos didn't score in the second so something worked, and it was pleasing to hear Funa speak like this. He also said he didn't celebrate his first try so much as he knew he had let the team down re marking coates.

Coates - good
Funa - also good

Is Dan is good
Dan's puns - not good. lol

The new GI/Folau gets bandied around a fair bit. This bloke is in the mould of tall rangey fast powerful outside backs. Will go well. Is not the new messiah.

Susan has been watching him for some time and has assured us he is something special and the glimpses I saw on Thursday are definitely consistent with that. He looks like a really exciting player, but not quite sure why anyone would think we'll be trying to sign him (other than to push his price up). We have plenty of high-priced superstars already, I think far more likely we'll keep going for Saab and Morgan types to fill other spots in our roster.

The high kick to a tall winger is becoming the most prevalent way of scoring these days. And yet, I don't think we have scored from a kick in the five games this season.

I don’t know mate. I did sone homework on Coates before the match he’s basically like folau in how high he can get up. He will be a gun that kid and won’t lose his spot. Can’t be too tough on funa as Coates would have done the same to Jorge (possibly even more so) imo. Still early days for mine. Already hating the injuries tho. I’d like to see this schuster at sone point tho.
Jorge would've belted him the second he hit the ground, after which Coates would've been the invisible man

Young Hoppa and Funa seem to be the next line of winger prospects for Manly so does not look like much a priority for extra rangy type wingers [ except for possibly Saab ] Garrick and Tom have shown that they are more then capable of taking a decent bomb opportunity and probably just need some more opportunities in this area to show their proess .

As GE said I thought Funa in the second half adapted very well. This kid scored tries at Will at Seagulls and mostly because opponents tried to compete with him. Unless he is on or over the line far better to let him catch it and tackle him. The new rule makes that very difficult on the line though.
Like footballers who work it out on the run and Funa did that well. He will get better.

After watching Sam Walker and Reece Walsh star for rival clubs, the Broncos are facing the prospect of losing another talented youngster in Xavier Coates.

News Corp reports the Storm are close to signing the 20-year-old after he flew to Melbourne over the weekend to tour their facilities.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2