X-factor determined to rattle a few more opposing defences

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
MARTY Taupau’s explosive performance in his first ever 80 minute game time match in the NRL shows what a gilt edge investment he is for the future of the Sea Eagles.

Taupau was scary in a rampaging attacking effort on Monday against the Wests Tigers and the

following revelation from him after the match stunned everyone.

“That was my first ever full game in the NRL — I now have a platform to build on going forward,” he said.

It is easy to forget that Taupau is just 26 and he has only played 68 games of first grade in the NRL.

In forward terms he has only just completed his apprenticeship years.

v1

Taupau can only get better as he fits in with a completely new forward pack still trying to find combinations.

His performance was all the more impressive because of the fact he was playing his former club in what is a real cauldron at Leichhardt Oval. Taupau relished the challenge and his career at Manly is now off and running.

He is sure to become a crowd favourite at Brookvale with his fearless playing style. He is looking forward to Monday’s clash against the Sharks at his new home ground.

1d7009cf38af7236ce23ea4698317b53

Manly's Martin Taupau is tackled during the Wests Tigers game at Leichhardt Oval on Monday.
BALLIN RETURNS

IT was great to see two time Sea Eagles premiership hooker Matt Ballin in the Manly dressing room straight after Monday night’s game against the Wests Tigers.

Ballin spent more than 50 minutes with his former team mates and was made most welcome by the team, coaching staff and management.

The popular Ballin is still six weeks away from making his debut for the Tigers following a serious knee operation last year.

BRILLIANT BRENTON

BRENTON Lawrence’s return to the NRL and to something approaching his very best form is nothing short of amazing.

Lawrence underwent a seriously complicated back operation last year and there have been times when it appeared he was most unlikely to make it back anywhere near the form he showed in 2014 when he was one of the best front rowers in the competition.

But Lawrence, through sheer determination and hard work, has made it back into the Sea Eagles top 17 and his performance from the bench last Monday against the Tigers was outstanding.

He made a huge difference from the bench when he came into the game with his side down 16-2 and played a major role in getting his side back on level terms soon after half time.

Lawrence says he simply wants to play his part in the team and is convinced the side can be a big player in this year’s premiership.

SNAKE STILL A CHANCE

A traditional Captain’s Run at training on Sunday in an hour long session at Brookvale Oval will decide if Brett Stewart will play against Cronulla on Monday night.

Stewart is very close to playing but won’t risk his hamstring problem if it isn’t right on what may be a wet surface.

“It is a long season and I won’t play unless it is right. I can’t believe people are writing us off after two rounds. The season hasn’t started yet and I am confident in the team and coaching staff we have. I know true Manly fans will be right behind us,” Stewart said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/ee1e906de63166a96456e029571b93a7

BALLIN RETURNS

IT was great to see two time Sea Eagles premiership hooker Matt Ballin in the Manly dressing room straight after Monday night’s game against the Wests Tigers.

Ballin spent more than 50 minutes with his former team mates and was made most welcome by the team, coaching staff and management.

The popular Ballin is still six weeks away from making his debut for the Tigers following a serious knee operation last year.
Really great to see Matty B made welcome by the club after the game. Hopefully he will be back with us in some capacity after he hangs up his boots.

The fact that he spent 50 minutes in our rooms after the game kinda shows where Matty Ballin would rather be doesn't it.
And yet he isn't there all the time, courtesy of the Northern Beaches equivalent of the Bourbon dynasty.

Of whom Charles de Talleyrand wrote that "they had learned nothing and forgotten nothing."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7