WTF was King thinking?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am going to defend bailey a bit here and use the same basis that others used to justify t Williams form earlier in the year. He trains all week and all off season in the back row, kits up expecting to start there and then has to slot into the halves. That isn't easy and you have to feel for him a bit.

He adds decent utility and gap filling value and every club needs that.

On another note how good is rodney going?

Dan link said:
He trains all week and all off season in the back row, kits up expecting to start there and then has to slot into the halves. That isn't easy and you have to feel for him a bit.

I don't think he's training all week in the backrow Dan, they knew Lyon wasn't 100% so he would have done some drills at 5/8th. Don't forget we bought him as a 5/8th. If we need a back-up 5/8th bring Hoppa into fullback play Farrar at centre until Lyon returns. We also have Whare aswell. Bailey doesn't suit our playing style and chokes our attack.

I was right behind this play in the Beaver stand , and the only thing I could see as was a rushed short pass from Farrar, which left him with no momentum. Probably thought he was gonna be taken into in goal.

Still , no good for the ticker seeing this stuff.  :-\

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I think kingy would struggle with the pace of origin.

Surely he is a better option than those 2 Sharks props who have played their part in making the Sharks the worse team in the comp for the last 2 years. The are honest toilers at best, but lack any talent.

Can anyone name me a pack other than Paramatta that the Sharks have got on top of over the last two seasons.

Dan link said:
I am going to defend bailey a bit here and use the same basis that others used to justify t Williams form earlier in the year. He trains all week and all off season in the back row, kits up expecting to start there and then has to slot into the halves. That isn't easy and you have to feel for him a bit.

It's his reads in defence... which are shocking and his zero attacking options. Don't get me wrong, you can see the blokes trying, but it's just not happening for him and hasn't for a while.
  Shane Rodney is just getting better and better, and who knew he was a damn good goal-kicker before last week? :-\

DSM5 - Mate, honestly in my opinion, I reckon a forward HAS to have an element of an offload, and some ball skills. Steve Price said it perfectly on Fox Sports a few years ago.

He said forwards can't be robots. Why? If the opposition knows a forward will not potentially pass or offload the ball, they are targeted for massive hits in defence, as this inspires the defensive team, giving them a lift.

I think that has na lot of merit to it to be honest..

I like that Perry, King and co. will sometimes be a transition player. It keeps the opposition in two minds...

BUT I do agree with a lot of you, that this could be done a lot smarter !!

King is no Steve Price.  Price always bent the line, was quicker and as a consequence got to the ball a lot faster.  King just doesn't have the smarts to off load, and when they do the ball ends up with a smaller guy who gets shortened.  Tip-ons are good but that doesn't seem to happen.  Or when that happens Perry then gives it to a player in either the same position or worse.  Anyway you play with what you have and if they can limit the dropped balls and other errors those forwards can take us to the GF. 

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183641.msg267820#msg267820 date=1276984776]

It's his reads in defence... which are shocking and his zero attacking options. Don't get me wrong, you can see the blokes trying, but it's just not happening for him and hasn't for a while.
  Shane Rodney is just getting better and better, and who knew he was a damn good goal-kicker before last week? :-\
[/quote]

Everyone who saw him kick last year at Newcastle  ;)

King could dominate at Origin level. He strikes me as the type who would grow another leg with the confidence he would gain from selection. I might be wrong of course!

Shane Rodney is going gangbusters this year, and what a kicker!!

Was he pulled last night or injured, reaslly surprised to see him taken off???

I realise there were a couple of hookers on the feld but I'm sure the cameras would have picked it up if he'd been pulled.

so true ,its so frustrating being on the oppositions line on the last tackle again and again and you see the likes of kite and co recieve the ball at first reciever and think they cantwinkle toe around the defence and score under the post or slip an insane ball to no one .

what happened to mounting pressure and putting in a little kick in goal for a repeat set everyone does it to us and seems to be able to have success with it.....

Ryan link said:
DSM5 - Mate, honestly in my opinion, I reckon a forward HAS to have an element of an offload, and some ball skills. Steve Price said it perfectly on Fox Sports a few years ago.

He said forwards can't be robots. Why? If the opposition knows a forward will not potentially pass or offload the ball, they are targeted for massive hits in defence, as this inspires the defensive team, giving them a lift.

I think that has na lot of merit to it to be honest..

I like that Perry, King and co. will sometimes be a transition player. It keeps the opposition in two minds...

BUT I do agree with a lot of you, that this could be done a lot smarter !!

You could count the amount of Petero 70c/litre's career offloads on two hands, and Martin Langs on one hand. Petero has been a standout rep prop for years and Lang played Origin. How many offloads did Shillington, Scott and Hannant throw in Origin 2 ? Props are paid to make metres and lay a platform, if they have the skill to offload then that is a bonus, but I hate seeing them get their expectations mixed up with their limitations and think they are ball players. Perry, Kite and King need to concentrate more on bending the line and getting rid of their stupid errors.

Galuvao needs more minutes !!

I feel safer seeing him on the park, he only goes 1 way, straight and hard, and his running at the end of the game got us some very valuable metres

Where was Cross? Why was Bailey on the bench instead of Cross or Seu Seu. Actually they need DCE on the bench with these 2 crook centers we are carrying.

mickqld link said:
Where was Cross? Why was Bailey on the bench instead of Cross or Seu Seu. Actually they need DCE on the bench with these 2 crook centers we are carrying.

Bailey was there for exactly the reasons displayed last night, so we had backup in more than 1 position

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6