X-FACTOR

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm always wary of X-Factor types. Dylan Walker showed his X-Factor tonight. Made some nice breaks, could have set up two tries, but then made horrible mistakes defensively. Never quite sure you gain more than you lose with players of that type.
I see what your saying and agree to a certain extent. Brimson made big impact and looked dangerous when he touched the ball nearly all the time, something we lacked I thought.

Been winning well without our best X factors through energy and Attitude, that was sadly not there tonight

Teams need X-factor players but they need organising players more. Roberts killed us tonight. Players like Roberts, Cronk, Brookes, Keary and Malone make the whole team work better and the points flow from them even if they don’t score them themselves. I think Cade may grow into that type of player but time will tell.

Walker has had two games back He is a class above our other options Parker Suli and co. They will never be representative players despite being good club men.

This was a loss justvwaiting to happen. Eventually we were always going to need DCE and Turbot.
We will lose the next two games as well. Our class players wil get us into the eight at the back end .

Walker has had two games back He is a class above our other options Parker Suli and co. They will never be representative players despite being good club men.

This was a loss justvwaiting to happen. Eventually we were always going to need DCE and Turbot.
We will lose the next two games as well. Our class players wil get us into the eight at the back end .
True ,but he needs to get in the defensive line and hold his own & stop being caught out of position. Hopefully Des can get him in line quickly.

Manly’s defence seem to be worse with Dylan Walker in the team.
Dont forget it's only game 2 for Walker under the Des defence plan. It's taken the majority of players 4 or 5 rounds to understand their roles and structure.
DW still has a bit of TB defence in him. That won't last long.

I'm always wary of X-Factor types. Dylan Walker showed his X-Factor tonight. Made some nice breaks, could have set up two tries, but then made horrible mistakes defensively. Never quite sure you gain more than you lose with players of that type.

Walker had some good moments towards the end however he and Garrick ran 400 metres sideways tonight. It was doing my head in.

Paseka was good in his 7 minute stint - too little - too late, Walker looked sharp but got the ball in weird situations making heaps of ground sideways, once we get the T Bros and DCE back all will look far different.
The players looking most likely tonight to find space were the 9's with more direct running and Miski/Elliott made a few decent runs....though in all honesty - the real X factors for Manly were not on ground tonight.

I'm not being racist, but I wish we had some of that natural raw indigenous talent flooded throughout the NRL.

We are predictable and lame in attack.

We need to stand deeper as an attacking line, and run the ball with much more speed and intensity.

Our passing needs to be much more crisp.

Elgey carved up when he had more time at The Gold Coast. The reason he had more time (his forwards were average) is because they stood deeper and ran harder out wide.

A lot of our metres (to my eyes) are post contAct metres. We need a Napa / JWH forward that plays with intimidation, and we don't have that.

Choc used to be that guy. Joined by Matai. Joined by Taufua even. We've become soft. Know what soft was? The Bears. And it never got them anywhere.

It's why players line Danny Williams and Josh Stuart (grubs yes) got them to the finals. Heck, even one of my favorites in Glenn Morrison added mongrel.

Summary:
+ We need more aggression and intensity
+ We need to run with more intent
+ Des flat attack sucks , we get dominated in the ruck and in tackles, and we don't roll forward
+ We need an attitude adjustment. Our okay the balls are horrendously slow
+ We are really struggling more as the season rolls on in defense - we stand back, and let opposition 6's tear us a new arsehole. See the rookies the past 2 weeks dominating us.
+ Man up. Stop being push overs. Cement drinks for all the players. Where is the calf's blood?

Our kicking game has been diabolical over the last fortnight. If they can’t get that right we don’t make the 8. Forwards run out of gas quickly when the majority of your sets are bringing the ball out of your red zone. How hard can it be to kick into the corners. Up and unders with tap backs is garbage.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10