WTF is going on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In a week where i thought that all Manly news would be good, it's all gone pear shaped. Stewart boys making headlines for wrong reasons. Arko saying he is disappointed in their actions on grand final day. Des rumours wont go away. Hoppa gone, and still board issues. Jesus we won a grand final can't we just enjoy it?

We are still the 2011 Premiers!
The detractors will continue their attacks in the Media as they cant get Manly on the football field :p

The detractors did not stop us from winning the Grand Final and they will not stop us from continuing to be the most successful club. They only inspire us to Greatness.

I'm with you Dowds. Can't help but feel negative and depressed about all the wrong headlines. Personally, when I think about it, 2008 post Grand Final was euphoric, right now, it's hard to feel great about anything.
Yeah , we're the Champs, but it would be so much sweeter if all the headlines were positive.

It's easy to ignore all the bad headlines, I watched the back page and Paul Kent was up to his old tricks, I loved how Billy Birmingam sticks up for Manly, but couldn't have cared less what the prick was saying anyway.

We are the CHAMPIONS and it is burning people up inside and I bloody love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Kent says Gallops office was open all year if they wanted to discuss the situation. What they wanted was Gallop to admit he got it wrong. Never heard of anybody having to make an appointment to RECEIVE an apology. The onus is on Gallop.

Laurie Daley summed up the Stewart stuff perfectly

"unless you were on the podium and heard what is said, then you are ject speculating"

Yea, I'm not letting all the negativity detract from my Premiership winning enjoyment.

Much happier to focus on the fantastic MWSE team accomplishments this season, the fact that we are 2011 Champions, and raising my fist high in the air in triumph decalring so to any footy fan I talk to about it.

And in any case, a lot of it is based on sensationalized media bull****, stuff that - remember our Maroon & White pride!

Manly Warringah 2011 Champions!

Why get down with negative press? A Manly fan should expect that sort of stuff. It means we're in all their heads. Good stuff. I'm having an excellent time telling my mates who go for loser clubs, all about our great club. 72/73/76/78/87/96/08/011.

I would suggest to all Manly supporters who are feeling down, purchase the GF series and watch them all on continual loop.

What bad news? We won the GF this year. We are the reigning premiers, playing to be World Champions again.

15 other teams would choose 10 times as much controversy, & bad headlines in a heartbeat if it meant being in our position. Put in perspective, this is all small stuff. Really small stuff.

Hoppa goes? Would've loved him to stay, champion player, but he's gone. He's ancient history. We move on.

I anticipated it, if we lost there would be nothing said. Its just the haters way of letting us know how jealous they are after winning the 2011 premiership. Just revel in it, these are glorious times. I have stated 1000 times, the scary moment is when the average punter likes the Seaeagles & they have no shock stories to tell - these are the times you will find we are not a contendor - its the old porcupine story - they feel threatened & dominated so the spikes come out. Similar creatures, slow & fairly harmless - just keep your distance & laugh. ;)

Look at it this way:
- in 2008 when we won everything everything was rosey and it seemed as if we would be on top for ever. We all know how 2009 went..
- in 2011 when we won, whilst we get a few congratulations, everything is far from perfect and the sky is going to fall. So with any luck this is a sign that there is still more good times to come in 2012.

Yeah f@#k the press. Lets go back to back and give them more reason to hate this great club. DES you need to sign for beyond 2012 so we can get the triple :)

The strong do not hate.

When someone hates, see their weakness, see their jealousy, see their fear.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2