• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
In The Mole in RLW today - Tony Williams will remain on Manly’s books for 2013- and earn $80,000 for the pleasure thanks to bizarre contract

Berkeley_Eagle said:
In The Mole in RLW today - Tony Williams will remain on Manly’s books for 2013- and earn $80,000 for the pleasure thanks to bizarre contract

Surely in that case they could either play him(god please no) or choose to sit him out and deny his use (cough) to others.

Sounds like bs to me.

After the 'official' thread debacle, I'm holding my thoughts - 'cept for that one!

Well for 80K lets hope he makes them worse, I would gladly pay $80K a year to make sure he throws games away for the dogs lol I dont see a downside..

Didn't he have an option with us for next year in his orginal contract ?? I'm sure he signed a two year "deal" last season.

One can only assume from this, that he exercised that option and we had to shop him to the Dogs because of cap pressure upgrading/retaining others. We must be picking up the difference between the two contracts as Dogs wouldn't front for the full amount.

I'm guessing its because we couldn't fit in his salary from the last few years under the cap and had to defer it to 2013, thus we are still liable for it.

The true facts about his back injury have never come out. He was walking wounded for all those rounds. In pain, I reckon.

Re Trex Longevity: here's hoping he is the worst "paid overs" $500k (or whatever it was) deal the Dogs have ever done. paying 80k to get rid of him is almost a bargain.

How much DID the bow wows pay for TDog ?

Is this the reason we are losing Kitey?:dodgy:

T-Rex should be man enough to release Manly from the 80k as he wasted 11 weeks on the sidelines in 2012:exclamation:
Still happy that he won't be frustrating us on the field at least (reportedly at $600k for Dogs next 3 Seasons).

Shows the true deviant nature of the Son of Sam:mad:
But the Dogs deconstruction, makes this off season a fun one, so suck it (to quote one of the 'family club' Dogs) SoS:p

Lets hope that Perry now has a spreadsheet of every Player's Contract dates and amounts committed:idea:

This is actually a pretty common thing around the NRL

At 1 stage years ago Todd Payten was collecting money from the Raiders, Roosters and Tigers all at the same time

Probably deferred payments as mentioned before. Common thing in sports, particularly Major League Baseball. Bobby Bonilla is guaranteed $1,000,000 a year for 25 years in deferred payments.

I'm not happy. However, at least we know there is light at the end of the tunnel. In a few years all of Des's contracts will have been cleaned out and we can start fresh

So if you physically lose a player to another club but are still paying some of his salary he counts in your top 25 ? That sounds BS to me. I can understand the payments being counted in the salary cap, but to be a man down is ridiculous.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2