Wynnum's reasons for dissolving Manly Partnership!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

Taken straight from the Wynnum-Manly RLFC Website: http://www.wynnumseagulls.com.au/content/view/177/97/

A new NRL partnership structure is also a key part of the Seagulls strategic growth. The partnership between the Wynnum Seagulls RLFC and The Manly Sea Eagles has now been officially dissolved due to the lack of commitment by the Sydneysiders. The Seagulls have been frustrated for much of season 2005 at the lack of interest shown by Manly and therefore chose to part company and seek a more workable relationship. In the coming weeks an announcement will be made securing a long term partnership option for the Seagulls that will provide a beneficial pathway for junior players throughout the bayside district. These negotiations have been underway for several months and a new affiliation is close to being finalized.

Now we know the full story! Broncos have wrapped them up and are promising to look after them.

"Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned!!!"

I honestly think it is all Brisbanes work. They have snapped up Redcliffe from the Roosters also, looks like they may be trying to grab whatever part of SE Qld they can before the Gold Coast does. They've always been paranoid and opposed to a 2nd NRL team within cooee of Brisbane, I doubt anything has changed behind closed doors.

It's a sad day when the good burghers of Eastern Brisbane have the temerity to call us schmucks.

No doubt Zorba was "nurturing" the relationship.

Pretty good junior area too............

I don't know much about this deal but it never appeared to produce anything for us in the two years it was on.

However I would ahve thought the club would have tried to stitch up as amany juniors areas as possible.

Maybe finances or lack there of had something to do with it.

Golf claps all round for our clubs managment.

Another day- another **** up.

They have some good juniors there.

Who needs juniors anyhow when you can pay overs for a PL standard player?

I don't know much about this deal but it never appeared to produce anything for us in the two years it was on.
And now we know why. A signature on a piece of paper and a weekly phone call don't really cut it do they?

I dare say the Broncos will show a fair degree more commitment and professionalism than our schmuck of a "football" manager has.

Too much time managing balls and fiddling whilst Wynnum burned.

Maybe it was because the only thing we did for them was send up Grant Wooden & Gary White.

They can have our football manager if they want. And our media department.

Perhaps if the CEO of wynnum spent more time on internet forums he would see that our managment do actually do stuff... they're just a little busy dealing their "so-called supporters" so wynnum just have to wait a little longer to see their benefits.

What, gestapo style moderation of forums to ensure that Zorba and Saunders don't get criticised?

Talk about putting the fox in charge of the hen house!

I find when watching that competition up there, The Norths Devils seem to get the better payers anyhow for some reason. Last year they had Inglis & Cronk I think. I could be wrong though.

Didn't the Young Guns (Cowboys) win the Qld Cup this year? Defeating the Burleigh Bears.

Wynnum didn't even make the finals. The important issue is how they went in the junior comps.

A big issue related to this is pathways for young players to get to the top.

The NSW thought of bringing young kids to Sydney to live away from family and friends at a young age to play sport is not ideal for a lot of people. (Jamie Lyons is not an isolated matter!)

To have a wide pool in juniors, with easy access and a high standard of competition is ideal. It will be very hard to get access to good youngsters in QLD, especially as the Coast come in and the other two teams continue to spread their tentacles.

A key acquisition is Shane McNally as fulltime Development Manager. As part of our strategic growth the Wynnum Seagulls always planned to commit someone to this position in 2006. Ikin Store it will come on board as a major sponsor of the Seagulls Junior Development program in conjunction with the Wynnum Manly Leagues Club who continues to support junior sport on the Bayside. Shane brings an enormous amount of experience and dedication to the development of Rugby League that will only benefit the junior and senior clubs within the bayside district. Shane will also assist Neil Wharton as part of the Wynnum Seagulls coaching staff as the Seagulls look to rebuild for 2006.

Shane spent 5 years as a Development Officer with the QRL in Brisbane before heading to the Northern territory as Head Coach at the NT Institute of Sport. After 4 yrs he then moved to England as Assistant Coach of Super League Club, Wakefield Trinity in 2002. His progression continued when he was appointed Head Coach of Wakefield and was awarded the Super League Coach of the Year in 2004. Shane returned to Australia for family reasons and will renew old acquaintances as he sets about putting in place a structure that will help develop junior rugby league on the Bayside as well as providing assistance to Neil Wharton within the senior structure.

Perception from my side is that Manly's tentacles are leaning toward the NZ a lot more with Crusher. To be honest, I'm not too unhappy about that.

There's good kids out in the country. I tend to find that country kids are more dedicated than us city folks to attaining goals, because they are generally more grounded. If we uncover ONE superstar like Lyon, Hindmarsh etc, we'll be doing VERY well.

My theory on country kids is that they're not wrapped in cotton wool. I'd imagine most city mums would have a fit at what my boys get up to in the reserve down by the river.

But boys will be boys and adversity breeds character. Our second one could swim like a fish at 2 years old. It just wouldn't have happened that way in the city unless we'd pushed him into swimming lessons and then he might have eneded up hating it anyway.

It's a shame Crusher wasn't tipped off by ZORBA to those kids in Griffith that ended up the property of the Roosters. Try returning calls next time champ.

You highlight what worries me - no reply to good info like that and no action, Wynnum dumping us and even local boys being successfully courted by Rugby rather than league.

I am also concerned about reports that some of our young blokes aren't being looked afters as well as they might in their formative years (though hopefully that is not fact - who really knows!!!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4